WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Corona Virus...Real or Fake News

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Corona Virus...Real or Fake News  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 4th, 2020 08:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
811th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8185
Status: 
Offline
My takes from all this:

Anyone who claimed to be able to make any kind of prediction on this was a liar and a bad scientist. The press loved people like Fauci who was happy to make confident statements, but the truth is that we didn't and still don't know enough about this virus to make any useful predictions.

Preparation and hospital capacity played a huge part in this. Italy got caught with their pants down. They were hit early and their hospitals didn't have the capacity to cope with the numbers. They had triage situations with some people left to die so that others could be treated. Compare that with Germany. They already had a plan to deal with such an outbreak, and had an overabundance of intensive care facilities in hospitals. In years gone by, this extra capacity had been criticised by some as a waste of money.

A lot of people worked very, very hard to keep this virus in check and minimise the deaths. To then look at the results of this hard work and claim that there was never anything to worry about is crazy. It is possible that we could have had the same results without such a restrictive lockdown, but we can't ever know that. Stopping the transfer of the virus by the extreme measures we've taken was the ONLY thing we knew would work (see my first point). Anything else was just a guess (at best a hypothesis), and being wrong would have had tragic consequences. Look at the UK. For two weeks Boris Johnson went with the herd immunity hypothesis, until someone pointed out how many people might die if it didn't work.

Last edited on Mon May 4th, 2020 08:05 am by Kriss



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 4th, 2020 08:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
812th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7167
Status: 
Offline
I had to code a 30 year old female patient yesterday 5 times until she finally died. No major underlying co- morbidities prior to coming in. The whole flu nonsense comparison I've heard over and over from a bunch of the conspiracy theorist amuses me since most of these individuals still don't have a clue how rapidly this progresses from a respiratory standpoint. This lady hadn't even made it to an ICU to be vented. She was a med surge status patient which is the most stable level to start. Went from what I term walkie talkie to dead from my Saturday shift to Sunday

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 4th, 2020 12:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
813th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1715
Status: 
Offline
Kriss wrote: My takes from all this:

Anyone who claimed to be able to make any kind of prediction on this was a liar and a bad scientist. The press loved people like Fauci who was happy to make confident statements, but the truth is that we didn't and still don't know enough about this virus to make any useful predictions.

Preparation and hospital capacity played a huge part in this. Italy got caught with their pants down. They were hit early and their hospitals didn't have the capacity to cope with the numbers. They had triage situations with some people left to die so that others could be treated. Compare that with Germany. They already had a plan to deal with such an outbreak, and had an overabundance of intensive care facilities in hospitals. In years gone by, this extra capacity had been criticised by some as a waste of money.

A lot of people worked very, very hard to keep this virus in check and minimise the deaths. To then look at the results of this hard work and claim that there was never anything to worry about is crazy. It is possible that we could have had the same results without such a restrictive lockdown, but we can't ever know that. Stopping the transfer of the virus by the extreme measures we've taken was the ONLY thing we knew would work (see my first point). Anything else was just a guess (at best a hypothesis), and being wrong would have had tragic consequences. Look at the UK. For two weeks Boris Johnson went with the herd immunity hypothesis, until someone pointed out how many people might die if it didn't work.

This is a bit schizophrenic.  You seem to say that Fauci and others (particularly Neil Ferguson, for whom there will be a special place in hell) were far too confident in their predictions and models, but you also seem to say that we needed to do the things that they prescribed (and proscribed) or else they'd have been proven right. 
 
President Trump continues to pat himself on the back, however, even going so far as saying we may have saved a million lives by the lockdown.  He's playing a very dangerous game with this, politically at least, because people are aware that the infection rate is much higher than supposed (i.e. lower death rate from infection), other countries didn't lock their people down and saw results similar to ours and in some cases much better, the death toll is being juiced, and as businesses permanently shutter and people have no source of income there are going to be millions saying, "why was I forced to surrender my livelihood when there were other ways of handling this?" 



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 4th, 2020 12:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
814th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8185
Status: 
Offline
KGB wrote: This is a bit schizophrenic.  You seem to say that Fauci and others (particularly Neil Ferguson, for whom there will be a special place in hell) were far too confident in their predictions and models, but you also seem to say that we needed to do the things that they prescribed (and proscribed) or else they'd have been proven right. 

The advice they gave, social-distancing, hand-washing etc, is correct. It's not specific, though, it would slow down the transmission of any infectious disease or virus. Given that we knew so little, and we did 100% need to slow it down, these were the only things we could do. 



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 4th, 2020 01:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
815th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1715
Status: 
Offline
Principal_Raditch wrote: I had to code a 30 year old female patient yesterday 5 times until she finally died. No major underlying co- morbidities prior to coming in. The whole flu nonsense comparison I've heard over and over from a bunch of the conspiracy theorist amuses me since most of these individuals still don't have a clue how rapidly this progresses from a respiratory standpoint. This lady hadn't even made it to an ICU to be vented. She was a med surge status patient which is the most stable level to start. Went from what I term walkie talkie to dead from my Saturday shift to Sunday
Tragic, no doubt, but still an anecdote.  The people dying from this virus are primarily old and have co-morbidities.  That is what the data tell us.  The one-size-fits-all lockdowns have been a massive mistake for so many reasons, health-related and otherwise.  The Spanish flu was a huge problem because it was significantly more deadly to the young and healthy than were the garden variety flus.  Wuhan flu is not.  In many states, it is now clear that over half the fatalities are in long-term care facilities and nursing homes.   



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 4th, 2020 07:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
816th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4667
Status: 
Online
Grandma!!!!!!


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qC15sxEbX3c



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 4th, 2020 09:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
817th Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 669
Status: 
Offline
Spatulapup wrote: There are videos in all these cities  where they dont seem to care about the virus or still think it's a hoax. People out enjoying themselves or protesting. By the end of the month there should be around 100,000 dead.  I remember posting in March when there were 9 dead in Seattle. Those seem like the "good ole days" now.
I think it's more-so that people really only care about themselves more then anything else. They finally decided to shutdown our schools here for the rest of the school year today ( New Jersey) and even if they said that they weren't, mine 1st grader wasn't going back until September.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue May 5th, 2020 01:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
818th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53375
Status: 
Offline
We have our first murder related to the masks, as I knew would happen. I'm seeing fights over this all the time. A ghetto rat was shopping at a Family Dollar in Michigan, because where else would she shop, and got into an argument with the security guard for not wearing her mask. She kicked and spit at the guard, who then threw her out. 20 minutes later her husband and 23-year old son rolled up in an SUV and the son shot the security guard in cold blood. They're both expected to be charged with first degree murder, and the woman is in custody too. Don't disrespect no one's mama.

Last edited on Tue May 5th, 2020 01:27 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue May 5th, 2020 02:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
819th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7767
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: We have our first murder related to the masks, as I knew would happen. I'm seeing fights over this all the time. A ghetto rat was shopping at a Family Dollar in Michigan, because where else would she shop, and got into an argument with the security guard for not wearing her mask. She kicked and spit at the guard, who then threw her out. 20 minutes later her husband and 23-year old son rolled up in an SUV and the son shot the security guard in cold blood. They're both expected to be charged with first degree murder, and the woman is in custody too. Don't disrespect no one's mama.That's a shame. I had heard the son was up for junior partner at the law firm he began working for after he graduated Harvard Law School.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue May 5th, 2020 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
820th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1715
Status: 
Offline
If only it was a pinch-faced Karen who got it. Along the same lines, I'm sure most of you have seen this story now. A Missouri resident FOIA'ed the names of the people who called the state's snitch hotline and doxxed them. Good for him. When the people holding the levers of power know they can count on ordinary citizens to do their dirty work for them, we're one huge step closer to tyranny.


https://nypost.com/2020/05/04/st-louis-social-distance-tipsters-doxxed-on-social-media/



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue May 5th, 2020 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
821st Post
Vintage Wrestling



Joined: Wed Jan 30th, 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1086
Status: 
Offline
Is it ok to go outside yet? 



____________________
HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue May 5th, 2020 03:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
822nd Post
Qaenos

 

Joined: Tue Jan 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 1159
Status: 
Offline
Vintage Wrestling wrote: Is it ok to go outside yet? 
Maybe.  Are you planning to shop at a Family Dollar in the ghetto?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue May 5th, 2020 04:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
823rd Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7167
Status: 
Offline
Qaenos wrote: Vintage Wrestling wrote: Is it ok to go outside yet? 
Maybe.  Are you planning to shop at a Family Dollar in the ghetto?

Dollar Tree

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue May 5th, 2020 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
824th Post
Vintage Wrestling



Joined: Wed Jan 30th, 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1086
Status: 
Offline
Principal_Raditch wrote: Qaenos wrote: Vintage Wrestling wrote: Is it ok to go outside yet? 
Maybe.  Are you planning to shop at a Family Dollar in the ghetto?

Dollar Tree

I only go to dollar general. Guess I’ll just stay inside the house. I don’t want the covids



____________________
HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS HUSS
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue May 5th, 2020 05:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
825th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 1715
Status: 
Offline
I do my best to avoid Family Dollar and Dollar General, but I love Dollar Tree.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 10:21 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Corona Virus...Real or Fake News Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems