WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > What Was The Longest Running Feud In Wrestling History?

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
What Was The Longest Running Feud In Wrestling History?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat May 16th, 2020 02:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 43340
Status: 
Offline
I have no idea. Won't 'win' but I'll say Spiros Arion vs Chief Jay Strongbow. I'll dig up the dates. A decade?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 16th, 2020 02:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 375
Status: 
Offline
A couple that come to mind are Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee along with The Sheik and Bobo Brazil

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 16th, 2020 02:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Spread Eagle, Wisconsin USA
Posts: 6357
Status: 
Offline
Kayfabe might be Bruno-Larry. In public, they feuded from like 1980-2015. They didn’t “make up” until some autograph signing about 5 years ago.

In wrestling terms, how about Dusty and the Funks. Never friends, sometimes allies. But Dusty fought the Funks from 1974 until like 2000 or so.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 16th, 2020 03:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 43340
Status: 
Offline
Tag Team - Rock & Rolls vs Midnights.

Add an asterisk in there because the 'Midnights' changed

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 16th, 2020 04:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4532
Status: 
Online
beejmi wrote: Tag Team - Rock & Rolls vs Midnights.

Add an asterisk in there because the 'Midnights' changed

Rock n rolls v Cornette 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 16th, 2020 04:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4532
Status: 
Online
If Arn turns on Cody that would put Arn v the Rhodes Family 1985 to 2020



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat May 16th, 2020 04:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7978
Status: 
Offline
Superstar wrote: In wrestling terms, how about Dusty and the Funks. Never friends, sometimes allies. But Dusty fought the Funks from 1974 until like 2000 or so.
Dusty and Terry Funk started feuding in Amarillo in 1969.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat May 16th, 2020 08:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Home Of The Redskins, You Candy Asses. , Washington USA
Posts: 6784
Status: 
Offline
Blassie vs. Tolls

Abby vs. Colon
Gagne vs. Bockwinkel
Flair vs. Steamboat
Vince McMahon vs. Professional wrestling.



____________________
This thread was great till Rossi posted that AA ruined it.

Rossi=The Mouth That Bored
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun May 17th, 2020 04:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2004
Status: 
Online
Is this continuous, or on again/off again?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun May 17th, 2020 05:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 43340
Status: 
Offline
Boz1515 wrote: Is this continuous, or on again/off again?


Either

Gagne vs Bockwinkle is an interesting one. Will research 'how long' and 'Bobo vs The Sheik' gotta be in the running also

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun May 17th, 2020 10:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7675
Status: 
Offline
I can't believe the correct answer hasn't been given. It's Sheik and Bobo. They went constantly from the 50's to the 80's and they touched on every major territory there was. These guys wrestled literally hundreds of times.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun May 17th, 2020 11:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 3610
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: I can't believe the correct answer hasn't been given. It's Sheik and Bobo. They went constantly from the 50's to the 80's and they touched on every major territory there was. These guys wrestled literally hundreds of times.BitterOldMan mentioned Sheik and Bobo in the 2nd post on the thread.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun May 17th, 2020 11:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7675
Status: 
Offline
Heenan Fan wrote: WongLee wrote: I can't believe the correct answer hasn't been given. It's Sheik and Bobo. They went constantly from the 50's to the 80's and they touched on every major territory there was. These guys wrestled literally hundreds of times.BitterOldMan mentioned Sheik and Bobo in the 2nd post on the thread.Quiet you.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun May 17th, 2020 11:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Heenan Fan
Mr Monday Night!


Joined: Wed Oct 19th, 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 3610
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: Heenan Fan wrote: WongLee wrote: I can't believe the correct answer hasn't been given. It's Sheik and Bobo. They went constantly from the 50's to the 80's and they touched on every major territory there was. These guys wrestled literally hundreds of times.BitterOldMan mentioned Sheik and Bobo in the 2nd post on the thread.Quiet you.
Well, if it's any consolation, your both right. I certainly can't think of a longer feud than Sheik vs. Bobo.



____________________
"Comedians are just like Pro Wrestlers...all the good ones are dead!" Me, 2019

"I'm too smart to be a Democrat and too poor to be a Republican." Me, 2000
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon May 18th, 2020 03:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
sportatorium roach



Joined: Tue Oct 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1072
Status: 
Online
I remember an Apter mag had an article about Sheik and Bobo having a match in the early 90s.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:34 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > What Was The Longest Running Feud In Wrestling History? Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems