WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > The Video Vault > Stevens piledrives Snuka on tv

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Stevens piledrives Snuka on tv  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Oct 17th, 2020 05:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
the squared circle



Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8008
Status: 
Offline
https://twitter.com/wcollector78/status/1317284289730392065?s=24
I think “wrestling collector” posts on this site, right? If he does, keep up the great work. Your twitter clips are amazing - Thank you. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Oct 17th, 2020 11:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 44082
Status: 
Offline
Embedded a clip for the lazy that would still like to discuss





Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Oct 18th, 2020 03:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
thewrestlingcollector



Joined: Fri Mar 10th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 87
Status: 
Offline

Thanks


the squared circle wrote: https://twitter.com/wcollector78/status/1317284289730392065?s=24 I think “wrestling collector” posts on this site, right? If he does, keep up the great work. Your twitter clips are amazing - Thank you. 



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Oct 18th, 2020 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4622
Status: 
Offline
Who is Rogers referencing as being injured by Stevens?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Oct 18th, 2020 11:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Pee Pee Township, Ohio USA
Posts: 6529
Status: 
Offline
One Fan Gang wrote: Who is Rogers referencing as being injured by Stevens?Come on man, weren’t you listening?  It’s obviously a guy who’s name he will not mention because he gave him his word that he wouldn’t.  But he was there and he saw it with his own two eyes I can guarantee you that.  His neck was all off to the side and to this day he’s never wrestled again.  Sheesh.
It’s a bullshit story meant to put over Stevens’ piledriver.  It’s not like The Crippler could do Bombs Away anymore.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Oct 20th, 2020 11:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7801
Status: 
Offline
Why did Buddy not give Jimmy an answer right away? I don't remember that part being drawn out week after week wondering "will Buddy manage the Superfly?" Correct me if I'm wrong but I think within the next week or so he was full fledged manager. No big acceptance angle or anything.


Plus, the Stevens/Snuka feud should have been the greatest undercard feud in the WWF up until that time. A six minute match at MSG without a definitive finish and that was basically it.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Oct 20th, 2020 11:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 13795
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote:

Plus, the Stevens/Snuka feud should have been the greatest undercard feud in the WWF up until that time. A six minute match at MSG without a definitive finish and that was basically it.
One of the worst matches I have ever seen. Boy was I disappointed. I was ready for both men bloodied and Snuka trying a splash on Stevens before he runs out.



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Oct 21st, 2020 03:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
the squared circle



Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8008
Status: 
Offline
WongLee wrote: Why did Buddy not give Jimmy an answer right away? I don't remember that part being drawn out week after week wondering "will Buddy manage the Superfly?" Correct me if I'm wrong but I think within the next week or so he was full fledged manager. No big acceptance angle or anything.


Plus, the Stevens/Snuka feud should have been the greatest undercard feud in the WWF up until that time. A six minute match at MSG without a definitive finish and that was basically it.

From what I remember, once snuka came back on buddy Rogers corner (the following week?), he was in a neck brace, and asked Rogers again, with tears in his eyes. And Rogers said yes. At least that’s how I remember it. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Oct 21st, 2020 05:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 44082
Status: 
Offline
I believe Blassie was Steven's manager so the twist with Albano there (Snuka turning on Albano) kind of made it appear that Stevens had two managers. This needed to happen with one of Albano's guys putting Snuka out.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:29 pm  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > The Video Vault > Stevens piledrives Snuka on tv Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems