WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > The Election - Who Will Win? - Your Final Predictions

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
The Election - Who Will Win? - Your Final Predictions  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Nov 3rd, 2020 06:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
91st Post
kargol



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Brum, United Kingdom
Posts: 4932
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
tamalie wrote: The “Trump supporters are racists” and “Trump supporters are stupid” stuff that gets kicked around grossly oversimplifies things. For a lot of Trump supporters it’s the simple matter that they are Republicans and therefore they will always vote for the Republican candidate, no matter who and what he is, and that’s that. But that IS stupid.  That's not applying any logical thought and going blindly with a label. 



____________________
superfunkymean
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 3rd, 2020 11:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
92nd Post
gwlee7
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Lewisville, Texas USA
Posts: 5520
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
kargol wrote: tamalie wrote: The “Trump supporters are racists” and “Trump supporters are stupid” stuff that gets kicked around grossly oversimplifies things. For a lot of Trump supporters it’s the simple matter that they are Republicans and therefore they will always vote for the Republican candidate, no matter who and what he is, and that’s that. But that IS stupid.  That's not applying any logical thought and going blindly with a label.  American politics IS stupid so you are correct.  It is now seen as a sports contest instead of a system of government.  It’s your team against their team. Well actually it is BEYOND stupid. 



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 3rd, 2020 12:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
93rd Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2295
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
gwlee7 wrote: kargol wrote: tamalie wrote: The “Trump supporters are racists” and “Trump supporters are stupid” stuff that gets kicked around grossly oversimplifies things. For a lot of Trump supporters it’s the simple matter that they are Republicans and therefore they will always vote for the Republican candidate, no matter who and what he is, and that’s that. But that IS stupid.  That's not applying any logical thought and going blindly with a label.  American politics IS stupid so you are correct.  It is now seen as a sports contest instead of a system of government.  It’s your team against their team. Well actually it is BEYOND stupid. 
The stupid level gets cranked up another notch when you realize we basically have a uniparty in charge.  They all agree on the goals, they just have a different timeline.  



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 3rd, 2020 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
94th Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 45893
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Where's Mr Bob Backlund tonight?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 3rd, 2020 07:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
95th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55754
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
beejmi wrote: Where's Mr Bob Backlund tonight?

Attachment: A14D6E19-84B1-452E-8C15-A203687C019B.jpeg (Downloaded 53 times)



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 3rd, 2020 07:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
96th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4908
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
beejmi wrote: Where's Mr Bob Backlund tonight?

What’s going on in your area beej? I saw a report that R poll watchers weren’t allowed in and that the buildings had posters on the outside showing the names of certain candidates. 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 4th, 2020 12:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
97th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 10620
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Interesting noticing about yard signs...

I was visiting Traverse City, Michigan yesterday. Trump was there in person to have a rally.

As I drove into town the business that had signs were pro-Trump. I think I saw one Biden business sign, and about 10 Trump business signs.

I used WAZE to find my destination and to avoid traffic they guided me through neighborhoods to avoid traffic and construction. In the neighborhoods the yard signs were about 20 to 1 Biden to Trump.

I don't know that it means anything, but I found it interesting, and since we discussed yard signs the other day I thought I'd kick it in.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 4th, 2020 04:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
98th Post
Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4088
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Democrats are fools. They run a guy who is basically months from drooling on himself. Cmon they should have been able to easily win.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 4th, 2020 11:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
99th Post
silentkiller



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Flatbush, Brooklyn
Posts: 1294
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
tamalie wrote: Regarding the Civil War stuff, I don't see it happening in any way, shape or form. As worked up as many people get over this stuff, regardless of political preference and orientation, the number of people who actually go beyond words to action beyond the boundaries of the law and convention behavior is extremely low. Certainly there will be some opportunists who take to the streets to riot and loot or to hold rallies. However, most people have too much to lose to bother with that.

People have mortgages, jobs, kids with soccer practice, and things they do for fun like watching football, playing video games, going camping or whatever. Whether a liberal who'd get upset over Trump getting another term or a conservative who'd get angry over Biden winning, the overwhelming majority of people have an off switch and an obligation to their daily lives.

Look at late 1960s for a comparison. Some normal citizens and hippy/counterculture types alike were just certain a revolution was coming. What happened? When the Weathermen called for a massing of people to protest and riot in October of 1969 in Chicago while the Chicago 8/Chicago 7 trial was in progress, instead of thousands upon thousands as was the case a year earlier during the Democratic National Convention, a grand total of 800 people turned up. They were routed by the police and the local Black Panthers made a point of essentially calling them idiots in the process of saying they were sitting this one out. There certainly were bombings and groups shooting it out with the police in various cities, but the fact is that nothing that would constitute a revolutionary or civil war type disturbance happened.

What have we seen this time, so far? There have been riots and some nutjobs in Michigan, who in no way qualify as members of normal society based on their background, came up with a plan to take out the Governor that was amateur hour to the level that the operation was easily investigated and infiltrated by the FBI, leading to arrests before anything serious came close to occurring.

People will be mad. There will be incidents committed by people who will turn out to have some sort of greater personal issue, but no civil war. In fact, if Biden wins, I predict things will cool out a bit because at that point whoever becomes the face of the Republicans will be a normal politician rather than Trump.

People have had the same in other countries that exploded into war and unrest. Not saying it will happen now or in the next 2 years but it will happen 1 day.



____________________
http://www.hoopshabit.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 4th, 2020 11:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
100th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3385
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
And the votes are still coming in. Wow



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 4th, 2020 04:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
101st Post
tamalie
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5134
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
silentkiller wrote: tamalie wrote: Regarding the Civil War stuff, I don't see it happening in any way, shape or form. As worked up as many people get over this stuff, regardless of political preference and orientation, the number of people who actually go beyond words to action beyond the boundaries of the law and convention behavior is extremely low. Certainly there will be some opportunists who take to the streets to riot and loot or to hold rallies. However, most people have too much to lose to bother with that.

People have mortgages, jobs, kids with soccer practice, and things they do for fun like watching football, playing video games, going camping or whatever. Whether a liberal who'd get upset over Trump getting another term or a conservative who'd get angry over Biden winning, the overwhelming majority of people have an off switch and an obligation to their daily lives.

Look at late 1960s for a comparison. Some normal citizens and hippy/counterculture types alike were just certain a revolution was coming. What happened? When the Weathermen called for a massing of people to protest and riot in October of 1969 in Chicago while the Chicago 8/Chicago 7 trial was in progress, instead of thousands upon thousands as was the case a year earlier during the Democratic National Convention, a grand total of 800 people turned up. They were routed by the police and the local Black Panthers made a point of essentially calling them idiots in the process of saying they were sitting this one out. There certainly were bombings and groups shooting it out with the police in various cities, but the fact is that nothing that would constitute a revolutionary or civil war type disturbance happened.

What have we seen this time, so far? There have been riots and some nutjobs in Michigan, who in no way qualify as members of normal society based on their background, came up with a plan to take out the Governor that was amateur hour to the level that the operation was easily investigated and infiltrated by the FBI, leading to arrests before anything serious came close to occurring.

People will be mad. There will be incidents committed by people who will turn out to have some sort of greater personal issue, but no civil war. In fact, if Biden wins, I predict things will cool out a bit because at that point whoever becomes the face of the Republicans will be a normal politician rather than Trump.

People have had the same in other countries that exploded into war and unrest. Not saying it will happen now or in the next 2 years but it will happen 1 day.


I see your point, but counter with the idea that most people here, even people we consider working poor, have a standard of living that exceeds a large part of the world. The average citizen has too much to lose by engaging in such activity. Young people, while more politicized perhaps than in many recent years, are not generally active to the extent seen in nations where civil wars occur. The divisions are mainly political, a circumstance in which affiliation or membership tends to float, even if it is very gradual. The military is also not politicized, which isn't to say the soldiers and officers don't have political opinions, but rather that the military has no institutionalized role in the political process. I disagree strongly with the notion that any sort of civil war is imminent now or within coming decades. Contrary to how it might seem, we aren't even in a 1965 to 1972 level of political division.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:05 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > The Election - Who Will Win? - Your Final Predictions Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems