WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Bill Maher's "Religulous"

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Bill Maher's "Religulous"  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 12:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53326
Status: 
Offline
I saw this last night, it was one of the best docu-comedies I've ever seen.  Anyone else check this out yet?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: I saw this last night, it was one of the best docu-comedies I've ever seen.  Anyone else check this out yet?

i haven't seen it yet,   my wife won't go with me because it makes fun of god.   that is a big no no in her book.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 12:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
WongLee
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 7761
Status: 
Offline
god is a concept by which we measure our pain



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 02:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53326
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: I saw this last night, it was one of the best docu-comedies I've ever seen.  Anyone else check this out yet?

i haven't seen it yet,   my wife won't go with me because it makes fun of god.   that is a big no no in her book.

It doesn't make fun of God, it makes fun of idiots.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 02:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Kid_Naitch



Joined: Tue Oct 30th, 2007
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4903
Status: 
Offline
I'm holding out for the rental on this one. Want to see it, though. I've always liked Maher's acerbic wit.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 02:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: I saw this last night, it was one of the best docu-comedies I've ever seen.  Anyone else check this out yet?

i haven't seen it yet,   my wife won't go with me because it makes fun of god.   that is a big no no in her book.

It doesn't make fun of God, it makes fun of idiots.

my wife was brought up and went to a very conservative christian school and she thinks that it's blasphemy to talk about god in a negative way.  



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 03:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5509
Status: 
Offline
You'd think someone who has such obviously strong beliefs would be able to withstand some godless heathens saying mean words.

No slight to your wife, but it seems like the people who are the most fervent have an almost neurotic inability to handle even the slightest criticism of their belief system.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 03:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
sek69 wrote: You'd think someone who has such obviously strong beliefs would be able to withstand some godless heathens saying mean words.

No slight to your wife, but it seems like the people who are the most fervent have an almost neurotic inability to handle even the slightest criticism of their belief system.

it just the way she was brought up.  you don't make fun of god.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 03:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53326
Status: 
Offline
sek69 wrote: No slight to your wife, but it seems like the people who are the most fervent have an almost neurotic inability to handle even the slightest criticism of their belief system.

That's funny because Maher interviews a neurologist and they equate strong religious beliefs to mental illness.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 03:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: sek69 wrote: No slight to your wife, but it seems like the people who are the most fervent have an almost neurotic inability to handle even the slightest criticism of their belief system.

That's funny because Maher interviews a neurologist and they equate strong religious beliefs to mental illness.

she might have mental issues,  he married me.:D



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 03:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 53326
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: sek69 wrote: No slight to your wife, but it seems like the people who are the most fervent have an almost neurotic inability to handle even the slightest criticism of their belief system.

That's funny because Maher interviews a neurologist and they equate strong religious beliefs to mental illness.

she might have mental issues,  he married me.:D

He married you?  That's a whole different issue but God frowns on it.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Oct 30th, 2008 04:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
srossi wrote: freebirdsforever2001 wrote: srossi wrote: sek69 wrote: No slight to your wife, but it seems like the people who are the most fervent have an almost neurotic inability to handle even the slightest criticism of their belief system.

That's funny because Maher interviews a neurologist and they equate strong religious beliefs to mental illness.

she might have mental issues,  he married me.:D

He married you?  That's a whole different issue but God frowns on it.

sorry,  i no tpye to well.:tongue:



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 06:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
sportatorium roach



Joined: Tue Oct 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1073
Status: 
Offline
I'm looking forward to it. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 11:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 10235
Status: 
Offline
Me too.  My wife will not got.  Maybe Freebird and I can go together, and our wives can go drinking.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Nov 3rd, 2008 12:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Me too.  My wife will not got.  Maybe Freebird and I can go together, and our wives can go drinking.
sure,  let's do it.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:18 am  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Bill Maher's "Religulous" Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems