WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Joe Sakic To Announce Retirement On Thursday

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Joe Sakic To Announce Retirement On Thursday  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jul 7th, 2009 11:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283991

Hell of a career Burnaby Joe.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jul 8th, 2009 07:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
Next to Stevie Franchise...my second favorite player, what a class guy he was.



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jul 8th, 2009 10:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote:
Next to Stevie Franchise...my second favorite player, what a class guy he was.

You must now officially turn in your Red Wing fan card. I could overlook you thinking Probie was a defenseman, but having a member of the Avalanche as your second favorite player is unforgivable!!! The only thing worse is if you admitted to butt sex with Claude Lemieux.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jul 8th, 2009 11:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Online
Classy player - Bonehead when it comes to lawn maintenance or snow removal.



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jul 9th, 2009 08:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: stingmark wrote:
Next to Stevie Franchise...my second favorite player, what a class guy he was.

You must now officially turn in your Red Wing fan card. I could overlook you thinking Probie was a defenseman, but having a member of the Avalanche as your second favorite player is unforgivable!!! The only thing worse is if you admitted to butt sex with Claude Lemieux.


LOL. Big deal about me liking Sakic...I'd never wear any other teams jersey, but my Wings Yzerman jersey. I liked the way Sakic played, big deal? I also liked Mats Sundin too, doesn't mean I'm not a lifelong(diehard) Wings fan, or wont remain such. I think if I said I liked Claude Lemeuix(which I wouldnt, because I dont), you'd probably have a right to bitch, and you'd be correct to do so.

I Like Tim Duncan in Hoops too, why? because he's a great player and the most fundamentally sound player in the game. But, I'll ALWAYS be a Pistons fan.

My idol growing up was Jim McMahon, but I'm not a Bears fan. I was also a huge Nolan Ryan/Alan Trammell fan when I was growing up, doesn't mean I'm an Astros fan.

 

Last edited on Thu Jul 9th, 2009 10:42 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2009 04:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
All that other stuff is bullshit. The moment you put on a Wings jersey a genetic hatred for all things Lanche is unleashed. Just like little boys chasing little girls on the playground. The fact that you don't hate Sakic proves your a fag. Not that there's anything wrong with that.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2009 08:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: All that other stuff is bullshit. The moment you put on a Wings jersey a genetic hatred for all things Lanche is unleashed. Just like little boys chasing little girls on the playground. The fact that you don't hate Sakic proves your a fag. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Not true......

 

Lemme ask you something. Hypothetical: If Yzerman wouldve went to the Lanche and ended his career there, would you hate him?



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2009 11:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
Yzerman would not have accepted a trade, nor signed as a free agent with his most hated rival. He is also straight.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2009 02:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6797
Status: 
Online
Sin is correct. It would be like a Leafs fan liking Habs players.

A true leaf fan would never cheer for a guy who chose to play for the Poutine eating, non showering, pepsi drinking Canadiens.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 10th, 2009 02:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
the squared circle
Mr Hockey


Joined: Thu Feb 21st, 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7736
Status: 
Online
Principal_Raditch wrote: Sin is correct. It would be like a Leafs fan liking Habs players.

A true leaf fan would never cheer for a guy who chose to play for the Poutine eating, non showering, pepsi drinking Canadiens.

True. We also loathe the Sens.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Jul 11th, 2009 06:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Yzerman would not have accepted a trade, nor signed as a free agent with his most hated rival. He is also straight.


You dont know that. If Forsberg wouldve came to the Wings when he left Colorado, would you hate him, if he played for us, even though he was a former Lanche player?

Now, if you say you would...than you're a hypocrite & a liar, because we all know you'd be licking his hairy bean bag and bragging about how great of a team we have w/him on it. I simply said I liked Joe Sakic, and you got all upset over it.  I like Mats Sundin too, so what?

 I also think Lebron James is the fucking man in the NBA, doesnt mean I'll be wearing any Cavs stuff anytime soon, but I like the way he plays.

 I didnt know i wasnt allowed to not like anyone who didnt/doesnt play for a  Detroit team?(rollseyes)


 

By the way, never once did I say I cheered for Sakic, nor would I. Just liked the way he played, nothing wrong with that.

Last edited on Sat Jul 11th, 2009 06:10 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jul 11th, 2009 10:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
Stay on topic, motherfucker. This is not about your crush on LeBron James. You are as confused about this topic as you are about your own sexuality. Wings fans hate the Lanche. The Wings hate the Lanche. The Lanche hate the Wings.

Your Forsberg analogy does not fit because he would never play for Detroit because he hates the Wings. It also is completely illogical because it does not parallel your love of Sakic.

You are asking if I would accept a new Red Wing (Forsberg), which is totally different from you loving a player from your teams most hated rival.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2009 12:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Cory17



Joined: Sat Oct 20th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 812
Status: 
Offline
Principal_Raditch wrote: Sin is correct. It would be like a Leafs fan liking Habs players.

A true leaf fan would never cheer for a guy who chose to play for the Poutine eating, non showering, pepsi drinking Canadiens.

Or a winning team!



____________________
"Santa with Muscles" is getting great reviews. Gotcha! Actually the reviews are terrible. - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter [11/96]
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2009 02:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
have to agree with Sin on this. I couldn't imagine as a Flyers fan cheering for a player that plays for the Devils or Rangers.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2009 03:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
Yes, but would have butt sex with them.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2009 04:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Stay on topic, motherfucker. This is not about your crush on LeBron James. You are as confused about this topic as you are about your own sexuality. Wings fans hate the Lanche. The Wings hate the Lanche. The Lanche hate the Wings.

Your Forsberg analogy does not fit because he would never play for Detroit because he hates the Wings. It also is completely illogical because it does not parallel your love of Sakic.

You are asking if I would accept a new Red Wing (Forsberg), which is totally different from you loving a player from your teams most hated rival.





Not confused about anything. YOu took offense to the "Joe Sakic is my second favorite player" quote I made right? You got all butt hurt over it? Why do I like Sakic? because he reminds me of Steve Yzerman, in that he's relentless, and a class act, like Stevie Y is. Not to mention a helluva player. Couldn't carry Stevie's skates to the ice, but a damn good player IMO. FYI: I liked Sakic when he played for the Nordiques.


I don't "love Sakic", I simply said he was my second favorite player, behind Yzerman. No love, just like the way he plays, as he compares to Yzerman. Get over it already.

 

The ONLY reason why you have such a problem with this is because Sakic happened to play for Colorado, had he played for the St Louis Blues, you wouldn't have said jack shit & you know it. Nice try.

Not different at all, if he were to play(and you don't know if wouldnt come to Detroit), you'd like him. I didnt like Hull when he came to Detroit, but I became an immediate fan of the guy right then, why? because he was a great player.

Happy now? Jesus fuckin Christ...and you call me a "homer"? Let it go!!

Also, I guess i should be "handing my Tigers" card to you as well then? I also like Derek Jeter, uh oh....He's not a Tiger is he?

Despite the Tigers being my all time favorite sports team, I should'nt be allowed to be a Tigers fan huh? I like Derek Jeter, and he plays for the enemy.(rollseyes). He's not my favorite player mind you, but I like him. Would never wear anything w/his name or a Yankess logo on it, but you know, he does play for the enemy, so I shouldnt like him?(rolls eyes again).

I guess I shouldnt tell you that I like Evan Longoria, why? because he's a good young ball player. But hey, I shouldn't be a Tigers fan right? Afterall, Longoria plays for the enemy.

I dont need to ask your permission to like anyone, on any team, or anything else. You can whatever opions about me, who I like and dislike, I dont care.

 

No one should be able to like anyone from any team that doesnt play for one of their own hometeams? gotcha!




 

Last edited on Sun Jul 12th, 2009 05:28 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2009 05:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Stay on topic, motherfucker. This is not about your crush on LeBron James. You are as confused about this topic as you are about your own sexuality. Wings fans hate the Lanche. The Wings hate the Lanche. The Lanche hate the Wings.

Your Forsberg analogy does not fit because he would never play for Detroit because he hates the Wings. It also is completely illogical because it does not parallel your love of Sakic.

You are asking if I would accept a new Red Wing (Forsberg), which is totally different from you loving a player from your teams most hated rival.



Answer the question mother fucker.  You "stay on topic". I've answered your questions, now you answer mine. Would you still be a Wings fan, and like them if Forsberg was a member of the team? Stop dodging the question. Stop giving me bullshit answers. Answer the fucking question. If Forsberg/Drury or Sakic ever played for the Wings you'd immediately stop being a Wings fan?

 

By the way, I can read fine...stop dodging the questions. YOU know you'd be a Wings fan tomorrow if Claude Lemieux became a Wing as well. If you say you wouldn't, you're fucking lying.

 

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I liked Ray Borque too, and was glad to see him win a ring w/Colorado. Uh oh...Now I've done it haven't I?

 

Answer the question Mother Fucker.

Last edited on Sun Jul 12th, 2009 05:32 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jul 12th, 2009 01:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
Once again you have taken this severely off topic. Are the Yankees the Tigers most hated rival? No. What does you having the hots for Jeter have to do with Wings fans hating Avalanche players?

Have you ever noticed that since the "Kris Draper Incident" no former Wing has gone to the Lanche, and likewise no Lanche players have come to Detroit and played? Why? Cuz they fuckin' hate each other.

If you want an answer to your ridiculous question, no I would not like Forsberg if he became a Wing. I hated Hull when he was a Wing and was glad he was stuck on the third line.

Just so we can deal in facts, the Red Wings did offer Forsberg a contract, and he signed for less because he said, "I would never be a Red Wing.". He took less money to play elsewhere.

Since you seem to continually seem to misunderstand my point, turn the conversation into your love of LeBron and Jeter, I did not say you can't like players from other teams. I said no Red Wing fan would like a member of the Avalanche.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 13th, 2009 04:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Once again you have taken this severely off topic. Are the Yankees the Tigers most hated rival? No. What does you having the hots for Jeter have to do with Wings fans hating Avalanche players?

Have you ever noticed that since the "Kris Draper Incident" no former Wing has gone to the Lanche, and likewise no Lanche players have come to Detroit and played? Why? Cuz they fuckin' hate each other.

If you want an answer to your ridiculous question, no I would not like Forsberg if he became a Wing. I hated Hull when he was a Wing and was glad he was stuck on the third line.

Just so we can deal in facts, the Red Wings did offer Forsberg a contract, and he signed for less because he said, "I would never be a Red Wing.". He took less money to play elsewhere.

Since you seem to continually seem to misunderstand my point, turn the conversation into your love of LeBron and Jeter, I did not say you can't like players from other teams. I said no Red Wing fan would like a member of the Avalanche.



If thats how you take it, so be it. If Forsberg took "less money to play elsewhere", then he's a fucking idiot, because I dont give a shit if I hated someone, I want to win.

 I dont have man love for Jeter. He's from Kalamazoo, so I like him mainly for that reason, not to mention he's a pretty good ballplayer.. The Yankees are everyone's "enemy". I find it funny that you're all butt hurt over the fact that i simply said I liked Joe Sakic...not as much as Steve Yzerman, but think he's a good player. You cant deal with that. Fine.

Again, I couldnt care less what you think about who I like, or think is a good player, even if they play for an "enemy" team. Doesnt make me any less of a Detroit fan, regardless of what you think.

 

Just because you don't want to admit that Sakic's a great player, is fine. I think it's BS that you can't seem to say the guy was a great player, regardless of who he played for, but oh well.

Last edited on Mon Jul 13th, 2009 05:04 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 13th, 2009 01:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
Once again you have misunderstood the point. I never said Sakic wasn't great. I said Red Wing fans don't like the Avalanche. Why is that one sentence so difficult for you to comprehend?



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 13th, 2009 04:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 6797
Status: 
Online
It would be like.....an Iranian talking about how cool he thought Saddam was.

Last edited on Mon Jul 13th, 2009 05:00 pm by Principal_Raditch

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 13th, 2009 08:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
Exactly. Or an American saying, "Other than 9-11, Osama is a great dude."



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 13th, 2009 11:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
AbbyDaBuccher



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Denver, Colorado USA
Posts: 176
Status: 
Offline
Here's a little something for all you smelly inbred retarded dead wing fans...

ENJOY BITCHES!!!GO AVALANCHE!!!









____________________
My DVD Collection...Wanna Trade?
http://www.freewebs.com/tonydaloccsta
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jul 14th, 2009 02:04 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
khawk
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 15666
Status: 
Offline
The draper hit is some nasty shit, even so many years later.

 

Sin, if you really want stingmark to get your point, use a Midnight express analogy of some sort. that should work. :D



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jul 14th, 2009 08:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Once again you have misunderstood the point. I never said Sakic wasn't great. I said Red Wing fans don't like the Avalanche. Why is that one sentence so difficult for you to comprehend?

Not difficult for me to comprehend @ all. Im a Wings fan, and I think Sakic is a good player. Why is that one sentence so hard for YOU to comprehend?

 

Dude, you gotta move on already. Let it go!

Last edited on Tue Jul 14th, 2009 08:30 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jul 14th, 2009 06:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
Thanks for the advice, Kev.

A Wings fan liking Joe Sakic is like Mama Cornette saying Ricky Morton is her second favorite wrestler.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jul 14th, 2009 11:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Thanks for the advice, Kev.

A Wings fan liking Joe Sakic is like Mama Cornette saying Ricky Morton is her second favorite wrestler.

Who would be Her favorite Wrestler, Big Bubba ?



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jan 16th, 2011 04:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote:
The Ultimate Sin wrote: Thanks for the advice, Kev.

A Wings fan liking Joe Sakic is like Mama Cornette saying Ricky Morton is her second favorite wrestler.

Who would be Her favorite Wrestler, Big Bubba ?


Bobby Eaton



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jan 16th, 2011 08:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283991

Hell of a career Burnaby Joe.



I cant comment on how great of a player I feel Joe Sakic is...w/o first getting approval from Sin about it? Apparently, he feels that b/c Mr Sakic(who's a fucking fantastic player by the way, as was: Forsberg and Roy), as well as the others I mentioned are bad bad people, because they all played for the Avalanche? And, with me being a die hard Wings fan, because of the history of the two teams, i shouldnt be able to say "hey, so and so's a great player", because it might make him butt hurt, and he'll cry and whine, and demand i tell him why I supposedly "sucked his cock", when i simply said that i thought he was a HOFer. Despite the fact, that he plays for the big bad Avalanche.

I also felt that Ray Borque was a VG player as well, but I cant really comment on that either, why? b/c according to Sin's narrow mind, and complete and utter "cluelessness", I am not allowed to talk about anyone from the Avalanche, or it will upset him, and he'll go on a profanity laced tirade, where he claims you'll suck the cock of the guy you think is a good player.

So yeah, cant really comment on him, unless Sin says it's ok, and god forbid I wouldnt want to upset him, or hurt his widdle feewings, when i bring up someone from the Dark Side(The Av's).

Now, if Mr Sin had issue with me liking Claude Lemeuix? I could somewhat understand his pissyness and babbling on and on. But, Im not a fan of Lemeuix. Do I think he's a HOF'er? maybe. Oh no....(lemme see if i can remember how it went now) I might have to "turn in my Red Wings fanship" because, according to Sin's logic,Claude did very bad things to the Wings, so despite him doing very good things, possibly enough to warrant a HOF induction, if you're a "true Red Wings fan", you're apparently not allowed to like anyone who's never worn a Wings sweater? or, because he played for the Avs?

 

Got it.

To everyone else NOT named Sin: I think Sakic was a fucking great player.

Uh oh....Now I've done it haven't I Sin? I've brought up "his name" again? You know who that is? the guy who plays for that team, from the State the Rockies MLB team is from?

Just checkin with you, to make sure it's ok i say all this? I wouldnt want to hurt your little feelings, and all,  with you being such a huge Detroit fan and all?(Insert sarcasm here)


 

I expect a "you sucked so and so's cock..hahahahahahaha, im trying to be funny" response from you in your reply.(rollseyes)

Last edited on Sun Jan 16th, 2011 08:56 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jan 17th, 2011 12:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3160
Status: 
Online
yer drunk



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jan 17th, 2011 03:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote:
Next to Stevie Franchise...my second favorite player, what a class guy he was.

Where's the love for Delveccio, Lidstrom, or Maltby?



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jan 17th, 2011 05:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
stingmark



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9390
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: stingmark wrote:
Next to Stevie Franchise...my second favorite player, what a class guy he was.

Where's the love for Delveccio, Lidstrom, or Maltby?


Like all those guys too. I also enoy watching Datsyuk. Uh oh...now Sin will claim I said i wanted to suck them off too? using the "you're gay" response? Thats about as old as your mama jokes.(rolls eyes)

But, Sin never really has struck me as a bright person, so his 5th grade attempt at insults, doesn't surprise me. I would imagine he's somewhere looking up the career batting avg. of Doug Decinces?

Last edited on Mon Jan 17th, 2011 06:00 am by stingmark



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 20th, 2011 02:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
The Ultimate Sin
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 9831
Status: 
Offline
stingmark wrote:
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283991

Hell of a career Burnaby Joe.



I cant comment on how great of a player I feel Joe Sakic is...w/o first getting approval from Sin about it?
Apparently, he feels that b/c Mr Sakic(who's a fucking fantastic player by the way, as was: Forsberg and Roy), as well as the others I mentioned are bad bad people, because they all played for the Avalanche?

And, with me being a die hard Wings fan, because of the history of the two teams, i shouldnt be able to say "hey, so and so's a great player", because it might make him butt hurt, and he'll cry and whine, and demand i tell him why I sucked his cock. i thought he was a HOFer. Despite the fact, that he plays for the big bad Avalanche.

I also felt that Ray Borque was a VG player as well, but I cant really comment on that either, why? b/c according to Sin's narrow mind, and complete and utter "cluelessness", I am not allowed to talk about anyone from the Avalanche, or it will upset him, and he'll go on a profanity laced tirade, where he claims you'll suck the cock of the guy you think is a good player.

So yeah, cant really comment on him, unless Sin says it's ok, and god forbid I wouldnt want to upset him, or hurt his widdle feewings, when i bring up someone from the Dark Side(The Av's).

Now, if Mr Sin had issue with me liking Claude Lemeuix? I could somewhat understand his pissyness and babbling on and on. But, Im not a fan of Lemeuix. Do I think he's a HOF'er? maybe.

Oh no....(lemme see if i can remember how it went now) I might have to "turn in my Red Wings fanship" because, according to Sin's logic,Claude did very bad things to the Wings, so despite him doing very good things, possibly enough to warrant a HOF induction, if you're a "true Red Wings fan", you're apparently not allowed to like anyone who's never worn a Wings sweater?

or, because he played for the Avs?
 

Got it.

To everyone else NOT named Sin: I think Sakic was a fucking great player.

Uh oh....Now I've done it haven't I Sin?I've brought up "his name" again?

You know who that is?

the guy who plays for that team, from the State the Rockies MLB team is from?

Just checkin with you, to make sure it's ok i say all this?

wouldnt want to hurt your little feelings, and all,  with you being such a huge Detroit fan and all? (Insert sarcasm here)


 

I expect a "you sucked so and so's cock..hahahahahahaha, im trying to be funny" response from you in your reply.(rollseyes)



Not to steal Heretic's gimmick, but the point of a question mark is to signify a question.

BTW, why do you say I feel butt hurt every time you make an ass of yourself? I made a joke about turning in your Red Wings fan card or something and you got all defensive.

It's not like I'm the only on in this thread who has questioned how a Wings fan could love an Avs player. It's a legitimate question. Khawk even suggested I put it in simpler language so you could understand. HBF even offered you other Wings legends to choose from. People are just surprised at your lack of loyalty to your team.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 20th, 2011 02:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
Great player. To add to my "weird autograph collection", I have a pic signed and framed by Sakic as a Nordique. Add that to:
Joe Namath as a Ram
Bobby Hull as a Winnipeg Jet
Anders Hedberg as a Winnipeg Jet
Bobby Orr as a CHICAGO BLACKHAWK (what'd he play, 6 games?)

But my favorite one is the Don Murdoch from 1976. He is on the NHL's all-time coke team!

Last edited on Thu Jan 20th, 2011 02:53 am by HBF



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 20th, 2011 12:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
freebirdsforever2001
Fantasia is running wild!


Joined: Tue Jul 8th, 2008
Location: Pittsgrove, New Jersey USA
Posts: 20758
Status: 
Offline
HBF wrote: Great player. To add to my "weird autograph collection", I have a pic signed and framed by Sakic as a Nordique. Add that to:
Joe Namath as a Ram
Bobby Hull as a Winnipeg Jet
Anders Hedberg as a Winnipeg Jet
Bobby Orr as a CHICAGO BLACKHAWK (what'd he play, 6 games?)

But my favorite one is the Don Murdoch from 1976. He is on the NHL's all-time coke team!

You need to add Bobby Hull as a Hartford Whaler, or a Pic with Howe and Hull as Whalers.



____________________

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 20th, 2011 04:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17866
Status: 
Offline
freebirdsforever2001 wrote:
HBF wrote: Great player. To add to my "weird autograph collection", I have a pic signed and framed by Sakic as a Nordique. Add that to:
Joe Namath as a Ram
Bobby Hull as a Winnipeg Jet
Anders Hedberg as a Winnipeg Jet
Bobby Orr as a CHICAGO BLACKHAWK (what'd he play, 6 games?)

But my favorite one is the Don Murdoch from 1976. He is on the NHL's all-time coke team!

You need to add Bobby Hull as a Hartford Whaler, or a Pic with Howe and Hull as Whalers.


I do have Mark Howe as a Houston Aero. Wrong Howe. Forgot about that one. And I have Rusty Staub as a NY Met.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 07:44 pm  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Joe Sakic To Announce Retirement On Thursday Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems