WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu May 12th, 2022 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2791st Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1787
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
srossi wrote: I just find it funny that Long Island is AEW’s Canada, minus the passive aggressive “Bizarro World” commentary that Vince would shout into his announcers’ ears. And Long Island is a traditionally dead area with the worst fans dating back decades, so it’s amazing that AEW has gotten this market so hot.Interesting, I didn't know that. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 12th, 2022 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2792nd Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 15225
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: One Fan Gang wrote: srossi wrote: I just find it funny that Long Island is AEW’s Canada, minus the passive aggressive “Bizarro World” commentary that Vince would shout into his announcers’ ears. And Long Island is a traditionally dead area with the worst fans dating back decades, so it’s amazing that AEW has gotten this market so hot.

Were those miserable L.I. fans that were from the 80s required to pass that along to the next 2 generations, though?   Or was it that the booking of shows in general improved, to the point that future generations of fans were more appreciative?  

The booking of every show, '80s house shows right up to both Raw and Nitro in the '90s, which was the businesses' hottest period?  It had nothing to do with the product, Long Island fans were always known as the worst.

I suspect the difference is that UBS Arena is barely really in Long Island.  It's on the Queens border, about 5 feet into Long Island, a far cry from where Nassau Colisseum was.  I think that really makes a difference.


I think most every area of the country with their respective territory had their share of miserable individuals who were also wrestling fans, and with L.I. my vision was that there were too many of them gathered in the venue that they dragged the vibe down as a whole.  I've heard Nassau Colsieum may have also had bad acoustics, however if their crowds were just unappreciative vacuums of charisma, their reputations would be justified.  
Both MJF and Punk had Islanders sweaters on last night, with clearly opposite rections.   I have a vague recollection of Adrian Adonis wearing one into the ring against Bob Backlund at MSG in 1982, which is Rangers country.  (Unrelated, but the official Adonis Twitter account stated Jack Black is playing Adrian in a Netflix film about Hulk Hogan)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri May 13th, 2022 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2793rd Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 15225
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Forgot to post this yesterday.  A few attendees have video of the post-show from Long Island but this captures the essence of it all.   If you like the symbolism of things, Hook entered the arena from the heel tunnel and returned through the babyface side.   


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIrVM55reg

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri May 13th, 2022 05:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2794th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61512
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
One Fan Gang wrote: Forgot to post this yesterday.  A few attendees have video of the post-show from Long Island but this captures the essence of it all.   If you like the symbolism of things, Hook entered the arena from the heel tunnel and returned through the babyface side.   


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIrVM55reg

Thanks for posting, that was tremendous.  These guys are obviously having so much fun playing reverse roles, and Punk puts over Hook like he's The Undertaker. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri May 13th, 2022 05:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2795th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8595
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Gotta admit, I popped for the guy in the front row with the stupid “FRANCO HARRIS FEARS MJF” sign. I fucking hate Franco Harris.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri May 13th, 2022 05:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2796th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61512
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: Gotta admit, I popped for the guy in the front row with the stupid “FRANCO HARRIS FEARS MJF” sign. I fucking hate Franco Harris.
That's a reference to the airport statue incident, which apparently is the 9/11 of Pittsburgh if you look at how city officials reacted.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri May 13th, 2022 07:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2797th Post
Big Garea Fan
MR BASKETBALL
 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4509
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: Gotta admit, I popped for the guy in the front row with the stupid “FRANCO HARRIS FEARS MJF” sign. I fucking hate Franco Harris.
That's a reference to the airport statue incident, which apparently is the 9/11 of Pittsburgh if you look at how city officials reacted.

Anybody think that AEW will have a feud between MJF and Britt Baker over the Franco Harris statue incident?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2022 01:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
2798th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61512
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Johnny Elite (of course that’s his name) was the Wild Card on the men’s side of the Owen Cup, jobbing to Samoa Joe. It came across like a one-off but I could be wrong. He got a huge pop.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2022 01:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
2799th Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 15225
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 



Great bout with Kyle O'Reilly absorbing numerous strikes and aerial assaults from Rey Fenix en route to his victory.  Kyle's chest and neck look like he was victim of a stabbing.  

Last edited on Thu May 19th, 2022 01:26 am by One Fan Gang

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2022 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
2800th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61512
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
CM Punk is wearing an “Abortion Rights Are Human Rights” shirt. Not sure how Tony Khan can approve something as divisive and political as that on a national broadcast. I don’t think WWE even lets you wear your favorite band T-shirt anymore. The most political they ever went by far was letting The New Day wear some Black Lives Matter gear, but this one is going to get heat on a different level I bet.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2022 03:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
2801st Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61512
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Maki Ito is back as the female Wild Card against Britt Baker, and I still don’t get her.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2022 10:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
2802nd Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1787
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Johnny Elite (of course that’s his name) was the Wild Card on the men’s side of the Owen Cup, jobbing to Samoa Joe. It came across like a one-off but I could be wrong. He got a huge pop.He did. He looked rusty too, I thought. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2022 11:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
2803rd Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1787
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
One Fan Gang wrote:


Great bout with Kyle O'Reilly absorbing numerous strikes and aerial assaults from Rey Fenix en route to his victory.  Kyle's chest and neck look like he was victim of a stabbing.  
Best I've ever seen of Fenix. Really good match. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2022 11:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
2804th Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1787
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
srossi wrote: CM Punk is wearing an “Abortion Rights Are Human Rights” shirt. Not sure how Tony Khan can approve something as divisive and political as that on a national broadcast. I don’t think WWE even lets you wear your favorite band T-shirt anymore. The most political they ever went by far was letting The New Day wear some Black Lives Matter gear, but this one is going to get heat on a different level I bet.I can't imagine Tony will say anything to Punk about that. I could be way off. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 19th, 2022 11:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
2805th Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1787
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
I'm onto the Jericho - Regal confrontation. It's started well, went in too long for my liking and Regal's comeback was silly. Moxley looked drunk.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:28 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  182  183  184  185  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread) Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems