WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Aug 4th, 2021 10:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1441st Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Reports are that Ruby Soho, formerly Ruby Riott, will sign with AEW. She has already been given the rights to use “Ruby Soho” for free as her theme song by the band Rancid, who are big wrestling fans and friends of CM Punk’s, so that will save Tony Khan some money.  Her no-compete expires right before All Out. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 5th, 2021 03:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
1442nd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Tonight’s Forbidden Door brought us the AEW debut of NWA Women’s champion Kamille. That’s a huge appearance for her as she’s really inexperienced and over-pushed and has done nothing remotely high-profile before outside of NWA Power. She was at ringside watching the #1 contender’s match between The Bunny and Leyla Hirsch. Hirsch won and did the in-ring face-off with Kamille, and now will be traveling to NWA EmPower, the all-female PPV, to have the title match there.  This is the same PPV that Mickie James went to Impact to recruit Deonna Purrazzo for. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 5th, 2021 03:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
1443rd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Pabst Blue Ribbon aired a national commercial during Dynamite tonight featuring Matt Cardona, Brian Myers, Chelsea Green, Hornswoggle, and Mark Sterling. Their social media accounts are also plugging AEW and GCW. This commercial is a direct result of the Domino’s fall-out with Pabst trolling Domino’s and saying they’ll advertise with them instead, followed by pictures of the Pabst brand with a pizza cutter. What strange times these are.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 5th, 2021 05:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
1444th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9596
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Tonight’s Forbidden Door brought us the AEW debut of NWA Women’s champion Kamille. That’s a huge appearance for her as she’s really inexperienced and over-pushed and has done nothing remotely high-profile before outside of NWA Power. She was at ringside watching the #1 contender’s match between The Bunny and Leyla Hirsch. Hirsch won and did the in-ring face-off with Kamille, and now will be traveling to NWA EmPower, the all-female PPV, to have the title match there.  This is the same PPV that Mickie James went to Impact to recruit Deonna Purrazzo for. 
Also announced for next week is the Good Brothers defending the Impact tag titles against Uno & Grayson next week. Luke Gallows was wearing a robe that looked suspiciously like a Ric Flair robe in the segment when they announced the match.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 5th, 2021 03:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1445th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Cody Rhodes said that the Anthony Agogo match was originally supposed to happen at an AEW show in the UK, but those plans were obviously canceled due to Covid. Cody said that as soon as travel restrictions are lifted, AEW is planning on running a show and maybe even a Dynamite or PPV in the UK. Other international touring options are on the table as well.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Aug 6th, 2021 05:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1446th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Last night on Impact, we had a few pretty big Forbidden Door moments. Chris Bey joined The Bullet Club after Jay White helped him beat Juice Robinson.  Melina made her Impact debut as she was revealed to be Deonna Purrazzo’s opponent at NWA Empower, and Mickie James hosted the impromptu contract signing.  In the main event, Frankie Kazarian returned from AEW for his 1st Impact match in 7 years to unite Eddie Edwards and Sami Callihan in a win over Kenny Omega and The Good Brothers.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Aug 7th, 2021 12:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
1447th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
AEW has announced that in addition to Rampage, they will be premiering 4 new series by the end of 2022. One will be the previously announced reality show “Rhodes to the Top” starring Cody, Brandi, the baby, and Dusty’s widow. It’s a good guess that the other 3 shows will not actually have wrestling on them either and will just be reality-based or documentary-style.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Aug 9th, 2021 10:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1448th Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 8488
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jericho faces Wardlow on this week's Labour with MJF as referee. He is soliciting strategy across wrestling boundaries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5mg214g_ZQ

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Aug 9th, 2021 10:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1449th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
One Fan Gang wrote: Jericho faces Wardlow on this week's Labour with MJF as referee. He is soliciting strategy across wrestling boundaries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5mg214g_ZQ
“Let me write this down.”

“Oh yes, a mini List if you will.”

Jericho couldn’t hide the smirk. Classic. I love Danhausen and it’s great that Jericho is doing skits with him.

I don’t know why ROH just doesn’t give their belt to Omega and join the Forbidden Door alliance already. They desperately need the help and of the only thing that comes out of it is an Omega-Bandido match and Danhausen on Dynamite, I’d be satisfied. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2021 12:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
1450th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It’s been revealed that Jimmy Havok has moved back to England and has taken a regular job as a courier for the UK delivery company DPD. He posted a selfie somewhere in his uniform, but otherwise he has abandoned social media since #SpeakingOut.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2021 02:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
1451st Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Meltzer is reporting that Andrade is telling people he plans on his whole family joining him in AEW, and by “family” he means Ric and Charlotte Flair plus his former Los Ingobernables stablemates Rush, Dragon Lee, and Bestia del Ring from ROH.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2021 07:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1452nd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
PWInsider:

CM Punk did a special interview with the Sunday Nights Main Event podcast, where he talked about his role in the show Heels for Starz. Punk talks about originally reading for the lead role in the series, choreographing matches with Luke Hawkx, inspiration from his days in the ring for his character, and whether he watches current wrestling.

When asked about the possibility of appearing at the United Center on the second episode of AEW Rampage Brooks proceeded to check his calendar stating that he would be at a screening of episode three of Heels in Chicago at an AMC theater.

Punk was asked about Darby Allin he put over the former TNT Champion and his ability to dive saying everyone else needs to stop doing it because no one does it as good as Allin. The former WWE Champion was asked about the references made to the Best in the World and slyly said that "that's Bryan," referencing Bryan Danielson.

Punk states that even though his latest role puts them back in the wrestling world, he is focused on being an actor. Punk was asked why he didn't join AEW when first approached by Tony Khan, he stated that over the years in wrestling you hear plenty of stories of big money players starting their own promotions and he just didn't want to have anything to do with it.

When asked about recent releases, Punk states that he's been out of the loop and doesn't know who exactly has been released, but it may be a blessing in disguise. It sucks but it may be the best thing that happened to them



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2021 08:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1453rd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9596
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
srossi wrote: PWInsider:

CM Punk did a special interview with the Sunday Nights Main Event podcast, where he talked about his role in the show Heels for Starz. Punk talks about originally reading for the lead role in the series, choreographing matches with Luke Hawkx, inspiration from his days in the ring for his character, and whether he watches current wrestling.

When asked about the possibility of appearing at the United Center on the second episode of AEW Rampage Brooks proceeded to check his calendar stating that he would be at a screening of episode three of Heels in Chicago at an AMC theater.

Punk was asked about Darby Allin he put over the former TNT Champion and his ability to dive saying everyone else needs to stop doing it because no one does it as good as Allin. The former WWE Champion was asked about the references made to the Best in the World and slyly said that "that's Bryan," referencing Bryan Danielson.

Punk states that even though his latest role puts them back in the wrestling world, he is focused on being an actor. Punk was asked why he didn't join AEW when first approached by Tony Khan, he stated that over the years in wrestling you hear plenty of stories of big money players starting their own promotions and he just didn't want to have anything to do with it.

When asked about recent releases, Punk states that he's been out of the loop and doesn't know who exactly has been released, but it may be a blessing in disguise. It sucks but it may be the best thing that happened to them


We're gonna get this for the next few days. I guess Punk will be doing press for his new show, and he's gonna get asked about AEW, and he can't spoil anything, but he didn't deny it either. I think Punk turns up at the end of the first Rampage show (maybe not in person, just something confirming he is coming in) so that AEW can hype the premier of his new show. They shouldn't confirm it sometime before August 20 so they can maximise the viewing audience for the show.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Aug 12th, 2021 02:18 am
  PM Quote Reply
1454th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57727
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Wow, Pittsburg was on fire tonight.  Dante Martin is a jobber and would be the most over guy in WWE right now. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 12th, 2021 02:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
1455th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 5219
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
I watched most of the show tonight with my son and it was enjoyable. I didnt know a lot of the “stories” but it didnt lessen my enjoyment. Admittedly im a sucker for 6 man tags so having one kick off the show helped.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 04:47 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread) Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems