WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE on Peacock  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Mar 25th, 2022 04:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
241st Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE Network on Peacock finally has a new show called "Evil", a series about heels. The first episode is up taking the 1,000th look at Hulk Hogan, the NWO, and the downfall of WCW. It's like a repeat and even some interviews are old. And it features this gem from narrator John Cna: "Vince McMahon would dismantle the roster and yank WCW off the air." What in the ever-living fuck? Do they really believe this shit?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Mar 27th, 2022 09:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
242nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: WWE Network on Peacock finally has a new show called "Evil", a series about heels. The first episode is up taking the 1,000th look at Hulk Hogan, the NWO, and the downfall of WCW. It's like a repeat and even some interviews are old. And it features this gem from narrator John Cna: "Vince McMahon would dismantle the roster and yank WCW off the air." What in the ever-living fuck? Do they really believe this shit?
I watched Episode 2 with The Miz and it's actually pretty good because it's not the same re-hashed shit from 25 years ago.  Seemingly new interviews with John Morrison and Daniel Bryan are included, so not sure when those were taped.  They also have an interview with the Casting Director from "The Real World" and lots of clips from the show, so that was a unique perspective.  Miz comes across very well as he usually does, with the thread being his insecurity and fight to fit in and be respected leading to his blow-up with Bryan on "Talking Smack".  Whether intentional or not, Miz is basically the poster child for a great talent being bullied and held back repeatedly and almost driven out of the business, but somehow managing to make it.  WWE will use that as an example of "See, it can be done", and good for him I guess, but they make it ridiculously hard. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Mar 27th, 2022 10:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
243rd Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 3210
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: srossi wrote: WWE Network on Peacock finally has a new show called "Evil", a series about heels. The first episode is up taking the 1,000th look at Hulk Hogan, the NWO, and the downfall of WCW. It's like a repeat and even some interviews are old. And it features this gem from narrator John Cna: "Vince McMahon would dismantle the roster and yank WCW off the air." What in the ever-living fuck? Do they really believe this shit?
I watched Episode 2 with The Miz and it's actually pretty good because it's not the same re-hashed shit from 25 years ago.  Seemingly new interviews with John Morrison and Daniel Bryan are included, so not sure when those were taped.  They also have an interview with the Casting Director from "The Real World" and lots of clips from the show, so that was a unique perspective.  Miz comes across very well as he usually does, with the thread being his insecurity and fight to fit in and be respected leading to his blow-up with Bryan on "Talking Smack".  Whether intentional or not, Miz is basically the poster child for a great talent being bullied and held back repeatedly and almost driven out of the business, but somehow managing to make it.  WWE will use that as an example of "See, it can be done", and good for him I guess, but they make it ridiculously hard. 


I watched that one last night as well.  This was the first time I thought I could see similarities between Miz and MJF.  I liked this one too.



Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 30th, 2022 09:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
244th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
USA is airing most of these Evil episodes this week, so I still can’t figure out why I’m paying $4.99 for Peacock with zero exclusive content outside of horrible PPVs.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 30th, 2022 10:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
245th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 3210
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: USA is airing most of these Evil episodes this week, so I still can’t figure out why I’m paying $4.99 for Peacock with zero exclusive content outside of horrible PPVs.
Crappy PPV's have never been cheaper.  I wonder what percentage of WWE fans who have Peacock are getting it for free with their cable subscription?  I'd like to see those numbers.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 30th, 2022 10:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
246th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: srossi wrote: USA is airing most of these Evil episodes this week, so I still can’t figure out why I’m paying $4.99 for Peacock with zero exclusive content outside of horrible PPVs.
Crappy PPV's have never been cheaper.  I wonder what percentage of WWE fans who have Peacock are getting it for free with their cable subscription?  I'd like to see those numbers.

I get what you're saying but the PPVs have always been my least favorite part of WWE Network.  I liked the classic content and all the specials that they seemed to churn out on a regular basis, as production values decreased on the actual wrestling shows at least you could still say they were putting out world-class documentaries that would make ESPN jealous.  Now they've just stopped all that.  I could find the PPVs for free elsewhere if I really wanted to, and most are entirely missable. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 5th, 2022 01:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
247th Post
BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 4313
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
So does Peacock not allow you to jump to matches/segments in PPV.....er, Premium Live Events like the network did? There are certain matches in either night of WM I'd like to see, but don't feel like jumping around searching for them.



____________________


"The only area I can think of to avoid in Houston is Houston." - srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 18th, 2022 03:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
248th Post
bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 20136
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
More episodes of WWF Superstars are being added to Peacock and WWE Network today spanning from April 1995- early June 1995, featuring the time period after Wrestlemania XI and leading into that year's King of the Ring tournament.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Apr 25th, 2022 03:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
249th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Peacock has begun adding the latest season of Table for 3, with Kurt Angle, Chad Gable, and Otis as the first episode.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 26th, 2022 12:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
250th Post
Blazer
Head Auditor, CPA


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 9518
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
bpickering wrote: More episodes of WWF Superstars are being added to Peacock and WWE Network today spanning from April 1995- early June 1995, featuring the time period after Wrestlemania XI and leading into that year's King of the Ring tournament.
This was such a shitty time to be a wrestling fan of WWF and WCW.  
Definitely one of the reasons ECW seemed so amazing when I first started getting tapes around this time period.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 26th, 2022 12:55 am
  PM Quote Reply
251st Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3695
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Blazer wrote: bpickering wrote: More episodes of WWF Superstars are being added to Peacock and WWE Network today spanning from April 1995- early June 1995, featuring the time period after Wrestlemania XI and leading into that year's King of the Ring tournament.
This was such a shitty time to be a wrestling fan of WWF and WCW.  
Definitely one of the reasons ECW seemed so amazing when I first started getting tapes around this time period.

Totally agree, I remember stumbling upon ECW on a local station in December 1994 and being blown away. Even though I had to use rabbit ears to watch the station and it was staticy I taped every episode. 



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Apr 30th, 2022 01:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
252nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Steve Austin’s next guest will be Cody Rhodes on “Broken Skull Sessions”.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri May 13th, 2022 03:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
253rd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE has uploaded the latest "Table for 3" with R-Truth, Carmela, and Dana. I refuse to watch this one. They're just not even trying to create content there anymore.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 23rd, 2022 06:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
254th Post
bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 20136
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE Hall of Famer Jeff Jarrett will be the guest for next month's Broken Skull Sessions with Steve Austin. That should be interesting,

The WWE Network is currently in the midst of adding this month's Classic Content Drop.

It will be summer 1995-era episodes of WWF Superstars building to that year's Summerslam event.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Jun 5th, 2022 05:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
255th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The Jarrett interview with Austin is up and it’s a good listen. Lots on perceived heat between the two and their early days together in USWA, Owen Hart’s death, the walk-out after the Chyna match, and the Hogan “shoot”. They touch on cresting TNA but barely.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:30 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE on Peacock Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems