WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Final NXT Tanks  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 10:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11136
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: I’m just spending the entire NXT Googling who the fuck these guys are. I don’t know anyone and they barely even give you their generic names.
Some people complain that Excalibur gives too much back story on wrestlers (I don't agree). In NXT, we're just supposed to accept that these people popped into existence yesterday.

If this show was on the Network, as a developmental level below NXT, this show would be fine. Let people learn and make mistakes in front of an understanding audience. But this is national television, and it can only really appeal to the super-hardcore we-love-everything wrestling fanbase, which is very small. It's a long way from being must-see.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 12:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The new guy who was in the main event last week wasn’t even on the show this week. Instead we got introduced to 30 new guys. This is so epically bad.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 12:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11136
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I'm watching this second episode now. That set looks like garbage. You can't take it seriously when it looks like a children's Saturday morning TV show from the 90s (might be a UK thing), with a similar sized audience. However they did the lighting for Full Sail, it never looked this bad. That place looked like a wrestling venue. The Lucha Underground building also looked fine, but this looks terrible.

One reason why AEW took off so quickly, and TNA never did was that AEW looks like a real wrestling show filmed in a real arena. When you shoot in a TV studio, it looks low-rent. There's a reason WWE created the Thunderdome, because it looked crap in the Performance Center.

Are they using a smaller ring for NXT 2.0? It looks like it's smaller, but the ropes look higher.

Poor Kushida ends his WWE career getting punched in the face by a woman.

Last edited on Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 12:25 pm by Kriss



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 02:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
kargol



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Brum, United Kingdom
Posts: 5556
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Did they have the fake mafia guy from Chicago who speaks with a New York accent this week?



____________________
superfunkymean
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 02:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11136
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
kargol wrote: Did they have the fake mafia guy from Chicago who speaks with a New York accent this week?

I wouldn't disrespect made man Tony D'Angelo if I were you. He's no fugazi mafioso. You might end up in Lake Michigan wearing concrete shoes.

He cut another promo about his family.

Last edited on Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 02:32 pm by Kriss



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 02:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
cheapseats



Joined: Thu Jul 8th, 2010
Location: Eastern Panhandle , West Virginia USA
Posts: 1248
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Did anyone else catch the subtle nod to Von Wagner's dad in his vignette when he was slinging the sledgehammer?



____________________
Never said that I could 100 % substantiate it. And convincing you 100 % is not a concern of mine.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 8135
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: kargol wrote: Did they have the fake mafia guy from Chicago who speaks with a New York accent this week?

I wouldn't disrespect made man Tony D'Angelo if I were you. He's no fugazi mafioso. You might end up in Lake Michigan wearing concrete shoes.

He cut another promo about his family.

That promo was like watching a cartoon. I was flipping between the Jays-Rays game and NXT and I get this shit. Nxt 2.0 leads to Enforcer Luciano 2.0. BTW, Wagner looks like a Caveman with his protruding forehead.

Last edited on Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 03:10 pm by Principal_Raditch

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 03:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
KUSHIDA wrapped up last night?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 03:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11136
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: KUSHIDA wrapped up last night?
No. I just don't see him getting any kind of push now that Vince is in charge of NXT. 38 years old. Small guy. English isn't great. Everything is working against him.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 03:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: KUSHIDA wrapped up last night?
No. I just don't see him getting any kind of push now that Vince is in charge of NXT. 38 years old. Small guy. English isn't great. Everything is working against him.

You could say that for a ton of people. Roderick Strong beat him for the title last night, but i don’t see how he has a future at his age and with his lack of size and personality. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 03:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11136
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: KUSHIDA wrapped up last night?
No. I just don't see him getting any kind of push now that Vince is in charge of NXT. 38 years old. Small guy. English isn't great. Everything is working against him.

You could say that for a ton of people. Roderick Strong beat him for the title last night, but i don’t see how he has a future at his age and with his lack of size and personality. 

But he's in a stable with people they want to push. Will they even keep the CW title if they don't want any small guys?



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: KUSHIDA wrapped up last night?
No. I just don't see him getting any kind of push now that Vince is in charge of NXT. 38 years old. Small guy. English isn't great. Everything is working against him.

You could say that for a ton of people. Roderick Strong beat him for the title last night, but i don’t see how he has a future at his age and with his lack of size and personality. 

But he's in a stable with people they want to push. Will they even keep the CW title if they don't want any small guys?

Tyler Rust was in the same stable. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 07:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
cheapseats



Joined: Thu Jul 8th, 2010
Location: Eastern Panhandle , West Virginia USA
Posts: 1248
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: I'm watching this second episode now. That set looks like garbage. You can't take it seriously when it looks like a children's Saturday morning TV show from the 90s (might be a UK thing), with a similar sized audience. However they did the lighting for Full Sail, it never looked this bad. That place looked like a wrestling venue. The Lucha Underground building also looked fine, but this looks terrible.

One reason why AEW took off so quickly, and TNA never did was that AEW looks like a real wrestling show filmed in a real arena. When you shoot in a TV studio, it looks low-rent. There's a reason WWE created the Thunderdome, because it looked crap in the Performance Center.

The set itself looks atrocious.  Way too busy and distracting.
I don't see the size of the performance center as a problem. TV studios worked very well for Memphis  and a number of other promotions all those years and it was one of the best aspects of the NWA YouTube show. The current facility is closer in size to  say the say Irish McNeil's Boys Club , which was a great atmosphere for wrestling. 
The layout isn't the problem.  It's rebooting a product that didn't need one. Titan Tower killed anything unique about the promotion with the reboot. Promos are as atrocious as the main roster. The doubling down on backstage skits...ugh.The only bright spots for me are the announce team and a handful of talent.



____________________
Never said that I could 100 % substantiate it. And convincing you 100 % is not a concern of mine.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 09:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2616
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cheapseats wrote: Kriss wrote: I'm watching this second episode now. That set looks like garbage. You can't take it seriously when it looks like a children's Saturday morning TV show from the 90s (might be a UK thing), with a similar sized audience. However they did the lighting for Full Sail, it never looked this bad. That place looked like a wrestling venue. The Lucha Underground building also looked fine, but this looks terrible.

One reason why AEW took off so quickly, and TNA never did was that AEW looks like a real wrestling show filmed in a real arena. When you shoot in a TV studio, it looks low-rent. There's a reason WWE created the Thunderdome, because it looked crap in the Performance Center.

The set itself looks atrocious.  Way too busy and distracting.
I don't see the size of the performance center as a problem. TV studios worked very well for Memphis  and a number of other promotions all those years and it was one of the best aspects of the NWA YouTube show. The current facility is closer in size to  say the say Irish McNeil's Boys Club , which was a great atmosphere for wrestling. 
The layout isn't the problem.  It's rebooting a product that didn't need one. Titan Tower killed anything unique about the promotion with the reboot. Promos are as atrocious as the main roster. The doubling down on backstage skits...ugh.The only bright spots for me are the announce team and a handful of talent.

I disagree i liked it and more interested in the new NXT then i was the old NXT....

and I think it was smart to get away from the original NXT 2.0(this new reboot is really 3.0) that people loved because AEW does it better with the alternative to WWE style that Triple H wanted NXT to be.

but also with the tribalism wars going on right now(AEW vs WWE) and the fact that wrestling fans complain about everything especially WWE related ...it is taking away this might be the best 2 months of exciting wrestling in US since the end of 98..

Last edited on Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 09:21 pm by krazykid18

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 22nd, 2021 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62562
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
krazykid18 wrote: cheapseats wrote: Kriss wrote: I'm watching this second episode now. That set looks like garbage. You can't take it seriously when it looks like a children's Saturday morning TV show from the 90s (might be a UK thing), with a similar sized audience. However they did the lighting for Full Sail, it never looked this bad. That place looked like a wrestling venue. The Lucha Underground building also looked fine, but this looks terrible.

One reason why AEW took off so quickly, and TNA never did was that AEW looks like a real wrestling show filmed in a real arena. When you shoot in a TV studio, it looks low-rent. There's a reason WWE created the Thunderdome, because it looked crap in the Performance Center.

The set itself looks atrocious.  Way too busy and distracting.
I don't see the size of the performance center as a problem. TV studios worked very well for Memphis  and a number of other promotions all those years and it was one of the best aspects of the NWA YouTube show. The current facility is closer in size to  say the say Irish McNeil's Boys Club , which was a great atmosphere for wrestling. 
The layout isn't the problem.  It's rebooting a product that didn't need one. Titan Tower killed anything unique about the promotion with the reboot. Promos are as atrocious as the main roster. The doubling down on backstage skits...ugh.The only bright spots for me are the announce team and a handful of talent.

I disagree i liked it and more interested in the new NXT then i was the old NXT....

and I think it was smart to get away from the original NXT 2.0(this new reboot is really 3.0) that people loved because AEW does it better with the alternative to WWE style that Triple H wanted NXT to be.

but also with the tribalism wars going on right now(AEW vs WWE) and the fact that wrestling fans complain about everything especially WWE related ...it is taking away this might be the best 2 months of exciting wrestling in US since the end of 98..

Before moving to USA, NXT was actually more indy-rific than AEW, at least the Takeover shows.  The Revival vs. Ciampa and Gargano actually was better than the more hyped FTR vs. Young Bucks matches, by a lot.  I haven't enjoyed modern matches in 30 years as I did some of that stuff.  NXT only got watered down once Vince realized he owned it.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 08:16 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Final NXT Tanks Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems