WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > The All Things Good and Bad (Mostly Bad) WWE Thread

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
The All Things Good and Bad (Mostly Bad) WWE Thread  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Feb 15th, 2022 02:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8870
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: Rumours that Steve Austin will be wrestling at WrestleMania this year, possibly against Kevin Owens.
That's crazy after all these years.  And this isn't exactly a marquee match-up that the world has been clamoring for considering how Owens has been booked. 
Also considering there are about ten other guys that should be in front of Owens on the food chain.  Like if you are going to get Austin, wouldn't you want to start with Reigns?  Or if you are really, really nostalgic, see if you can get ol' Cold Stone to jump in there with Goldberg for that Dream Match that nobody has dreamed about since about '98?



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 15th, 2022 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62617
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: Rumours that Steve Austin will be wrestling at WrestleMania this year, possibly against Kevin Owens.
That's crazy after all these years.  And this isn't exactly a marquee match-up that the world has been clamoring for considering how Owens has been booked. 
Also considering there are about ten other guys that should be in front of Owens on the food chain.  Like if you are going to get Austin, wouldn't you want to start with Reigns?  Or if you are really, really nostalgic, see if you can get ol' Cold Stone to jump in there with Goldberg for that Dream Match that nobody has dreamed about since about '98?

You should be arrested for attempted murder for even suggesting that Austin wrestle Goldberg.  My God, he would accidentally kill him during the ring introductions.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 15th, 2022 02:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8870
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: Rumours that Steve Austin will be wrestling at WrestleMania this year, possibly against Kevin Owens.
That's crazy after all these years.  And this isn't exactly a marquee match-up that the world has been clamoring for considering how Owens has been booked. 
Also considering there are about ten other guys that should be in front of Owens on the food chain.  Like if you are going to get Austin, wouldn't you want to start with Reigns?  Or if you are really, really nostalgic, see if you can get ol' Cold Stone to jump in there with Goldberg for that Dream Match that nobody has dreamed about since about '98?

You should be arrested for attempted murder for even suggesting that Austin wrestle Goldberg.  My God, he would accidentally kill him during the ring introductions.

That was pretty much my point.  Goldberg almost killed himself in Saudi Arabia before almost killing 'Taker.  I can see Austin on the phone saying "You want me to wrestle who?  What?  Are you fucking insane?  No, not for $10 million!"
By the way, who is that Evan Karagias looking motherfucker that's holding the US Title?  I saw a pic that he was defending it against AJ Styles and I have no idea who the scrub is and don't even know his name.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 15th, 2022 03:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11162
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The idea behind Kevin Owens is that he is a very safe worker and trusted to take care of Austin. The idea behind Austin is that WM is in Texas and with six weeks to go, they need something to start moving tickets again. I think they've sold around 50,000 tickets for each night. Impressive, yes, but compared to the capacity that's a lot of empty seats. One big difference between the two night WrestleKingdon and the two night WrestleMania WK always had at least the top guy and and most cases guys wrestle on both shows. People travelling to Dallas will go to both shows, but they will already have their tickets, and they need to sell the tickets remaining to locals. I think there will be a big group of people waiting to see which night looks the best, an maybe waiting for a good deal (although 2 for 1 has already started).



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Feb 18th, 2022 03:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62617
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE has fired Spanish announcer Carlos Cabrera after 30 years with the company. No reason was given. Cabrera and Hugo Savinovich were the duo at the famed “Spanish announce table” when it would always break during the Attitude Era. After Savinovich’s departure in 2011, Cabrera was promoted from color to play-by-play and for the last decade worked alongside Marcelo Rodriguez. Cabrera was currently working every show as the Spanish voice of WWE, including Raw, Smackdown, NXT, and PPVs so this is a huge change for the Spanish-speaking market on par with Jim Ross leaving.  The new announce team will be Rodriguez and Jerry Soto. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 02:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 3210
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Rhea Ripley and Nikki A.S.H. continue to have an ongoing "feud," except one person wins every time and the other person completely jobs each time.  It would be the equivalent of Rick Hunter feuding with Randy Savage in like 1987.  


Last edited on Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 02:20 am by Boz1515

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 03:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2616
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: Rhea Ripley and Nikki A.S.H. continue to have an ongoing "feud," except one person wins every time and the other person completely jobs each time.  It would be the equivalent of Rick Hunter feuding with Randy Savage in like 1987.  


Doudrop and Bianca Belair ran it back again and i can't lie i was sports entertained by that match 


Doudrop is a good talent to have 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 04:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2616
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE is on troll mode with the Cody news i see

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 11:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 2158
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
krazykid18 wrote: WWE is on troll mode with the Cody news i see
In what way?
I listened to the Jim Cornette Experience yesterday and they made it sound like Cody was already signed to WWE or that it was a done deal.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 11:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11162
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jim_Irish wrote: krazykid18 wrote: WWE is on troll mode with the Cody news i see
In what way?
I listened to the Jim Cornette Experience yesterday and they made it sound like Cody was already signed to WWE or that it was a done deal.

Their Twitter account was posting cryptic messages including lyrics from Cody's entrance music. Clearly Cody is going to answer Edge's challenge at WrestleMania.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 01:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3699
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: krazykid18 wrote: WWE is on troll mode with the Cody news i see
In what way?
I listened to the Jim Cornette Experience yesterday and they made it sound like Cody was already signed to WWE or that it was a done deal.

Their Twitter account was posting cryptic messages including lyrics from Cody's entrance music. Clearly Cody is going to answer Edge's challenge at WrestleMania.


The dream match to end all dream matches!

In all seriousness, it should be a good match, but it’s also not going to sell many tickets and doesn’t scream WrestleMania either.  Cody always had the most over the top entrance in AEW, imagine if he gets control over his Mania entrance lol. It’ll put HHHs to shame. 



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 04:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 2158
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I'm not a huge fan of Cody but he is good in the ring when he can cut out a lot of the other shit (stupid angles, stupid promos, overbooked matches).

I do think they could get great heat out of him and Brandi as heels. They are so, so hateable.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 04:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
Big Garea Fan
MR BASKETBALL
 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4662
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
If true, they should have HHH come out with a sledgehammer and destroy Cody to get revenge for the "Double or Nothing" PPV where Cody smashed up the "HHH throne" or whatever that was that was considered to be a shot at HHH. Video is here:

https://youtu.be/o_t5N0o09fY
The YouTube embedding thing isn't working

Last edited on Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 04:54 pm by Big Garea Fan

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Feb 22nd, 2022 05:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8870
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Has WWE gone to velcro to hold a Championship Belt on the waste of the wrestlers now? I saw a video of Brock in the ring last night and unless hes carrying a replica, I didn't see any snaps.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Feb 23rd, 2022 02:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2616
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Nikita lyons can do her finishing pin on my face anytime

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:22 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > The All Things Good and Bad (Mostly Bad) WWE Thread Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems