WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Who didn't see this coming??

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Who didn't see this coming??  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 07:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10792
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jim_Irish wrote: Kriss wrote: Jeff Hardy seems like someone who needs to be looked after 24/7. I thought being back with Matt would keep him straight, but clearly not. If Jeff loses wrestling from him life, I don't see this ending well. Sad story for such a talented performer.Yeah I thought reuniting him with Matt might have helped too. 
There is more than one level to this. Of course, it's his brother, so he should be looking after him. It's also his career. This was supposed to be the swansong for the Hardys, or a least their last run at the top. They've been building this Bucks vs Hardys feud for a long time, and this ladder match was likely not the last planned match. That's all fucked now, and Matt Hardy's legacy will be his alcoholic brother. If he couldn't look after him for Jeff, he should have done it for himself.

All advertising for the match and Jeff Hardy has been pulled, so the match is not happening tomorrow.

John Pollock did some real journalism and because it happened in Florida, he was able to get hold of the full police report. Hardy blew a 0.298 which is 3.5x the Florida limit, something over 10 drinks drunk over a very short period of time. He was also driving a rental car, so there is a question as to how someone with a suspended licence could rent a car.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 12:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61496
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: Kriss wrote: Jeff Hardy seems like someone who needs to be looked after 24/7. I thought being back with Matt would keep him straight, but clearly not. If Jeff loses wrestling from him life, I don't see this ending well. Sad story for such a talented performer.Yeah I thought reuniting him with Matt might have helped too. 
There is more than one level to this. Of course, it's his brother, so he should be looking after him. It's also his career. This was supposed to be the swansong for the Hardys, or a least their last run at the top. They've been building this Bucks vs Hardys feud for a long time, and this ladder match was likely not the last planned match. That's all fucked now, and Matt Hardy's legacy will be his alcoholic brother. If he couldn't look after him for Jeff, he should have done it for himself.

That's not really fair.  Matt has a legacy on his own, and the Hardys' legacy was not at all dependent on one last run in AEW which few would've ever remembered even if didn't end abruptly.  They've got more than 20 years under their belts, and even the TNA stuff is going to be fondly thought of. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 01:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10792
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: Kriss wrote: Jeff Hardy seems like someone who needs to be looked after 24/7. I thought being back with Matt would keep him straight, but clearly not. If Jeff loses wrestling from him life, I don't see this ending well. Sad story for such a talented performer.Yeah I thought reuniting him with Matt might have helped too. 
There is more than one level to this. Of course, it's his brother, so he should be looking after him. It's also his career. This was supposed to be the swansong for the Hardys, or a least their last run at the top. They've been building this Bucks vs Hardys feud for a long time, and this ladder match was likely not the last planned match. That's all fucked now, and Matt Hardy's legacy will be his alcoholic brother. If he couldn't look after him for Jeff, he should have done it for himself.

That's not really fair.  Matt has a legacy on his own, and the Hardys' legacy was not at all dependent on one last run in AEW which few would've ever remembered even if didn't end abruptly.  They've got more than 20 years under their belts, and even the TNA stuff is going to be fondly thought of. 

I just mean it's a shitty way to go out, because they aren't going to get another main event run. Matt Hardy's AEW run has been pretty rotten, so I was hoping he might have turned a corner, then this happens.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 01:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61496
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: Kriss wrote: Jeff Hardy seems like someone who needs to be looked after 24/7. I thought being back with Matt would keep him straight, but clearly not. If Jeff loses wrestling from him life, I don't see this ending well. Sad story for such a talented performer.Yeah I thought reuniting him with Matt might have helped too. 
There is more than one level to this. Of course, it's his brother, so he should be looking after him. It's also his career. This was supposed to be the swansong for the Hardys, or a least their last run at the top. They've been building this Bucks vs Hardys feud for a long time, and this ladder match was likely not the last planned match. That's all fucked now, and Matt Hardy's legacy will be his alcoholic brother. If he couldn't look after him for Jeff, he should have done it for himself.

That's not really fair.  Matt has a legacy on his own, and the Hardys' legacy was not at all dependent on one last run in AEW which few would've ever remembered even if didn't end abruptly.  They've got more than 20 years under their belts, and even the TNA stuff is going to be fondly thought of. 

I just mean it's a shitty way to go out, because they aren't going to get another main event run. Matt Hardy's AEW run has been pretty rotten, so I was hoping he might have turned a corner, then this happens.

Matt has nothing left in the tank.  He's best served as a manager like they were trying to do for a little bit.  The cancellation of the ladder match might've saved either Matt or Jeff from serious injury, because that's more likely than them replicating their matches vs. the Dudleys and Edge and Christian.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 05:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8591
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Was Jeff "future endeavored" yet? Nowhere on here does it say that it happened, but also it's pointing toward it so I just don't know.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 06:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10792
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: Was Jeff "future endeavored" yet? Nowhere on here does it say that it happened, but also it's pointing toward it so I just don't know.

Nothing has been announced at all. All we know is that they aren't promoting the match scheduled for tomorrow anymore. I think Tony Khan would try to send him to rehab before firing him, but Jeff has always rejected rehab in the past and taken the fire me option.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 06:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8591
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Superstar wrote: Was Jeff "future endeavored" yet? Nowhere on here does it say that it happened, but also it's pointing toward it so I just don't know.

Nothing has been announced at all. All we know is that they aren't promoting the match scheduled for tomorrow anymore. I think Tony Khan would try to send him to rehab before firing him, but Jeff has always rejected rehab in the past and taken the fire me option.
Thanks.  It will interest me to see if he does reject rehab or some sort of problem.  Let's assume he does no jail time, you would have to think he would get some sort of community service time with a stint in AA as part of it.  That may be all the rehab he needs to complete.  And that would be court ordered, so he would have to.  Even he has to understand that this is his last big money deal and he needs to do whatever he can to ensure that the paycheck keeps coming in.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 06:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10792
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Just posted by AEW

Attachment: 20220614_201351.jpg (Downloaded 55 times)



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 06:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 15203
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 



I like that the reply has the dual message handling him as a person and for his on-air talent status.   It's about as thorough as it can be stated given where Jeff stands today, and there shouldn't be anything further to know until Jeff himself takes his next steps.    

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61496
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
One Fan Gang wrote:


I like that the reply has the dual message handling him as a person and for his on-air talent status.   It's about as thorough as it can be stated given where Jeff stands today, and there shouldn't be anything further to know until Jeff himself takes his next steps.    

For some reason (well, the reason being that wrestling fans are mostly terrible and childish human beings), AEW was being trolled incessantly the past 2 days because “WWE would pay for his rehab and AEW won’t”.  I don’t know where anyone got that idea and why some feel the need ti turn Jeff’s car crash of a life into a WWE vs. AEW thing, but again, revert back to my earlier statement about wrestling fans. Tony I’m sure wanted to make sure in the statement that he is willing to send Jeff to rehab. Whether he agrees or comes up with another excuse not to go remains to be seen. At least Matt has admitted this time that Jeff needs help and maybe he’ll stop enabling him. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 09:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: East Patchogue, New York
Posts: 8753
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote:
I don't believe he has a drug problem right now, he is just drinking.  You can see it on his face with the mugshot.  They didn't say he was high, they just said it was his third arrest in less than 10 years for DUI/DWI with drugs or alcohol.  But hey, maybe he's high AND drunk and if that's the case I really feel badly for him.  But from what I've seen and read, he was working on his best behavior in both WWE and AEW other than the night he left through the crowd and got fired for it.
This is exactly what I was wondering too. Scoring pain pills these days is like trying to capture a unicorn. If he gets it from the streets he's playing Russian Roulette because all these pills are pressed with fentanyl. 



____________________
"Did Scott Hall fuck Mike Johnson's wife?"

Kriss in the Scott Hall will be dead soon thread
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jun 15th, 2022 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61496
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Deadspin has picked this up and weighs in, but nothing new here.

https://deadspin.com/jeff-hardy-needs-help-1849061107?fs=e&s=cl



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jun 15th, 2022 11:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: East Patchogue, New York
Posts: 8753
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Officers putting their lives on the line every day for you and me. Their courage and professionalism shone through as not one, not two, but three police officers, who by the way put their lives on the line every day for you and me, pulled their guns on Jeff. Good thing it wasn't Bobby Lashley or Shelton Benjamin or else those officers would have no doubt feared for their lives while they were putting their lives on the line every day for you and me.



____________________
"Did Scott Hall fuck Mike Johnson's wife?"

Kriss in the Scott Hall will be dead soon thread
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jun 15th, 2022 12:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61496
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WongLee wrote: Officers putting their lives on the line every day for you and me. Their courage and professionalism shone through as not one, not two, but three police officers, who by the way put their lives on the line every day for you and me, pulled their guns on Jeff. Good thing it wasn't Bobby Lashley or Shelton Benjamin or else those officers would have no doubt feared for their lives while they were putting their lives on the line every day for you and me.
If only Jeff had shot up a school they would've let him walk away scot free.  Dick Slater would've done that and still made a double-shot in Tulsa that Sunday.  Wrestlers today are such pussies.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 17th, 2022 02:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10792
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jeff Hardy told the police who arrested him that he was on his way to get a brain scan. He wasn't lying. The Hardys were never going to wrestle in the ladder match on Dynamite due to Jeff's obvious head/brain injuries and were planned to be taken out as they came to the ring. Rewind two weeks and the Hardys were scheduled to win the title in the ladder match, but that all changed due to Jeff's condition.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:05 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Who didn't see this coming?? Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems