WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > inaugural 2023 class of The Women's Wrestling Hall of Fame

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
inaugural 2023 class of The Women's Wrestling Hall of Fame  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Nov 14th, 2022 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 20142
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
the following press release was issued:

Women’s Wrestling Hall of Fame Inaugural Induction

The Women's Wrestling Hall of Fame (WWHOF) https://womenswrestlinghalloffame.com/ was founded in 2021 by Pro Wrestling TagTeam “The Pitbull’s (Mad Dogs of War)” which consists of ECW original Angel Orsini, award-winning filmmaker Christopher Annino https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0030399/,  ECW original Pitbull # 1 Gary Wolf , and NWA Hall of Famer Susan Tex Green. The purpose is to preserve historic integrity of women's wrestling both professional and amateur.

The hall of fame was inspired by the documentary on women’s wrestling “Circle of Champions” https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6065506/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1.Directed by Annino and Orsini. Evan Ginzburg of the Academy Award nominated film “The Wrestler” is the associate producer of the documentary which will be finished fall of 2023. This is the official trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8n2ZTVru-s the film is a New England Music Hall of Fame (NEMHOF) http://www.nemhof.com production.

The following eras are considered per nomination (1800's to 1910’s) Pre Radio-Era, (1920's-1950's) Radio Era, (1950's to 1970's) Early TV Era, (1980's to 2000) Modern TV Era, and (2000's-Present) Internet Era. The Amateur category is reserved for female Olympians and collegiate Athletes. In order to be considered for nomination both pro and amateur candidates must have made a significant contribution to women’s wrestling.
This year’s inaugural 2023 class will include first ever women’s champion Cora Livingston, First NWA Women’s Champion Mildred Burke, Beverly Shade, Toni Rose & Donna Christanello (tag team), first openly gay female wrestler Susan “Tex” Green, first female referee in WWE Rita Marie Chatterton, WWE Champion Carlene “Jazz” Begnaud, Olympic gold medalist Iryna Merleni, WWE Hall of Famer Luna VachonWWE Hall of Famer Madusa. Marva Scott, Babs Wingo, first African American champion Ethel Johnson, and GLOW Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling will be honored for being a groundbreaking all female TV show and promotion. Others honored for media awards will be historian Tom Burke, actress Laurene Landon, journalist Jamie Hemmings, and the nobility award to Lori McGee.

 The symbol chosen to represent the women’s wrestling hall of fame is the Greek goddess of war & wisdom Athena. This will launch a women’s equality movement.  The movement will be led by NEMHOF’s CEO Amanda Epstein. The hall of fame is online but each induction will travel to various locations. This is symbolic of what pro wrestling actually is.

The first installment will occur prematurely on December 17, 2022 at Icons of Wrestling http://www.iconsofwrestling.net  2300 Arena aka ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA.

African American pioneers Babs Wingo, Ethel Johnson induction will be in Ohio through wrestling legend Bobby Fulton’s promotion World Classic Professional Big Time Wrestling. This was inspired by Chris Bournea’s documentary Lady Wrestler http://www.ladywrestlermovie.com

The Women’s Wrestling Hall of Fame will be teamed up with the International Wrestling Hall of Fame http://www.prowrestlinghall.org in Albany, New York.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Nov 14th, 2022 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11139
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Mildred Burke is probably the only true female main eventer in the history of wrestling. She was a genuine draw, who would be top billed when she wrestled and would add numbers to the gate.

June Byers was almost at that level, but by her time as champion, she didn't get the TV promotion that the other stars of the 50s were getting. She was still billed as a main eventer when she defended her world title, though she didn't have the same impact on the gate as Burke.

These are the only two wrestlers I would ever consider for any wrestling fall of fame at the same level as male wrestlers. From the mid 50s the the 2010s, there were no female main event wrestlers. Outside of Burke and Byers, women's wrestling was only an attraction, below the midgets but above the bears. Not a comment on their talent, but this is how they were positioned, and how they drew.

Cora Livingston is just a name. We have no real way of knowing how good she was. She certainly wasn't a main eventer, and I have a theory that she toured with the same opponent wrestling the same exhibition night after night.

I just read Beverly Shade in that list, telling me that they aren't serious about wrestling history, so I guess I wasted my time posting this.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Nov 14th, 2022 04:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: East Patchogue, New York USA
Posts: 8970
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
I think they got it wrong with "First Openly Gay Female Wrestler" with Sue Green winning. What about our own Johnnie Mae Young? She had forearm tattoos and wore suits for christ sake. She was gayer than an Oscar night viewing party co-hosted by Rossi and KGB. Even if you want to overlook Mae because all her felonies were committed against males, what about Sandy Parker? I think she started a year or two before Green and was as gay as a wine tasting party given by KGB and Rossi at their secret sodomy nest.


Now that I think of it, why is there a category like that anyway? I know they want to show how woke they are but gayness has absolutely nothing to do with in-ring performance nor was it used to draw.



____________________
...quite frankly, who the fuck is Ad Santel? - srossi.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Nov 14th, 2022 04:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62578
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WongLee wrote: Now that I think of it, why is there a category like that anyway? I know they want to show how woke they are but gayness has absolutely nothing to do with in-ring performance nor was it used to draw.
Words hurt and this comment LITERALLY just caused a 10-year old transgender kid to kill him, her, and themselves.  They're all dead now.  Please delete your post at once and report to your local re-education center at once.  And for your information, Sue Green would've beaten Lou Thesz in a shoot if not for misogyny.  



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Nov 14th, 2022 04:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: East Patchogue, New York USA
Posts: 8970
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Now that I think of it, why is there a category like that anyway? I know they want to show how woke they are but gayness has absolutely nothing to do with in-ring performance nor was it used to draw.
Words hurt and this comment LITERALLY just caused a 10-year old transgender kid to kill him, her, and themselves.  They're all dead now.  Please delete your post at once and report to your local re-education center at once.  And for your information, Sue Green would've beaten Lou Thesz in a shoot if not for misogyny.  
A 10 year old transgender. indeed 

When I was 10, all I knew about my penis was that I liked to take it out and show my aunts at Thanksgiving dinner. Of course a year or two later when I started to understand my sexuality better I would only show it as a greeting to girls I liked in school. What I never understood was, I went to Catholic school and whenever I did that to the girls, the priests would make me show them exactly what I did and take Polaroids. Why would they want Polaroids of a 12 year old boy?



____________________
...quite frankly, who the fuck is Ad Santel? - srossi.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Nov 14th, 2022 05:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8853
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WongLee wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Now that I think of it, why is there a category like that anyway? I know they want to show how woke they are but gayness has absolutely nothing to do with in-ring performance nor was it used to draw.
Words hurt and this comment LITERALLY just caused a 10-year old transgender kid to kill him, her, and themselves.  They're all dead now.  Please delete your post at once and report to your local re-education center at once.  And for your information, Sue Green would've beaten Lou Thesz in a shoot if not for misogyny.  
A 10 year old transgender. indeed 

When I was 10, all I knew about my penis was that I liked to take it out and show my aunts at Thanksgiving dinner. Of course a year or two later when I started to understand my sexuality better I would only show it as a greeting to girls I liked in school. What I never understood was, I went to Catholic school and whenever I did that to the girls, the priests would make me show them exactly what I did and take Polaroids. Why would they want Polaroids of a 12 year old boy?12 year old boy Polaroids were like Krugerrands on the pre-internet Catholic School playground.  The stuff wet dreams were made of.  Then the internet had to come along and screw everything up.  Are you a member of the "you too?" movement?  When your work friend told you that Father Philips was feeding him brownies and giving him Zima to drink, was your first response "You too?", because that's how you become a member of a movement. 

You have to admit, there can't be a girl any gayer than one who's nickname is Tex.  And is it true that Dick the Bruiser pulled his entire tattooed, cigar smoking, beer drinking persona from Johnnie Mae Young? 



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Nov 14th, 2022 05:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11139
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WongLee wrote: I think they got it wrong with "First Openly Gay Female Wrestler" with Sue Green winning. What about our own Johnnie Mae Young? She had forearm tattoos and wore suits for christ sake. She was gayer than an Oscar night viewing party co-hosted by Rossi and KGB. Even if you want to overlook Mae because all her felonies were committed against males, what about Sandy Parker? I think she started a year or two before Green and was as gay as a wine tasting party given by KGB and Rossi at their secret sodomy nest.


Now that I think of it, why is there a category like that anyway? I know they want to show how woke they are but gayness has absolutely nothing to do with in-ring performance nor was it used to draw.


To answer this somewhat seriously, I don't think that's supposed to be a category, just some information about her. As to why she is being inducted, look no further that paragraph one which states that she is one of the founders of this particular HOF.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Nov 14th, 2022 07:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
GregOliver

 

Joined: Fri Aug 22nd, 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 508
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I broke this story, and even then, I debated with the organizers about some of their choices. I mean, GLOW, the first year?!

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2022/10/20/womens-wrestling-hall-of-fame-launches/



____________________
goliver845@gmail.com
Producer, https://SlamWrestling.net
Author, http://www.OliverBooks.ca
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Nov 14th, 2022 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 11139
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
GregOliver wrote: I broke this story, and even then, I debated with the organizers about some of their choices. I mean, GLOW, the first year?!

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/2022/10/20/womens-wrestling-hall-of-fame-launches/


You think this will continue, or will it be a one-and-done just done for footage for the documentary?



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 15th, 2022 02:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
GregOliver

 

Joined: Fri Aug 22nd, 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 508
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Oh, I think they'll try to continue it. Whether there is any enthusiasm or demand is the real question.



____________________
goliver845@gmail.com
Producer, https://SlamWrestling.net
Author, http://www.OliverBooks.ca
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 10:38 pm  
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > inaugural 2023 class of The Women's Wrestling Hall of Fame Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems