WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Yankees-Red Sox Postponed Due to Covid

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Yankees-Red Sox Postponed Due to Covid  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jul 15th, 2021 11:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57552
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The Yankees have been hit with a Covid outbreak coming out of the All-Star Break. Tonight’s game with the Red Sox has been postponed. The Yankees confirmed that 3 players have tested positive and another 3 tests are pending but are presumed positive. The 3 confirmed positives happen to all be relievers, Jonathan Loaisiga, Nestor Cortes, and Wandy Peralta, indicating that maybe this spread from the bullpen. GM Brian Cashman said all 3 were vaccinated, 2 with the Johnson & Johnson shot and 1 with Pfizer, and they have had some symptoms but are doing well. The Yankees will not release any details on the other 3 players until their cases are confirmed. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 12:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2628
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: The Yankees have been hit with a Covid outbreak coming out of the All-Star Break. Tonight’s game with the Red Sox has been postponed. The Yankees confirmed that 3 players have tested positive and another 3 tests are pending but are presumed positive. The 3 confirmed positives happen to all be relievers, Jonathan Loaisiga, Nestor Cortes, and Wandy Peralta, indicating that maybe this spread from the bullpen. GM Brian Cashman said all 3 were vaccinated, 2 with the Johnson & Johnson shot and 1 with Pfizer, and they have had some symptoms but are doing well. The Yankees will not release any details on the other 3 players until their cases are confirmed. 

I stopped following baseball, but isn't this the second post-vaccination outbreak on the Yankees?



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 12:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3220
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Foo Fighters have postponed a show in LA due to covid in their crew.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 02:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7594
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
How are these people all getting COVID? Has everybody just stopped being careful? I understand almost nobody is wearing masks anymore, myself included, but have the common sense to stay 3 feet away from people and wash your fucking hands and you'll be fine. I have zero fear of catching COVID, yet I'm still smart enough to carry hand shit and I don't run up on people coughing and hacking. The way this sounds is that it's as bad or worse than last year July.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57552
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: How are these people all getting COVID? Has everybody just stopped being careful? I understand almost nobody is wearing masks anymore, myself included, but have the common sense to stay 3 feet away from people and wash your fucking hands and you'll be fine. I have zero fear of catching COVID, yet I'm still smart enough to carry hand shit and I don't run up on people coughing and hacking. The way this sounds is that it's as bad or worse than last year July.
That's really not fair.  We're all probably going to wind up with it at some point.  It's not just disappearing.  Staying 3 feet away from people means nothing, nor does 6 feet or any other magical distance.  Germs spread.  Now that masks are gone and people are gathering together and going back to work, there's just no way to not get exposed at some point.  The whole point of the vaccine was to give yourself a better chance of not getting sick if you get it, which seems to be lost on most people.  Then it might take 2 years, maybe 5 years, for it to die out, maybe longer as new strains develop.  The goal from the beginning should be to protect the elderly and most vulnerable, not to ensure that no one catches this, which is impossible and is a failed goal out of the gate.

Speaking of which, comedian and super wrestling fan Gabriel Iglesias announced he has to cancel at least 2 weeks worth of shows due to catching Covid.  In his video announcement, you'd think he got AIDS circa 1985, and the fan comments below are just as over-the-top.  Now I don't know what his doctors told him.  He's obese, and that's a problem.  He's more likely to have serious issues than any of the Yankees, that's for sure.  But he said so far he has minor cold symptoms, so let's relax a bit and not pretend he's dying.  After a year and a half of this, you'd think we'd be used to it by now. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 02:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2628
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: How are these people all getting COVID? Has everybody just stopped being careful? I understand almost nobody is wearing masks anymore, myself included, but have the common sense to stay 3 feet away from people and wash your fucking hands and you'll be fine. I have zero fear of catching COVID, yet I'm still smart enough to carry hand shit and I don't run up on people coughing and hacking. The way this sounds is that it's as bad or worse than last year July.
That's really not fair.  We're all probably going to wind up with it at some point.  It's not just disappearing.  Staying 3 feet away from people means nothing, nor does 6 feet or any other magical distance.  Germs spread.  Now that masks are gone and people are gathering together and going back to work, there's just no way to not get exposed at some point.  The whole point of the vaccine was to give yourself a better chance of not getting sick if you get it, which seems to be lost on most people.  Then it might take 2 years, maybe 5 years, for it to die out, maybe longer as new strains develop.  The goal from the beginning should be to protect the elderly and most vulnerable, not to ensure that no one catches this, which is impossible and is a failed goal out of the gate.

Speaking of which, comedian and super wrestling fan Gabriel Iglesias announced he has to cancel at least 2 weeks worth of shows due to catching Covid.  In his video announcement, you'd think he got AIDS circa 1985, and the fan comments below are just as over-the-top.  Now I don't know what his doctors told him.  He's obese, and that's a problem.  He's more likely to have serious issues than any of the Yankees, that's for sure.  But he said so far he has minor cold symptoms, so let's relax a bit and not pretend he's dying.  After a year and a half of this, you'd think we'd be used to it by now. 


This past year the principal at my daughter's school sent out notices on Class Dojo each time a student from the school tested positive.  All of them were fully remote (!) and I assume most of them only got tested in the first place because of contact tracing, but my god, each time the replies were so insane.  It was always mothers, never fathers, and they'd post shocked and crying emojis and then a few words about how awful this was and how they're praying so hard for the kid.  I never heard of a single kid who was actually sicker than a mild cold, but they always treated it like a death sentence.  

I wondered why she even sent these notices but I suppose if word got out that a parent wasn't notified that someone who was even connected to the school tested positive, there'd be hell to pay from some Karen.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7594
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
KGB wrote: srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: How are these people all getting COVID? Has everybody just stopped being careful? I understand almost nobody is wearing masks anymore, myself included, but have the common sense to stay 3 feet away from people and wash your fucking hands and you'll be fine. I have zero fear of catching COVID, yet I'm still smart enough to carry hand shit and I don't run up on people coughing and hacking. The way this sounds is that it's as bad or worse than last year July.
That's really not fair.  We're all probably going to wind up with it at some point.  It's not just disappearing.  Staying 3 feet away from people means nothing, nor does 6 feet or any other magical distance.  Germs spread.  Now that masks are gone and people are gathering together and going back to work, there's just no way to not get exposed at some point.  The whole point of the vaccine was to give yourself a better chance of not getting sick if you get it, which seems to be lost on most people.  Then it might take 2 years, maybe 5 years, for it to die out, maybe longer as new strains develop.  The goal from the beginning should be to protect the elderly and most vulnerable, not to ensure that no one catches this, which is impossible and is a failed goal out of the gate.

Speaking of which, comedian and super wrestling fan Gabriel Iglesias announced he has to cancel at least 2 weeks worth of shows due to catching Covid.  In his video announcement, you'd think he got AIDS circa 1985, and the fan comments below are just as over-the-top.  Now I don't know what his doctors told him.  He's obese, and that's a problem.  He's more likely to have serious issues than any of the Yankees, that's for sure.  But he said so far he has minor cold symptoms, so let's relax a bit and not pretend he's dying.  After a year and a half of this, you'd think we'd be used to it by now. 


This past year the principal at my daughter's school sent out notices on Class Dojo each time a student from the school tested positive.  All of them were fully remote (!) and I assume most of them only got tested in the first place because of contact tracing, but my god, each time the replies were so insane.  It was always mothers, never fathers, and they'd post shocked and crying emojis and then a few words about how awful this was and how they're praying so hard for the kid.  I never heard of a single kid who was actually sicker than a mild cold, but they always treated it like a death sentence.  

I wondered why she even sent these notices but I suppose if word got out that a parent wasn't notified that someone who was even connected to the school tested positive, there'd be hell to pay from some Karen.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I know a 31 year old that died from COVID.  I'm sure there was somebody younger than him but I don't remember hearing about it.  And it seems like anybody from the age 40-49 range that died was way early on, at least from what I saw reported.  Both of my sons had COVID, aged 21 and 19 at the time, and after recovery had zero issues, and none of that heart inflammation they talk about happening in younger people.  The notices were sent to scare people, because there's truly no reason to send notice when learning is remote.  In fact, I don't see how it's legal - that's a medical issue that should be covered under HIPAA.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 03:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57552
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: KGB wrote: srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: How are these people all getting COVID? Has everybody just stopped being careful? I understand almost nobody is wearing masks anymore, myself included, but have the common sense to stay 3 feet away from people and wash your fucking hands and you'll be fine. I have zero fear of catching COVID, yet I'm still smart enough to carry hand shit and I don't run up on people coughing and hacking. The way this sounds is that it's as bad or worse than last year July.
That's really not fair.  We're all probably going to wind up with it at some point.  It's not just disappearing.  Staying 3 feet away from people means nothing, nor does 6 feet or any other magical distance.  Germs spread.  Now that masks are gone and people are gathering together and going back to work, there's just no way to not get exposed at some point.  The whole point of the vaccine was to give yourself a better chance of not getting sick if you get it, which seems to be lost on most people.  Then it might take 2 years, maybe 5 years, for it to die out, maybe longer as new strains develop.  The goal from the beginning should be to protect the elderly and most vulnerable, not to ensure that no one catches this, which is impossible and is a failed goal out of the gate.

Speaking of which, comedian and super wrestling fan Gabriel Iglesias announced he has to cancel at least 2 weeks worth of shows due to catching Covid.  In his video announcement, you'd think he got AIDS circa 1985, and the fan comments below are just as over-the-top.  Now I don't know what his doctors told him.  He's obese, and that's a problem.  He's more likely to have serious issues than any of the Yankees, that's for sure.  But he said so far he has minor cold symptoms, so let's relax a bit and not pretend he's dying.  After a year and a half of this, you'd think we'd be used to it by now. 


This past year the principal at my daughter's school sent out notices on Class Dojo each time a student from the school tested positive.  All of them were fully remote (!) and I assume most of them only got tested in the first place because of contact tracing, but my god, each time the replies were so insane.  It was always mothers, never fathers, and they'd post shocked and crying emojis and then a few words about how awful this was and how they're praying so hard for the kid.  I never heard of a single kid who was actually sicker than a mild cold, but they always treated it like a death sentence.  

I wondered why she even sent these notices but I suppose if word got out that a parent wasn't notified that someone who was even connected to the school tested positive, there'd be hell to pay from some Karen.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I know a 31 year old that died from COVID.  I'm sure there was somebody younger than him but I don't remember hearing about it.  And it seems like anybody from the age 40-49 range that died was way early on, at least from what I saw reported.  Both of my sons had COVID, aged 21 and 19 at the time, and after recovery had zero issues, and none of that heart inflammation they talk about happening in younger people.  The notices were sent to scare people, because there's truly no reason to send notice when learning is remote.  In fact, I don't see how it's legal - that's a medical issue that should be covered under HIPAA.

I’m pretty sure it’s a requirement for most schools to notify parents if any kid gets it, but I’ll ask my wife. HIPAA doesn’t seem to apply to Covid, they just change the rules as they go along because this is such a “special” situation. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 03:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2628
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The youngest person I know to die was 55. And he had a ton of hard miles (drugs) on him. He also left the hospital after his initial diagnosis, because fuck that.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2628
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote:
I’m pretty sure it’s a requirement for most schools to notify parents if any kid gets it, but I’ll ask my wife. HIPAA doesn’t seem to apply to Covid, they just change the rules as they go along because this is such a “special” situation. 


I assume that's the case, too.  There were one or two staff members at school who tested positive, but I can't recall a single in-person student who was positive despite the insistence of that scumbag Fauci that children are little different than adults.  



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 04:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
gwlee7
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Lewisville, Texas USA
Posts: 5572
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Hippa says you can’t release names not data if I understand it correctly. At times in our district last year, we had schools that had to close because there wasn’t enough staff because so many had tested at positive at that particular school. My school came close a few times to having to close when we almost couldn’t cover all of our classes. You don’t have to have staff die or be hospitalized for an illness to cause major disruptions to a school environment. If you are sick and can’t come to work, someone has to take your place if you are a classroom teacher. I had to cover classes at least 10 or 12 more times besides the 10 day stint I pulled when one of our special ed teachers was out sick. So that was 20 some odd days last year that I couldn’t meet my minutes that I am supposed to in my actual school assignment.   I know that a lot of kids also tested positive at our school but do not know exactly who because of the way classes were quarantined when it happened.    
Now, I also agree that now that there is a vaccine that some people are still being too paranoid. However, it would help greatly if people took it. Somehow, with all the exposure I had last year I never caught it. Maybe for me it’s like how no matter how hard my mom tried to get me to catch the chicken pox when I was little it never happened.



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 04:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2628
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
gwlee7 wrote: Hippa says you can’t release names not data if I understand it correctly. At times in our district last year, we had schools that had to close because there wasn’t enough staff because so many had tested at positive at that particular school. My school came close a few times to having to close when we almost couldn’t cover all of our classes. You don’t have to have staff die or be hospitalized for an illness to cause major disruptions to a school environment. If you are sick and can’t come to work, someone has to take your place if you are a classroom teacher. I had to cover classes at least 10 or 12 more times besides the 10 day stint I pulled when one of our special ed teachers was out sick. So that was 20 some odd days last year that I couldn’t meet my minutes that I am supposed to in my actual school assignment.   I know that a lot of kids also tested positive at our school but do not know exactly who because of the way classes were quarantined when it happened.    
Now, I also agree that now that there is a vaccine that some people are still being too paranoid. However, it would help greatly if people took it. Somehow, with all the exposure I had last year I never caught it. Maybe for me it’s like how no matter how hard my mom tried to get me to catch the chicken pox when I was little it never happened.



Then again, maybe you had it and never knew.  Asymptomatic transmission accounts for a very large percentage of cases.  

I think you're right though, about HIPPA.  They can say what's happened but not to whom it's happened.  



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 07:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7594
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
My job had solid contact tracing. But they would not tell you who was sick. They would say "a person on the second floor is positive". Then if you came in close contact, you got a second email that said "You have come in close contact with somebody who tested positive for COVID-19, you can either quarantine for 14 days or present a negative test result between 7-10 days to return to the office.". My company tested us weekly on Monday and Tuesday and we would get results in 24 hours. So if you didn't want to pay for the test, you could come to the office and have somebody leave you a test kit, you do your part, then they bag it and bring it back in. That way they controlled the whole thing. It all ended on 6/30 - right before things started spiking again. I tested negative six weeks in a row, prior to that I was 100% work from home.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57552
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Back on topic, the Yankees-Red Sox series was given the green light to resume tonight.  However the Yankees will be in rough shape as the 3 presumed positive names were released and they are Aaron Judge, Gio Urshela, and Kyle Higashioka, who are all in quarantine.  It remains to be seen what kind of team the Yankees can field without their starting right fielder, starting 3rd baseman, back-up catcher, and 3 of their relievers.  In addition, Judge just returned from the All-Star Game, so there are concerns that he could've infected all of the best players in the game. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jul 16th, 2021 08:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7594
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Back on topic, the Yankees-Red Sox series was given the green light to resume tonight.  However the Yankees will be in rough shape as the 3 presumed positive names were released and they are Aaron Judge, Gio Urshela, and Kyle Higashioka, who are all in quarantine.  It remains to be seen what kind of team the Yankees can field without their starting right fielder, starting 3rd baseman, back-up catcher, and 3 of their relievers.  In addition, Judge just returned from the All-Star Game, so there are concerns that he could've infected all of the best players in the game. 
This begs the question - how can anybody on the AL All Star Team be cleared to play if Judge cannot?



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 01:02 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Yankees-Red Sox Postponed Due to Covid Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems