WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Bitcoin  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 12:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
361st Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57493
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Franchise wrote: If all of the pump and dumps were removed and all you had was legit crypto could it not still be manipulated to benefit some while excluding others? How is crypto any more equitable or inclusive than cash? "
Ask people in developing countries.


https://philippsandner.medium.com/the-impact-of-crypto-currencies-on-developing-countries-dce44c529d6b



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 01:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
362nd Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 5176
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Franchise wrote: If all of the pump and dumps were removed and all you had was legit crypto could it not still be manipulated to benefit some while excluding others? How is crypto any more equitable or inclusive than cash? "
Ask people in developing countries.


https://philippsandner.medium.com/the-impact-of-crypto-currencies-on-developing-countries-dce44c529d6b


So according to that it seems like of you can navigate the barriers to entry crypto allows you to side step corrupt banks and government that may be discriminating. 

Thanks 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 01:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
363rd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57493
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Franchise wrote: srossi wrote: Franchise wrote: If all of the pump and dumps were removed and all you had was legit crypto could it not still be manipulated to benefit some while excluding others? How is crypto any more equitable or inclusive than cash? "
Ask people in developing countries.


https://philippsandner.medium.com/the-impact-of-crypto-currencies-on-developing-countries-dce44c529d6b


So according to that it seems like of you can navigate the barriers to entry crypto allows you to side step corrupt banks and government that may be discriminating. 

Thanks

Perhaps more important to that is it's a hedge against inflation in countries where the local currency may be extremely volatile and drop to next-to-nothing over night.  I'm not sure if that's covered in the article, but it's the most important factor for poor people in developing countries.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jul 19th, 2021 01:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
364th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 5176
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Franchise wrote: srossi wrote: Franchise wrote: If all of the pump and dumps were removed and all you had was legit crypto could it not still be manipulated to benefit some while excluding others? How is crypto any more equitable or inclusive than cash? "
Ask people in developing countries.


https://philippsandner.medium.com/the-impact-of-crypto-currencies-on-developing-countries-dce44c529d6b


So according to that it seems like of you can navigate the barriers to entry crypto allows you to side step corrupt banks and government that may be discriminating. 

Thanks

Perhaps more important to that is it's a hedge against inflation in countries where the local currency may be extremely volatile and drop to next-to-nothing over night.  I'm not sure if that's covered in the article, but it's the most important factor for poor people in developing countries.


Ive understood the inflation part it was the other piece i was missing. 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Aug 6th, 2021 04:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
365th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57493
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Everyone that stuck it out with the crash should be back in the green now. Bitcoin is doing better, but Ethereum is really separating itself from Bitcoin and has been flying independent of it. Hope everyone held and bought the dip.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 10th, 2021 04:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
366th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2336
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Everyone that stuck it out with the crash should be back in the green now. Bitcoin is doing better, but Ethereum is really separating itself from Bitcoin and has been flying independent of it. Hope everyone held and bought the dip.
Held but didn't buy the DIP.. like you said and it was there for the taking...
I keep letting you down my Crypto Master

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Sep 2nd, 2021 11:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
367th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57493
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Bitcoin closing in on $50,000 again but the real money has been in ETH, which has been incredibly impressive even on days when Bitcoin isn’t moving. That’s very promising.

In other news, Reese Witherspoon tweeted that she just bought 1 ETH. So we’re at the point where your grandma bought a cell phone and asked you where the cat videos are. Next stop…the moon.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 5th, 2021 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
368th Post
Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4144
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Why has lite coin risen lately

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 5th, 2021 03:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
369th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57493
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Quattro wrote: Why has lite coin risen lately
Mostly because everything else has. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 5th, 2021 03:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
370th Post
Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4144
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
What should I buy as a noob who wants to play with this stuff?
Edit - using a robin hood account to dip toe in.

Last edited on Sun Sep 5th, 2021 03:15 pm by Quattro

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 5th, 2021 03:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
371st Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57493
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Quattro wrote: What should I buy as a noob who wants to play with this stuff?
Edit - using a robin hood account to dip toe in.

Just stick with Bitcoin and Ethereum if you don’t know what you’re doing, but I wouldn’t buy with everything so close to all-time highs. It will have to dip soon. I also wouldn’t have any part in Robin Hood. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 5th, 2021 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
372nd Post
Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4144
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Why not on robin hood

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Sep 5th, 2021 04:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
373rd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57493
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Quattro wrote: Why not on robin hood
Robin Hood is a stock trading platform, and not even very good at that. You don’t actually own your crypto and can’t move it off the platform. It’s almost like buying shares in crypto instead of actually buying crypto. And then there’s also the GameStop debacle, where they lost all credibility and would make me fear what they would do in times of volatility. I would take the extra few days to research some real crypto exchanges like Gemini or Coinbase. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Sep 5th, 2021 11:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
374th Post
brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3459
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
IMO - Robin Hood is perfect for some wanting to dip there toes in. But as srossi said, they are pretty high right now. I would wait for the dip.



____________________
Check out my YouTube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/user/brodiescomics
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Sep 6th, 2021 12:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
375th Post
Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4144
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Trying to understand the volatility

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 03:08 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Bitcoin Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems