WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Corona Virus...Real or Fake News

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Corona Virus...Real or Fake News  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 02:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
121st Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7397
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
So looks like my sister will be teaching her classes online for the rest of the year at MIT

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 03:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
122nd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9075
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Do people seriously have to pay four figures in the US to get themselves tested, even if they are insured? If true, that's absolutely nuts, and your real number is at least 10x the confirmed number.

Last edited on Wed Mar 11th, 2020 03:18 pm by Kriss



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 03:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
123rd Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2213
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: My work is having a mandatory work-from-home day on Tuesday to test our business continuity plan in the event that the office is shut down and everyone has to work from home.

Wait wait do you work on 45th street, in a theater company that markets broadway and off broadway shows, because they are doing that too just odd that tuesday was like the stay home test day... why not do it on a friday or Monday  lmao i hate coming back to work on  in between weekday

Last edited on Wed Mar 11th, 2020 03:23 pm by krazykid18

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 03:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
124th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56288
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
krazykid18 wrote: srossi wrote: My work is having a mandatory work-from-home day on Tuesday to test our business continuity plan in the event that the office is shut down and everyone has to work from home.

Wait wait do you work on 45th street, in a theater company that markets broadway and off broadway shows, because they are doing that too just odd that tuesday was like the stay home test day... why not do it on a friday or Monday  lmao i hate coming back to work on  in between weekday

LOL. No, I don’t work for a theater company. That sounds awful. But I do work very close to that area. I assume everyone is running similar tests. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 03:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
125th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9075
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
srossi wrote: krazykid18 wrote: srossi wrote: My work is having a mandatory work-from-home day on Tuesday to test our business continuity plan in the event that the office is shut down and everyone has to work from home.

Wait wait do you work on 45th street, in a theater company that markets broadway and off broadway shows, because they are doing that too just odd that tuesday was like the stay home test day... why not do it on a friday or Monday  lmao i hate coming back to work on  in between weekday

LOL. No, I don’t work for a theater company. That sounds awful. But I do work very close to that area. I assume everyone is running similar tests. 

I assume they did it on a Tuesday so that people would do some work, a not just take a long weekend.

Last edited on Wed Mar 11th, 2020 03:33 pm by Kriss



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 03:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
126th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56288
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: krazykid18 wrote: srossi wrote: My work is having a mandatory work-from-home day on Tuesday to test our business continuity plan in the event that the office is shut down and everyone has to work from home.

Wait wait do you work on 45th street, in a theater company that markets broadway and off broadway shows, because they are doing that too just odd that tuesday was like the stay home test day... why not do it on a friday or Monday  lmao i hate coming back to work on  in between weekday

LOL. No, I don’t work for a theater company. That sounds awful. But I do work very close to that area. I assume everyone is running similar tests. 

I assume they did it on a Tuesday so that people would do some work, a not just take a long weekend.

We’re having meetings and running tests almost all day. The purpose is to ensure that we can all do our work from home. Most of us work from home once a week anyway. But that day will be packed so trust me, we’d rather be at work. There will be no lounging on the couch. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 04:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
127th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7397
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I guarantee you were going to start seeing some hospital staff quitting as this progresses. I know a few nurses who are already trying to shift to Tele nursing or insurance

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 05:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
128th Post
tamalie
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5139
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Regarding whether or not Mania would get cancelled, you can never say never in a situation like this, but the city is having its St. Patrick's Day parade and festival this weekend as planned and that event brings in way more fans than the WWE will for its big show.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 05:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
129th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4958
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Global pandemic per the WHO



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 05:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
130th Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3272
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I’m definitely interested and follow how’s it’s spreading and all that, but am not concerned at this point. Not that we shouldn’t all be cautious, but the panic this has caused is unbelievable.

And I still don’t understand the toilet paper shortage.



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 05:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
131st Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 1167
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
In Philly, they are still having their St. Patrick's Day parade, but are also telling people to not to attend it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 05:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
132nd Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7397
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
She's the female doctor.

Last edited on Wed Mar 11th, 2020 06:00 pm by Principal_Raditch

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 05:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
133rd Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7397
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
This is a link to an NPR interview with the Infectious Disease doc I work with.

https://www.facebook.com/KCURKansasCity/videos/2988909474486598/?t=10

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
134th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4958
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
cookie32723 wrote: And I still don’t understand the toilet paper shortage.

I don't really understand it either unless they think the eventual supply disruptions are going to cause a long toilet paper outage.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Mar 11th, 2020 06:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
135th Post
lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 45736
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Our company is planning to cut back on the week-end shifts. Instead of 2 people working on Saturdays, only one person
will be doing the work of two.
Other options being discussed by management include employees not taking public transit to work. Maybe they want us to hitch-hike.
We have numerous branches spread out over the city. So, no more working at one site & working at another location the next day.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 08:20 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Corona Virus...Real or Fake News Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems