WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Hey, HarryG  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 04:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Heretic



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3875
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I've been posting at OSW a long time, and in the time I've been there and accumulated some 2000 posts, I don't think I've ever been given so much as a warning or had a post deleted, until now. I'm curious about a few things regarding this post, and I thought, since I have never ever known a board moderator who can be objective enough to countenance criticism and keep his itchy finger off the "ban" button whenever the performance of his duties is being questioned, better to do it here on someone else's board, where there is no itchy ban button.

And to those who would say, unfair! Unfair! HarryG can't defend himself here, I say: exactly. He has a ban button over there, and that's unfair. So this levels the playing field. I speak my piece, he reads it, and can think about it or not.

I am curious about this quote:

Posted: 25 Nov 2007 07:58 am Post subject:
Reigning it back in destroys their fun.

OK.

1. Nitro, on this board he goes by the handle "amerorig". If he wants to be called by any other name (including his legal name) he will let us know. Please refer to posters by their chosen I.D. (That also means that from now on he is referred to as Nitro and not Moondog Bone.)

2. This thread is about mwtapes, it will stay that way. No warnings and no banning. Anything that gets off topic and turns into another pissing contest will be deleted as soon as I-or any other Mod-sees it. You both have a PM option-use it.

3. I believe that all of you guys belong to other boards. Take your issues there. When you are here, stay on topic.

There is currently a serious situation happening in the real world that effects members of OSW-especially Juanita and Bodi. Keep that in mind.


First, regarding point #1.

Why are people allowed to post under sock puppets at OSW? Here, you openly acknowledge that Moondog Bone is Nitro 24/7. Now, this may indeed be the worst kept secret in the history of wrestling message boards, but let's stay on principle. If your concern is the reigning in of food fights and urinary bouts at OSW, it seems to me that allowing people to come back in as many identities as they can create invites exactly the kind of chaotic, childish ill will you claim to want to avoid.

Regarding point #2.

Why are threads about specific posters allowed? If the post is "about" mwtapes, then that seems to indicate that the summarizing point of the thread is "mwtapes: yay or nay?" So, we are allowed to evaluate mwtapes because that's the stated subject of the thread? But we're not allowed to evaluate Nitro 24/7 and his worthy contributions? Would I be allowed to start a thread to do this? Or would that just be seen as inviting the kind of mudslinging you profess to want to avoid?

I'm not understanding why mwtapes is allowed to be the whipping boy of the board. People (myself included) have been bashing mwtapes on the board for months on end, with nary a complaint from you. But level some fair criticism toward Nitro, or, god forbid, Dr. Jeff Cunningham, and posts wind up in the memory hole. I'm curious to know if my perception of favoritism is exaggerated.

I've seen this happen on several occasions on several different boards (not all wrestling): some troll shows up, starts crapping on everything, offends long-time posters. When the long-time posters fight back, some gullible moderator schnook steps in and in his magnanimity defends the free speech rights of the troll (who is always--- I repeat, ALWAYS--- clever enough to stay within the [usually very poorly] stated parameters of the board), and gives stern warnings to the long-timers that they shouldn't be so mean to this poor, sensitive troll. In the end, the long-timers get fed up and leave, the troll gets his jollies, and the mods get stuck with a message board comprised only of the troll and his two or three pals. It's one hell of an effective way to kill a board.

If. You. Fall. For. It.

Regarding point #3.

Yes. Yes, people post on other boards now. In fact, you could say that there has been a great deal of disenchantment with and mass exodus from OSW. I've seen this happen time and time again. People leave boards in droves, and the people running the boards invariably refuse to acknowledge that they--- the people running it--- have made any contribution to the mass exodus whatsoever.

And in the end, after everybody's left, and the old board is dead, the mods who are left remain to play with themselves and congratulate themselves on how much more "civil" the board is now. "Civil" meaning inactive, boring, dead, devoid of any differing perspective, bland, dormant, done.

As for poor old Juanita and Bodi, I'd be curious to know if we can use difficulties in our private lives as a defense whenever we are found to be not toeing the line. A little too cranky with poor old Jeff or Nitro? Well, I've been under a lot of stress in my private life too. Aren't we all. Or maybe the difference is that those of us who have never been in the business could never understand, to reiterate a tired old refrain that never seems to die at OSW.

I've enjoyed my time at OSW for the most part but it is hardly an indispensable part of my life. Keep pissing people off, and you won't have a board left to moderate, and you can just stay there and masturbate with Nitro, Jeff, dusty and the ref.

Last edited on Sun Nov 25th, 2007 04:13 pm by Heretic



____________________
Nick Hoodwinkel Jerkwinkel
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 04:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
khawk



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 19646
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I'm not understanding why mwtapes is allowed to be the whipping boy of the board. People (myself included) have been bashing mwtapes on the board for months on end, with nary a complaint from you. But level some fair criticism toward Nitro, or, god forbid, Dr. Jeff Cunningham, and posts wind up in the memory hole. I'm curious to know if my perception of favoritism is exaggerated.

 

I have to defend Harry/OSW/whomever on this one a bit. mwtapes seems to get off on everyone hating him, so why wouldn't they let that go?

Cunningham and Nitro are uber-sensitive cunts and the mods know that, so they protect them from similar threads.

It is favouritism, I don't necessarily agree with the idea of "protecting the whiny", but if mw enjoys being a dickhead for TNA and the abuse that it brings on, then OSW would be stupid to stop that.

 



____________________
"It never hurts to use plain language when people are fucking stupid."--gwlee

"wrestling fans need to start taking showers it makes no sense to smell the way they smell"--kk18

"Lard is a food group in Arkansas."-Raditch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 05:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 52155
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Cunningham and Nitro are uber-sensitive cunts and the mods know that, so they protect them from similar threads.

They complain to the mods about things. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.


 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 05:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Portalesman
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 7872
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Heretic wrote: I've been posting at OSW a long time, and in the time I've been there and accumulated some 2000 posts, I don't think I've ever been given so much as a warning or had a post deleted, until now. I'm curious about a few things regarding this post, and I thought, since I have never ever known a board moderator who can be objective enough to countenance criticism and keep his itchy finger off the "ban" button whenever the performance of his duties is being questioned, better to do it here on someone else's board, where there is no itchy ban button.

And to those who would say, unfair! Unfair! HarryG can't defend himself here, I say: exactly. He has a ban button over there, and that's unfair. So this levels the playing field. I speak my piece, he reads it, and can think about it or not.

I am curious about this quote:

Posted: 25 Nov 2007 07:58 am Post subject:
Reigning it back in destroys their fun.

OK.

1. Nitro, on this board he goes by the handle "amerorig". If he wants to be called by any other name (including his legal name) he will let us know. Please refer to posters by their chosen I.D. (That also means that from now on he is referred to as Nitro and not Moondog Bone.)

2. This thread is about mwtapes, it will stay that way. No warnings and no banning. Anything that gets off topic and turns into another pissing contest will be deleted as soon as I-or any other Mod-sees it. You both have a PM option-use it.

3. I believe that all of you guys belong to other boards. Take your issues there. When you are here, stay on topic.

There is currently a serious situation happening in the real world that effects members of OSW-especially Juanita and Bodi. Keep that in mind.


First, regarding point #1.

Why are people allowed to post under sock puppets at OSW? Here, you openly acknowledge that Moondog Bone is Nitro 24/7. Now, this may indeed be the worst kept secret in the history of wrestling message boards, but let's stay on principle. If your concern is the reigning in of food fights and urinary bouts at OSW, it seems to me that allowing people to come back in as many identities as they can create invites exactly the kind of chaotic, childish ill will you claim to want to avoid.

Regarding point #2.

Why are threads about specific posters allowed? If the post is "about" mwtapes, then that seems to indicate that the summarizing point of the thread is "mwtapes: yay or nay?" So, we are allowed to evaluate mwtapes because that's the stated subject of the thread? But we're not allowed to evaluate Nitro 24/7 and his worthy contributions? Would I be allowed to start a thread to do this? Or would that just be seen as inviting the kind of mudslinging you profess to want to avoid?

I'm not understanding why mwtapes is allowed to be the whipping boy of the board. People (myself included) have been bashing mwtapes on the board for months on end, with nary a complaint from you. But level some fair criticism toward Nitro, or, god forbid, Dr. Jeff Cunningham, and posts wind up in the memory hole. I'm curious to know if my perception of favoritism is exaggerated.

I've seen this happen on several occasions on several different boards (not all wrestling): some troll shows up, starts crapping on everything, offends long-time posters. When the long-time posters fight back, some gullible moderator schnook steps in and in his magnanimity defends the free speech rights of the troll (who is always--- I repeat, ALWAYS--- clever enough to stay within the [usually very poorly] stated parameters of the board), and gives stern warnings to the long-timers that they shouldn't be so mean to this poor, sensitive troll. In the end, the long-timers get fed up and leave, the troll gets his jollies, and the mods get stuck with a message board comprised only of the troll and his two or three pals. It's one hell of an effective way to kill a board.

If. You. Fall. For. It.

Regarding point #3.

Yes. Yes, people post on other boards now. In fact, you could say that there has been a great deal of disenchantment with and mass exodus from OSW. I've seen this happen time and time again. People leave boards in droves, and the people running the boards invariably refuse to acknowledge that they--- the people running it--- have made any contribution to the mass exodus whatsoever.

And in the end, after everybody's left, and the old board is dead, the mods who are left remain to play with themselves and congratulate themselves on how much more "civil" the board is now. "Civil" meaning inactive, boring, dead, devoid of any differing perspective, bland, dormant, done.

As for poor old Juanita and Bodi, I'd be curious to know if we can use difficulties in our private lives as a defense whenever we are found to be not toeing the line. A little too cranky with poor old Jeff or Nitro? Well, I've been under a lot of stress in my private life too. Aren't we all. Or maybe the difference is that those of us who have never been in the business could never understand, to reiterate a tired old refrain that never seems to die at OSW.

I've enjoyed my time at OSW for the most part but it is hardly an indispensable part of my life. Keep pissing people off, and you won't have a board left to moderate, and you can just stay there and masturbate with Nitro, Jeff, dusty and the ref.
Fact is that message board moderators are a whiney self absorbed lot.   Unless yer just getting jollies trolling Harry G, theres really no point to get miffed when he does his job.

Just because you post here now doesnt mean you have to NOT like OSW anymore.



____________________
http://www.wrestlingfanssuck.com

Sixk of Portalsman and he is a total fucking loser and mark for himself. A bore. Dude has never been laid in his life.

Total piece of garbage and a reason I have left wrestling forums. drdelaware
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 06:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
The Ultimate Sin
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 11167
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
May I post the obvious...

You posted this in the Members only section.  Harry can't even see it.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 06:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Heretic



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3875
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I didn't notice that this section was segregated out as Members Only. If someone could move it, that would be fine and dandy.



____________________
Nick Hoodwinkel Jerkwinkel
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 07:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Heretic



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3875
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Portalesman wrote:
Fact is that message board moderators are a whiney self absorbed lot.   Unless yer just getting jollies trolling Harry G, theres really no point to get miffed when he does his job.

Just because you post here now doesnt mean you have to NOT like OSW anymore.


I like both places. But I've been liking OSW a lot less than I used to. Mostly because all the interesting people are spending a lot less time there.



____________________
Nick Hoodwinkel Jerkwinkel
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 07:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
clawmaster
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: The Bowels Of East Central Illinois
Posts: 48214
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I moved it. Beej can move it back if he wants.



____________________
"We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
Our great computers
Fill the hollowed halls
We are the priests
Of the temples of syrinx
All the gifts of life
Are held within our walls" 2112 By Rush!!
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 08:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17802
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Harry is admitting that each dickhead (MB/Nitro) are one in the same and that's just indicative of how completely fucked up things are over there.  It went from being a WC exodus (to correctly credit WC, as Ports mentions:D) and had a whole lot of different people to a bunch of indy workers, fringe players, never-weres, and trolls.

Last edited on Sun Nov 25th, 2007 08:09 pm by HBF



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 09:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 52155
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
LOL ~ Harry DOES read this board.

This reminds me of Shane Douglas on ECW calling out Ric Flair every week ("Dick Flair") as they built to the big grudge matchup. That they couldn't deliver.

And yes you can post anywhere you want and like it and still post here. It's the internet. People will have differing tastes.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62618
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Based on my PM exchanges with him, Harry agrees with just about everything that we say over here.  When it comes to certain people he clearly doesn't have the power to do anything for obvious reasons.  As far as Harry's unwillingness to do anything about Nitro 24/7 goes, I don't understand that one.  But I understand he's in a tough position on a few of the other situations.  Calling out Harry is pretty pointless though because he's not the type to engage in flame wars that might entertain us and even if he were to come here he would give the types of matter-of-fact tow-the-line answers that we can all imagine (and that I've already received in PM).  And he's not coming here.  Give it 6 months or so for him to have the inevitable falling out with Juanita and then I'm sure he will make a decent addition to this board and will speak a little more freely, although I imagine he'll still be more tactful than most of us.  He's just not the type who's going to go off on anyone.

Last edited on Sun Nov 25th, 2007 09:34 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 09:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
srossi

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 62618
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It went from being a WC exodus (to correctly credit WC, as Ports mentions:D) and had a whole lot of different people to a bunch of indy workers, fringe players, never-weres, and trolls.

The funny thing is that they were all Dusty and James jock-sniffers, and now Dusty and James rarely post anymore and we're left with their fan club.  I have nothing against Dusty and James personally, I take what they say with a grain of salt but I can enjoy the stories, but I absolutely can't take all these fucking Texas indy guys kissing their ass when they're not even on the board to respond anymore!



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Nov 25th, 2007 11:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17802
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I am obviously in the internet rasslin minority (along with most of you guys here) but I don't hold wrestlers in high esteem.  Anybody with no health benefits, fraternity-minded ideology, low pay in most cases, excessive travel, a high propensity for an early demise, and the "opportunity" to be dropped on your head any given night and become a quadropalegic is not somebody I'm envious of.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Nov 26th, 2007 02:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Quattro

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4473
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: ...I imagine he'll still be more tactful than most of us.  He's just not the type who's going to go off on anyone.

Exactly.  Harry's a good guy.  Maybe takes interweb wrestling board posting a little too seriously, but he's alright in my book.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Nov 29th, 2007 06:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Heretic



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3875
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Harry, in light of your recent attempts to contact me, I thought I had been clear, but apparently I need to clarify.

I'm not interested in a dialogue with you. I will not be baited into an exchange through the auspices of OSW which will provide you with the rationale for, and satisfaction of, banning me.

I put a complaint into the complain box, and now you have the complaint. That is the model for this unidirectional item of communication.

Last edited on Thu Nov 29th, 2007 06:11 am by Heretic



____________________
Nick Hoodwinkel Jerkwinkel
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:30 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Hey, HarryG Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems