WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
YOUR OPINION: UFOS  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 12:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 46705
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
What are they?


Do they only show up only in 'redneck' towns and the only people that 'see them' are nuts?



Are they real and they see the Earth as a giant trailer park and move on kind of quickly?


Are we alone in the universe?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 01:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9086
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
beejmi wrote: What are they?


Do they only show up only in 'redneck' towns and the only people that 'see them' are nuts?



Are they real and they see the Earth as a giant trailer park and move on kind of quickly?


Are we alone in the universe?

Any unidentified flying object is a UFO. But I guess you are talking about UFOs which are assumed to be spaceships from other planets. Most of the people who see them aren't nuts, but they may well be dishonest or gullible. There's a very human condition of being unable or unwilling to say "I don't know" when confronted with a mystery. People have been seeing things in the sky forever. They used to think it was messages from the gods. For myself, I have seen footage of "UFOs", and there are some which don't seem to have any good explanation, but there is no evidence to make a leap to alien visitors.

Are we alone? Almost certainly not. The universe is unfathomably large, and it's almost inconceivable that our planet is the only one that has produced intelligent life. However, from everything we know about science today, the universe is just too big for interstellar travel to be possible.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 01:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56339
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Well we now have the military confirming UFO sightings, which doesn't mean aliens of course, it just means they don't know or don't want to tell us what was flying around. It's hard to believe any other nation has technology that we don't, or at least that we can't even understand. I think it's all ours, and maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

I think it's highly unlikely we're alone in the universe, but also highly unlikely that if someone else could get here that we wouldn't already know about it. We're likely the most advanced species in our solar system, scary as that thought is.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 01:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
The Ultimate Sin
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 10719
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I agree with the others. It's unlikely that in the vast universe we are alone, but I don't think we are visited.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 03:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2422
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Well we now have the military confirming UFO sightings, which doesn't mean aliens of course, it just means they don't know or don't want to tell us what was flying around. It's hard to believe any other nation has technology that we don't, or at least that we can't even understand. I think it's all ours, and maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

I think it's highly unlikely we're alone in the universe, but also highly unlikely that if someone else could get here that we wouldn't already know about it. We're likely the most advanced species in our solar system, scary as that thought is.


We're the only advanced species in our solar system.  



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 03:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56339
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
KGB wrote: srossi wrote: Well we now have the military confirming UFO sightings, which doesn't mean aliens of course, it just means they don't know or don't want to tell us what was flying around. It's hard to believe any other nation has technology that we don't, or at least that we can't even understand. I think it's all ours, and maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

I think it's highly unlikely we're alone in the universe, but also highly unlikely that if someone else could get here that we wouldn't already know about it. We're likely the most advanced species in our solar system, scary as that thought is.


We're the only advanced species in our solar system. 

OK.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2422
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: KGB wrote: srossi wrote: Well we now have the military confirming UFO sightings, which doesn't mean aliens of course, it just means they don't know or don't want to tell us what was flying around. It's hard to believe any other nation has technology that we don't, or at least that we can't even understand. I think it's all ours, and maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

I think it's highly unlikely we're alone in the universe, but also highly unlikely that if someone else could get here that we wouldn't already know about it. We're likely the most advanced species in our solar system, scary as that thought is.


We're the only advanced species in our solar system. 

OK.


You said "likely".  Are you open to the possibility of an unknown civilization on Mars or the moons of Jupiter?  



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 03:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56339
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
KGB wrote: srossi wrote: KGB wrote: srossi wrote: Well we now have the military confirming UFO sightings, which doesn't mean aliens of course, it just means they don't know or don't want to tell us what was flying around. It's hard to believe any other nation has technology that we don't, or at least that we can't even understand. I think it's all ours, and maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

I think it's highly unlikely we're alone in the universe, but also highly unlikely that if someone else could get here that we wouldn't already know about it. We're likely the most advanced species in our solar system, scary as that thought is.


We're the only advanced species in our solar system. 

OK.


You said "likely".  Are you open to the possibility of an unknown civilization on Mars or the moons of Jupiter? 

Not an advanced species.  Possibly "life", even if that is one-celled organisms.  In other solar systems, I'm much more open to it. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 04:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8138
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: beejmi wrote: What are they?


Do they only show up only in 'redneck' towns and the only people that 'see them' are nuts?



Are they real and they see the Earth as a giant trailer park and move on kind of quickly?


Are we alone in the universe?

Any unidentified flying object is a UFO. But I guess you are talking about UFOs which are assumed to be spaceships from other planets. Most of the people who see them aren't nuts, but they may well be dishonest or gullible. There's a very human condition of being unable or unwilling to say "I don't know" when confronted with a mystery. People have been seeing things in the sky forever. They used to think it was messages from the gods. For myself, I have seen footage of "UFOs", and there are some which don't seem to have any good explanation, but there is no evidence to make a leap to alien visitors.

Are we alone? Almost certainly not. The universe is unfathomably large, and it's almost inconceivable that our planet is the only one that has produced intelligent life. However, from everything we know about science today, the universe is just too big for interstellar travel to be possible.

I think it's called Fermi's Paradox that saw some light a few years ago.  Essentially what you said, there's a very good chance based on the vastness of the universe that there's  life out there.  Maybe lots of it.  However, the thought is that for any species to evolve and achieve enough intelligence and technology to escape their solar system and travel via light speed throughout the galaxy, chances are it would never come to fruition before some planet-ending disaster would occur before that (either an asteroid wiping them out, the sun going super-nova, the species killing itself through war, famine, disease, etc.).   




____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 04:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56339
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Blazer wrote: Kriss wrote: beejmi wrote: What are they?


Do they only show up only in 'redneck' towns and the only people that 'see them' are nuts?



Are they real and they see the Earth as a giant trailer park and move on kind of quickly?


Are we alone in the universe?

Any unidentified flying object is a UFO. But I guess you are talking about UFOs which are assumed to be spaceships from other planets. Most of the people who see them aren't nuts, but they may well be dishonest or gullible. There's a very human condition of being unable or unwilling to say "I don't know" when confronted with a mystery. People have been seeing things in the sky forever. They used to think it was messages from the gods. For myself, I have seen footage of "UFOs", and there are some which don't seem to have any good explanation, but there is no evidence to make a leap to alien visitors.

Are we alone? Almost certainly not. The universe is unfathomably large, and it's almost inconceivable that our planet is the only one that has produced intelligent life. However, from everything we know about science today, the universe is just too big for interstellar travel to be possible.

I think it's called Fermi's Paradox that saw some light a few years ago.  Essentially what you said, there's a very good chance based on the vastness of the universe that there's  life out there.  Maybe lots of it.  However, the thought is that for any species to evolve and achieve enough intelligence and technology to escape their solar system and travel via light speed throughout the galaxy, chances are it would never come to fruition before some planet-ending disaster would occur before that (either an asteroid wiping them out, the sun going super-nova, the species killing itself through war, famine, disease, etc.).   



This is probably true, although I wonder about different natural resources and different evolutionary processes in other solar systems making that type of travel more easily possible.  They might be able to develop some sort of super fuel, and have the physical capacity to survive it, that we can't.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 04:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 8011
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
UFO's are all Nazi spaceships flown out of secret bases in Antarctica. I'm only half kidding. There's some fascinating stuff out there about just this subject.



____________________
by the blood of jesus i rebuke you ,you foul mouth lying satan jesusjesus hallelujah,halleujah be gone you evil spirit

BJWINDHAM MULLIGAN
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9086
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Blazer wrote: Kriss wrote: beejmi wrote: What are they?


Do they only show up only in 'redneck' towns and the only people that 'see them' are nuts?



Are they real and they see the Earth as a giant trailer park and move on kind of quickly?


Are we alone in the universe?

Any unidentified flying object is a UFO. But I guess you are talking about UFOs which are assumed to be spaceships from other planets. Most of the people who see them aren't nuts, but they may well be dishonest or gullible. There's a very human condition of being unable or unwilling to say "I don't know" when confronted with a mystery. People have been seeing things in the sky forever. They used to think it was messages from the gods. For myself, I have seen footage of "UFOs", and there are some which don't seem to have any good explanation, but there is no evidence to make a leap to alien visitors.

Are we alone? Almost certainly not. The universe is unfathomably large, and it's almost inconceivable that our planet is the only one that has produced intelligent life. However, from everything we know about science today, the universe is just too big for interstellar travel to be possible.

I think it's called Fermi's Paradox that saw some light a few years ago.  Essentially what you said, there's a very good chance based on the vastness of the universe that there's  life out there.  Maybe lots of it.  However, the thought is that for any species to evolve and achieve enough intelligence and technology to escape their solar system and travel via light speed throughout the galaxy, chances are it would never come to fruition before some planet-ending disaster would occur before that (either an asteroid wiping them out, the sun going super-nova, the species killing itself through war, famine, disease, etc.).   



This is probably true, although I wonder about different natural resources and different evolutionary processes in other solar systems making that type of travel more easily possible.  They might be able to develop some sort of super fuel, and have the physical capacity to survive it, that we can't.

Light speed is the problem. Even if you could get close to light speed, it wouldn't be fast enough to go anywhere (and knowing where to go would another huge problem to solve), unless you are talking generational space ships, which is probably just pure science fiction. That's not even getting into the problems with radiation and relativity. We would receive messages traveling at light speed before we any visitors, and I think we'd know if SETI ever found anything.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 07:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
The Ultimate Sin
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 10719
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: Blazer wrote: Kriss wrote: beejmi wrote: What are they?


Do they only show up only in 'redneck' towns and the only people that 'see them' are nuts?



Are they real and they see the Earth as a giant trailer park and move on kind of quickly?


Are we alone in the universe?

Any unidentified flying object is a UFO. But I guess you are talking about UFOs which are assumed to be spaceships from other planets. Most of the people who see them aren't nuts, but they may well be dishonest or gullible. There's a very human condition of being unable or unwilling to say "I don't know" when confronted with a mystery. People have been seeing things in the sky forever. They used to think it was messages from the gods. For myself, I have seen footage of "UFOs", and there are some which don't seem to have any good explanation, but there is no evidence to make a leap to alien visitors.

Are we alone? Almost certainly not. The universe is unfathomably large, and it's almost inconceivable that our planet is the only one that has produced intelligent life. However, from everything we know about science today, the universe is just too big for interstellar travel to be possible.

I think it's called Fermi's Paradox that saw some light a few years ago.  Essentially what you said, there's a very good chance based on the vastness of the universe that there's  life out there.  Maybe lots of it.  However, the thought is that for any species to evolve and achieve enough intelligence and technology to escape their solar system and travel via light speed throughout the galaxy, chances are it would never come to fruition before some planet-ending disaster would occur before that (either an asteroid wiping them out, the sun going super-nova, the species killing itself through war, famine, disease, etc.).   



This is probably true, although I wonder about different natural resources and different evolutionary processes in other solar systems making that type of travel more easily possible.  They might be able to develop some sort of super fuel, and have the physical capacity to survive it, that we can't.

Light speed is the problem. Even if you could get close to light speed, it wouldn't be fast enough to go anywhere (and knowing where to go would another huge problem to solve), unless you are talking generational space ships, which is probably just pure science fiction. That's not even getting into the problems with radiation and relativity. We would receive messages traveling at light speed before we any visitors, and I think we'd know if SETI ever found anything.


The Jews have the technology, but they're keeping it a secret.  Those space lasers aren't just for starting wild fires.  They are to shoot down the UFOs that follow them back from... well, wherever they go.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 08:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Infamous
必 勝


Joined: Mon Oct 25th, 2010
Location: Slums Of Shaolin
Posts: 2640
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
There is bacterial life at edge of deep underwater volcano vents. Extreme conditions. When we discovered them we didn’t hang out there. Once discovered wtf are you going to do now ? Move on because you’re advanced life forms. If anything exists out there that can find us it more than likely already did & moved on. If anything has found us or can find us we’re nothing

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 27th, 2021 10:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3412
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jay is the talented one, IMHO.



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:13 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > YOUR OPINION: UFOS Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems