WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > GIMME YOUR 2024 REPUBLICAN NOMINEE

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
GIMME YOUR 2024 REPUBLICAN NOMINEE  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jun 15th, 2022 07:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10792
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Blazer wrote: Put me in the category of never hearing about the “white man’s overbite”.

I don’t have time to dance though. Too busy banging sexy black Instagram models.


I've seen that film a load of times. It's great. The best film that Woody Allen never made. I didn't recognise that line at all, and I don't think it ever got close to entering the vernacular.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jun 15th, 2022 07:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4327
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Blazer wrote: Put me in the category of never hearing about the “white man’s overbite”.

I don’t have time to dance though. Too busy banging sexy black Instagram models.


I've seen that film a load of times. It's great. The best film that Woody Allen never made. I didn't recognise that line at all, and I don't think it ever got close to entering the vernacular.

Billy Crystal says it to Meg Ryan on the airplane. If one types it In on youtube the scene from the movie comes up. :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jun 15th, 2022 07:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10792
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Spatulapup wrote: Kriss wrote: Blazer wrote: Put me in the category of never hearing about the “white man’s overbite”.

I don’t have time to dance though. Too busy banging sexy black Instagram models.


I've seen that film a load of times. It's great. The best film that Woody Allen never made. I didn't recognise that line at all, and I don't think it ever got close to entering the vernacular.

Billy Crystal says it to Meg Ryan on the airplane. If one types it In on youtube the scene from the movie comes up. :)

I know that. I'm saying that the line wasn't one that I remember from a film I've seen many times, and I'm pretty sure this is the first time I have ever heard anyone repeat the line. Seems like a Billy Crystal one-liner that wasn't funny and never caught on. If it was funny, he wouldn't have had to explain the joke. Are you sure it's not a deleted scene or outale or from some obscure edit of the movie?

Last edited on Wed Jun 15th, 2022 07:47 pm by Kriss



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jun 15th, 2022 08:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4327
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
No I have seen the movie 10  times. It must have been something observed back in the 80's or it would not have been in the movie. There are people doing it on youtube. Lol I think the most famous is in the video of Trump doing it with his buddy Jeffrey Epstein.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Jun 15th, 2022 08:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10792
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Spatulapup wrote: No I have seen the movie 10  times. It must have been something observed back in the 80's or it would not have been in the movie. There are people doing it on youtube. Lol I think the most famous is in the video of Trump doing it with his buddy Jeffrey Epstein.
I'm aware of the phenomenon, I think everyone is, but I don't think anyone apart from you and Billy Crystal uses that term.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Jun 15th, 2022 08:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4327
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Spatulapup wrote: No I have seen the movie 10  times. It must have been something observed back in the 80's or it would not have been in the movie. There are people doing it on youtube. Lol I think the most famous is in the video of Trump doing it with his buddy Jeffrey Epstein.
I'm aware of the phenomenon, I think everyone is, but I don't think anyone apart from you and Billy Crystal uses that term.

People on youtube do.

Last edited on Wed Jun 15th, 2022 08:21 pm by Spatulapup

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jun 16th, 2022 03:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 19276
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Spatulapup wrote: Kriss wrote: Spatulapup wrote: No I have seen the movie 10  times. It must have been something observed back in the 80's or it would not have been in the movie. There are people doing it on youtube. Lol I think the most famous is in the video of Trump doing it with his buddy Jeffrey Epstein.
I'm aware of the phenomenon, I think everyone is, but I don't think anyone apart from you and Billy Crystal uses that term.

People on youtube do.Always a quality bar.

Facebook uses it too, I would guess?



____________________
"It never hurts to use plain language when people are fucking stupid."--gwlee

"wrestling fans need to start taking showers it makes no sense to smell the way they smell"--kk18

"Lard is a food group in Arkansas."-Raditch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jun 16th, 2022 04:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4327
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
There is actually footage of Tom Brokaw imitating Mitt Romney doing the white's man's overbite. Wtf? Lol it's definitely a old white guy thing. You can find pretty much anything on youtube. People learn to fix things. There are a lot of positives to it.

Last edited on Thu Jun 16th, 2022 05:05 am by Spatulapup

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jun 16th, 2022 06:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10792
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Here's a challenge. Find me one example of the term "white man's overbite" used in professional media where the reader/viewer/listener is expected to understand the phrase. So far the count is at zero, since Billy Crystal had to explain the term in the movie. Consider this thread officially hijacked.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jun 16th, 2022 11:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 19276
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Here's a challenge. Find me one example of the term "white man's overbite" used in professional media where the reader/viewer/listener is expected to understand the phrase. So far the count is at zero, since Billy Crystal had to explain the term in the movie. Consider this thread officially hijacked.Nah, spatchcock will ignore you and move on to what trump et al ate for breakfast. Or he won’t understand the question and you’ll get an example that doesn’t make sense.
(Spatchcock was an auto correct for some reason. )



____________________
"It never hurts to use plain language when people are fucking stupid."--gwlee

"wrestling fans need to start taking showers it makes no sense to smell the way they smell"--kk18

"Lard is a food group in Arkansas."-Raditch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jun 16th, 2022 11:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 3499
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Do we have another "Nibblie McBumblaster" situation on our hands?  



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jun 16th, 2022 02:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 19276
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
KGB wrote: Do we have another "Nibblie McBumblaster" situation on our hands?  Lol 
“Wets McFagget” indeed:



____________________
"It never hurts to use plain language when people are fucking stupid."--gwlee

"wrestling fans need to start taking showers it makes no sense to smell the way they smell"--kk18

"Lard is a food group in Arkansas."-Raditch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jun 16th, 2022 04:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4327
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Here's a challenge. Find me one example of the term "white man's overbite" used in professional media where the reader/viewer/listener is expected to understand the phrase. So far the count is at zero, since Billy Crystal had to explain the term in the movie. Consider this thread officially hijacked.
I gave you a example of Tom Brokaw . Stop bringing it back up then. I mentioned it once earlier and it was revived by others.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:32 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > GIMME YOUR 2024 REPUBLICAN NOMINEE Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems