WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Was January 6, 2021 a bad thing?

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Was January 6, 2021 a bad thing?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2022 08:44 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 10728
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
We all have seen and heard the news, the footage, etc. about January 6, 2021.  

In your opinion, was this actually a coup attempt by Trump and his minions? 

Was this a peaceful protest that was compromised by agitators to make the Trumpsters look bad?  

Why were the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers there?  Do you think they were actually told to show up by Trump and/or his team?  Did they show up there on their own just to show allegiance to Trump?  

Do you think there should be punishment administered to the rioters?  Was this an action against the United States government or more of a display of support for Donald Trump?  

Do you think Donald Trump should be held responsible for anything that occurred that day? 


Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2022 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8612
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It was never meant to be peaceful. Virtually everybody that went to it was wound up by Trump for weeks. I think Trump should bear a brunt of the responsibility for it also. And no, I don't think it was a mass hysteria meant to overthrow the US Gov't, it was meant to keep Trump in control of it. The only agitators were the Trump supporters...I don't believe there were any plants in the crowd to fuck with them.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jun 10th, 2022 09:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61581
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: It was never meant to be peaceful. Virtually everybody that went to it was wound up by Trump for weeks. I think Trump should bear a brunt of the responsibility for it also. And no, I don't think it was a mass hysteria meant to overthrow the US Gov't, it was meant to keep Trump in control of it. The only agitators were the Trump supporters...I don't believe there were any plants in the crowd to fuck with them.
I agree but I think most there got in over their heads.  They expected the typical prancing and preening and weren't expecting an actual storming of the Capitol.  When that started, most came to their senses and got the fuck out of there or held way back, and you can see that in the videos.  Some got caught up in the moment because they're not very bright people in the first place and didn't comprehend the seriousness of being anywhere near the front lines of a coup.  Years of too much shit-posting online desensitized them to the consequences of that action.  But there were a couple hundred people there minimum who planned violence and saw this as the moment they had been preparing for online for year, the same way as some mass shooters. 

We live in a society where words rarely have legal consequences anymore, which is a good thing.  You can be "canceled", but that only works if you have something to lose.  Most of these people don't, so it comes down to "Can I be arrested or killed or not for doing something."  And the answer is almost always no.  People understood in the 1700s and 1800s that if you did even minor things like distribute anti-government pamphlets, you absolutely might be hung for it, even if technically it might be legal.  You had to really be a bad-ass who believed to spread political propaganda.  That's gone now and it became a game to these people through way too much social media, even when their words crossed into actions and they were live-streaming themselves crawling through broken windows in the Capitol itself.  There's almost literally no other point in history and no other country in the world where all of those people wouldn't have been brutally murdered on the spot.  And of course there's no other people in history who would do such a thing and not fully expect to die for it, and be OK with that because they believe.  But these cosplayers are surprised and whining that they might get 2 years in jail.  

As for Trump, he's such an egomaniac I think he was beyond flattered that he could get his minions to do that for him, and didn't want to stop them.  There's no doubt he riled them up and wanted that to happen, his words that morning can't be taken any other way.  He probably just didn't expect them to actually do it because everyone is always a keyboard warrior but don't like to get their hands dirty.  



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2022 01:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 3517
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: It was never meant to be peaceful. Virtually everybody that went to it was wound up by Trump for weeks. I think Trump should bear a brunt of the responsibility for it also. And no, I don't think it was a mass hysteria meant to overthrow the US Gov't, it was meant to keep Trump in control of it. The only agitators were the Trump supporters...I don't believe there were any plants in the crowd to fuck with them.

Ray Epps.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2022 01:19 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 10728
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
KGB wrote: Superstar wrote: It was never meant to be peaceful. Virtually everybody that went to it was wound up by Trump for weeks. I think Trump should bear a brunt of the responsibility for it also. And no, I don't think it was a mass hysteria meant to overthrow the US Gov't, it was meant to keep Trump in control of it. The only agitators were the Trump supporters...I don't believe there were any plants in the crowd to fuck with them.

Ray Epps.


I never heard of him, but here is a news story on him. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/us/jan-6-ray-epps-evidence.html

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2022 01:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61581
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Papa Voo wrote: KGB wrote: Superstar wrote: It was never meant to be peaceful. Virtually everybody that went to it was wound up by Trump for weeks. I think Trump should bear a brunt of the responsibility for it also. And no, I don't think it was a mass hysteria meant to overthrow the US Gov't, it was meant to keep Trump in control of it. The only agitators were the Trump supporters...I don't believe there were any plants in the crowd to fuck with them.

Ray Epps.


I never heard of him, but here is a news story on him. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/us/jan-6-ray-epps-evidence.html


You never heard of him because there’s nothing to hear. It’s conspiracy theory nonsense that’s been disproven. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2022 02:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4331
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Trump revved up his supporters that also include The Proud Boys over and over saying the election was rigged and it was stolen from them. He only cared about himself though. He encouraged everyone to go there. He enjoyed it while it was happening even when they wanted to hang Pence. His own people told him to go on TV to cool things down because they would listen to him and he wouldn't do it because in his eyes they were doing it for him. And when he eventually released a video saying they should leave he told them he loved them. :cool:

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2022 02:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
nyhack56

 

Joined: Wed May 15th, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 257
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: It was never meant to be peaceful. Virtually everybody that went to it was wound up by Trump for weeks. I think Trump should bear a brunt of the responsibility for it also. And no, I don't think it was a mass hysteria meant to overthrow the US Gov't, it was meant to keep Trump in control of it. The only agitators were the Trump supporters...I don't believe there were any plants in the crowd to fuck with them.
I agree but I think most there got in over their heads.  They expected the typical prancing and preening and weren't expecting an actual storming of the Capitol.  When that started, most came to their senses and got the fuck out of there or held way back, and you can see that in the videos.  Some got caught up in the moment because they're not very bright people in the first place and didn't comprehend the seriousness of being anywhere near the front lines of a coup.  Years of too much shit-posting online desensitized them to the consequences of that action.  But there were a couple hundred people there minimum who planned violence and saw this as the moment they had been preparing for online for year, the same way as some mass shooters. 

We live in a society where words rarely have legal consequences anymore, which is a good thing.  You can be "canceled", but that only works if you have something to lose.  Most of these people don't, so it comes down to "Can I be arrested or killed or not for doing something."  And the answer is almost always no.  People understood in the 1700s and 1800s that if you did even minor things like distribute anti-government pamphlets, you absolutely might be hung for it, even if technically it might be legal.  You had to really be a bad-ass who believed to spread political propaganda.  That's gone now and it became a game to these people through way too much social media, even when their words crossed into actions and they were live-streaming themselves crawling through broken windows in the Capitol itself.  There's almost literally no other point in history and no other country in the world where all of those people wouldn't have been brutally murdered on the spot.  And of course there's no other people in history who would do such a thing and not fully expect to die for it, and be OK with that because they believe.  But these cosplayers are surprised and whining that they might get 2 years in jail.  

As for Trump, he's such an egomaniac I think he was beyond flattered that he could get his minions to do that for him, and didn't want to stop them.  There's no doubt he riled them up and wanted that to happen, his words that morning can't be taken any other way.  He probably just didn't expect them to actually do it because everyone is always a keyboard warrior but don't like to get their hands dirty.  

I really think part of what you say is also because people treat political parties like they're fucking sports teams.  It has always been that way, but exacerbated in the last 10-15 years.  Root for the cloth no matter what's being said.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Jun 11th, 2022 03:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 3517
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: KGB wrote: Superstar wrote: It was never meant to be peaceful. Virtually everybody that went to it was wound up by Trump for weeks. I think Trump should bear a brunt of the responsibility for it also. And no, I don't think it was a mass hysteria meant to overthrow the US Gov't, it was meant to keep Trump in control of it. The only agitators were the Trump supporters...I don't believe there were any plants in the crowd to fuck with them.

Ray Epps.


I never heard of him, but here is a news story on him. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/us/jan-6-ray-epps-evidence.html


You never heard of him because there’s nothing to hear. It’s conspiracy theory nonsense that’s been disproven. 


Sure.  The NYT and Politifact said so and their word is gospel.  They never serve as court stenographers for their very good friends in government. 

  And we all know the FBI doesn't insert itself into politically volatile situations in order to entrap people.  Why, I can't think of a single case in recent times in which they've done that, especially not in Michigan.  It's funny, it's almost as if your often violent dislike and distrust of law enforcement is quite selective upon further examination.  Were there enough people in DC to "parade" through the Capitol without undercover provocation?  Surely.  But that doesn't mean there weren't Cloud People instigators helping matters along.  

Were the events of that day a good thing?  Absolutely.  If for no other reason that it laid bare how craven and useless our rulers are.  The fact that they cowered under desks, invented stories of narrow escapes, and held post-event confabs where they could all cry on each others' shoulders, are good things.  Jefferson wrote about this over two centuries ago, that tyrants need to taste fear in order to keep them in line.

The fact that we're now being spoon fed a Soviet style kangaroo court is good news too.  They're being open about their insatiable need to lie and persecute and despise.  That will open a few more sets of eyeballs.  Every little bit helps.  One person was killed on 1/6, and that was Ashli Babbitt, murdered at point blank range by the kind of cop that srossi does like.  Honest people know that and will recognize the truly despicable nature of the people running and broadcasting this bit of political theater.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jun 12th, 2022 02:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 5881
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I think every demonstration from DisruptJ20 to Jan 6 that resulted in property damage, injury and or loss of life was wrong.



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jun 13th, 2022 03:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4331
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
KGB wrote: srossi wrote: Papa Voo wrote: KGB wrote: Superstar wrote: It was never meant to be peaceful. Virtually everybody that went to it was wound up by Trump for weeks. I think Trump should bear a brunt of the responsibility for it also. And no, I don't think it was a mass hysteria meant to overthrow the US Gov't, it was meant to keep Trump in control of it. The only agitators were the Trump supporters...I don't believe there were any plants in the crowd to fuck with them.

Ray Epps.


I never heard of him, but here is a news story on him. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/05/us/jan-6-ray-epps-evidence.html


You never heard of him because there’s nothing to hear. It’s conspiracy theory nonsense that’s been disproven. 


Sure.  The NYT and Politifact said so and their word is gospel.  They never serve as court stenographers for their very good friends in government. 

  And we all know the FBI doesn't insert itself into politically volatile situations in order to entrap people.  Why, I can't think of a single case in recent times in which they've done that, especially not in Michigan.  It's funny, it's almost as if your often violent dislike and distrust of law enforcement is quite selective upon further examination.  Were there enough people in DC to "parade" through the Capitol without undercover provocation?  Surely.  But that doesn't mean there weren't Cloud People instigators helping matters along.  

Were the events of that day a good thing?  Absolutely.  If for no other reason that it laid bare how craven and useless our rulers are.  The fact that they cowered under desks, invented stories of narrow escapes, and held post-event confabs where they could all cry on each others' shoulders, are good things.  Jefferson wrote about this over two centuries ago, that tyrants need to taste fear in order to keep them in line.

The fact that we're now being spoon fed a Soviet style kangaroo court is good news too.  They're being open about their insatiable need to lie and persecute and despise.  That will open a few more sets of eyeballs.  Every little bit helps.  One person was killed on 1/6, and that was Ashli Babbitt, murdered at point blank range by the kind of cop that srossi does like.  Honest people know that and will recognize the truly despicable nature of the people running and broadcasting this bit of political theater.


Thanks Tucker.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Jun 13th, 2022 03:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4331
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Another great thing about the hearings it reminds you of the lies told that you may have forgotten. Lol they have all of it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 01:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4331
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Trump made 250 million from a "Election Defence Fund" that did not exist. Lot's of interesting things revealed yesterday. Lol

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 01:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 3517
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Rachel Maddow posited last night that Trump deliberately tanked the election so that he could then pitch a fit over losing the election.  You're in good company, Spatch.  



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Jun 14th, 2022 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
gwlee7
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Lewisville, Texas USA
Posts: 5798
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Rachel Maddow being an idiot and Trump being a power and attention hungry carny aren’t mutually exclusive.

Maddow is pretty much Tucker Carlson but she’s run her car off into the left ditch instead of the right ditch.



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:01 pm Page:    1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Was January 6, 2021 a bad thing? Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems