|View single post by srossi|
|Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2007 02:24 am||
|As chosen by the Yale Book of Quotations.
10. "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history." -- Jimmy Carter in an interview in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper.
9. "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." -- Sen. Joseph Biden describing Barack Obama.
8. "(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom." -- Sen. Larry Craig's explanation of why his foot touched that of an undercover policeman in a men's room.
7. "I'm not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody (Dick Cheney) who has a 9 percent approval rating." -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid
6. "There's only three things he (Rudy Giuliani) mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11." -- Sen. Joseph Biden, speaking at a Democratic presidential debate.
5. "I don't recall." -- Former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' repeated response to questioning at a congressional hearing about the firing of U.S. attorneys.
4. "That's some nappy-headed hos there." -- Shock jock Don Imus about the Rutgers University Women's Basketball team
3. "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country." -- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's October comment at Columbia University
2. "I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us." -- Lauren Upton, the South Carolina contestant in the Miss Teen America contest after being asked why one-fifth of Americans are unable to locate the United States on a map
1. "Don't tase me bro!" -- University of Florida student Andrew Meyer as he was being thrown out of a John Kerry speech by campus police
Last edited on Thu Dec 20th, 2007 02:26 am by srossi
This thread was great before AA ruined it.