WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Holyfield vs Botha $69.95 Pay Per View

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Holyfield vs Botha $69.95 Pay Per View  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 03:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 47185
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
January 16th in South Africa. They are thinking a million PPV buys. I am thinking nobody cares about either guy anymore.

 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 04:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56732
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
This is almost as sad as Hogan vs. Flair in Australia.  Almost.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 10:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
HBF



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 17806
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote:
This is almost as sad as Hogan vs. Flair in Australia.  Almost.


I'm surprised they haven't coerced Riddick Bowe out of retirement for yet another Holyfield bout.



____________________
"That's what a pre-med degree will get you kids, nearly correct spelling and pissing in a bowl on Skype"-SRossi on Sunny
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 02:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2254
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: This is almost as sad as Hogan vs. Flair in Australia.  Almost.


Boxing is killing UFC right now, for their Super Six tourney, to David Haye winning to two of the biggest fight this yr being from boxing this yr, and next yr with Mayweather vs. Manny probably the biggest fight in history of boxing, Boxing is looking good again.

 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 02:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56732
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
krazykid18 wrote: srossi wrote: This is almost as sad as Hogan vs. Flair in Australia.  Almost.


Boxing is killing UFC right now

Um, yeah.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 04:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2254
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: krazykid18 wrote: srossi wrote: This is almost as sad as Hogan vs. Flair in Australia.  Almost.


Boxing is killing UFC right now

Um, yeah.


Didn't Mayweather crush UFC to the point, UFC didn't even want to put out the numbers to that fight, after all the talking that the conehead president of UFC does talking, he hasn't spoken on boxing since a mayweather tune up fight crushed his fight.

Pac vs. Cotto is the biggest fight this yr, and Mayweather vs Pac is going to break all PPV records next yr. 

UFC won't compete til Dana White realizes that the Vince McMahon approach to business(NOBODY CAN BE BIGGER THAN THE BRAND) won't work.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 05:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
thunderbolt
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California USA
Posts: 6182
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
If you are comparing individual events to individual events, then I suspect it is true that the biggest boxing events generate more buys than any given MMA event.  But there are maybe, and that's a big maybe, three somewhat compelling boxing events in any given calendar year and UFC us running what, PPVs twice a month now?

I suspect you add up gross sales of on a sport v. sport basis over a calendar year and you'll find MMA is exponentially more successful than boxing.

Myself, I am not sure I'd stay home in a Saturday night to watch Holyfield v. Botha if it were free.



____________________
The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic. ~ HL Mencken
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
The Hammer



Joined: Sat Nov 17th, 2007
Location: Coronaville, Tennessee USA
Posts: 4533
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Mayweather vs Pac is going to do record business. I don't really follow boxing much and I am probably gonna get this one.



____________________
"God bless Little Jimmy, and God bless the United States of America" R-Truth

"Do I want an Ice Cream Bar with my name on it? Your Damn Right!!" CM Punk



Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 06:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
thunderbolt
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Manhattan Beach, California USA
Posts: 6182
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The Hammer wrote: Mayweather vs Pac is going to do record business. I don't really follow boxing much and I am probably gonna get this one.
I agree with this.  Might be the biggest fight of all time in terms of PPV revenue. But can anyone name one other boxing match projected for 2010 they are looking forward to?



____________________
The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic. ~ HL Mencken
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Nov 24th, 2009 06:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2254
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
thunderbolt wrote: The Hammer wrote: Mayweather vs Pac is going to do record business. I don't really follow boxing much and I am probably gonna get this one.
I agree with this.  Might be the biggest fight of all time in terms of PPV revenue. But can anyone name one other boxing match projected for 2010 they are looking forward to?


Are you a boxing fan because even Roy Jones vs. Hopkins is going to do over a million buys, and that is hogan vs. flair neighborhood in terms of too late, and it will do numbers.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2009 01:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 17826
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
HBF wrote: srossi wrote:
This is almost as sad as Hogan vs. Flair in Australia.  Almost.


I'm surprised they haven't coerced Riddick Bowe out of retirement for yet another Holyfield bout.


Bowe would take it...read a really sad article about him selloing his stuff at flea markets every week (along with pro-wres style-priced gimmicks like $10 autos and pics and the like).

He fought a few months back somewhere, too.

I'd like to feel more sorry for him but he and Rock Newman were such assholes while he was champ...it wsa enough for you to root for ANdrew Golota's crotch punches not to be penalized.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2009 01:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
LAF



Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 4595
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
As long as it's not yet another replay of the overrated, overhyped John Duddy fighting a guy on MSG, I'm okay with it.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2009 01:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
CanadianHorseman



Joined: Fri Nov 2nd, 2007
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
Posts: 14018
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
By the time Monday rolls around you will be able to buy a 1 or 2 disc version of this PPV, with or without custom menus and with or without the Countdown show for less than 4 bucks over at Crazy Max.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2009 04:45 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 17826
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Tape delay is nice, but some fights are worth the price to see live. "Big Fight Buzz" still exists, it's just rare now.

 

Pac-Floyd will be one of those fights. Pac-Cotto was one of those fights. Botha-Holyfield is not, even at 6.95

 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Nov 25th, 2009 05:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
alpha65



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 111
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
khawk wrote: HBF wrote: srossi wrote:
This is almost as sad as Hogan vs. Flair in Australia.  Almost.


I'm surprised they haven't coerced Riddick Bowe out of retirement for yet another Holyfield bout.


Bowe would take it...read a really sad article about him selloing his stuff at flea markets every week (along with pro-wres style-priced gimmicks like $10 autos and pics and the like).

He fought a few months back somewhere, too.

I'd like to feel more sorry for him but he and Rock Newman were such assholes while he was champ...it wsa enough for you to root for ANdrew Golota's crotch punches not to be penalized.

I watched that Bowe fight last year when I was in Saudi Arabia (which would have made it some time in December). He was in Germany fighting some nobody on the undercard of one of the Klitschko fights.

I dont watch boxing normally but he was a pretty sad sight to see, even the commentators where commenting on the depressing nature of it all.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:33 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > Holyfield vs Botha $69.95 Pay Per View Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems