WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Worst wrestling characters

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Worst wrestling characters  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Aug 10th, 2010 11:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5485
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Brad Armstrong as Arachniman, the Candy Man, Buzzkill, and Fantasia (masked 6 man partner for the Hayes/Gordy Freebirds).



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 10th, 2010 11:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10487
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
sek69 wrote:
Brad Armstrong as Arachniman, the Candy Man, Buzzkill, and Fantasia (masked 6 man partner for the Hayes/Gordy Freebirds).


He was renamed as Badstreet and wrestled in the Light Heavyweight Title tournament. Was he ever unasked or acknowledged as Armstrong?

Add also B.A. - Armstrong as the only white guy in Master P's No Limit Soldiers.

Last edited on Tue Aug 10th, 2010 11:59 pm by Kriss



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
BottomlessJack2



Joined: Sat Aug 2nd, 2008
Location: The Isle Of, Tonga
Posts: 1878
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 


This beats all...

The Spirit of America!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojdllB492h8


Tried embedding it, but it wouldn't work for some reason...

Last edited on Wed Aug 11th, 2010 01:15 am by BottomlessJack2



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 01:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
amerorig



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Fresno, California USA
Posts: 2995
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BottomlessJack2 wrote:


This beats all...

The Spirit of America!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojdllB492h8


Tried embedding it, but it wouldn't work for some reason...


Jesus. That was punch a baby bad.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 01:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6678
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Heretic wrote:
There were a bunch of awful ones during the Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz, Thurmon "Sparky" Plugg, Duke "The Dumpster" Drose, T. L. Hopper, Isaac Yankem era.

Who's in the two-or-more really awful gimmicks club?

-Ed Leslie (the patron saint of the category)
-Hector Guerrero
-John Tenta
-Mike Shaw
-Charles Wright

Anyone else?


Glen Jacobs as The Christmas Creature, Isaac Yankem and the fake Diesel

Balls Mahoney was Xanta Klaus and Boo Bradley before the Balls gimmick.

Last edited on Wed Aug 11th, 2010 01:31 am by tofu_chipmunk

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 01:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7903
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
It seems that Memphis is the champion of producing brutal gimmicks annually.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 02:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10487
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Principal_Raditch wrote: It seems that Memphis is the champion of producing brutal gimmicks annually.

USWA in 1991 thought that, with the popularity of The Undertaker in WWF, the good folks of Memphis would want their very own Gravedigger.





You like The Ultimate Warrior? You'll love The Warrior.





Gotta give props to timmy8271b on youtube who's posted hundreds of USWA clips.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 02:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7903
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
I'm pretty sure The Gravedigger was that Luke Graham Jr guy who posts over at WC.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 12:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
Super Snott



Joined: Wed Jan 7th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3329
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
At SuperBrawl '91, at the begining of The Freebirds v. Southern Boys/Young Pistols match, Brad Armstrong comes-out to help them then leaves ( he's wearing pants with white wrestling boots underneath ) and later helps The Freebirds win as Fantasia ( which was actually not bad of a character at the time since he was out-working Hayes and Garvin in the the ring ).

 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 01:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 60527
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Super Snott wrote: At SuperBrawl '91, at the begining of The Freebirds v. Southern Boys/Young Pistols match, Brad Armstrong comes-out to help them then leaves ( he's wearing pants with white wrestling boots underneath ) and later helps The Freebirds win as Fantasia ( which was actually not bad of a character at the time since he was out-working Hayes and Garvin in the the ring ). 

I thought his name was Badstreet, although Fantasia rings a bell too.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 02:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6678
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Super Snott wrote: At SuperBrawl '91, at the begining of The Freebirds v. Southern Boys/Young Pistols match, Brad Armstrong comes-out to help them then leaves ( he's wearing pants with white wrestling boots underneath ) and later helps The Freebirds win as Fantasia ( which was actually not bad of a character at the time since he was out-working Hayes and Garvin in the the ring ). 

I thought his name was Badstreet, although Fantasia rings a bell too.


The masked Freebird was originally called Fantastia, but that transitioned very quickly to him being called Badstreet.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 02:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
Super Snott



Joined: Wed Jan 7th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3329
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I think they were worried Disney would sue them

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 04:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6849
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Speaking of the Black Scorpion angle and the clues that pointed to the Ultimate Warrior, it is interesting that "the Warrior" in USWA debuted against a familiar looking (the outfit if not the physique) "Scorpion".

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 10:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3447
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
I was thinking one of Bruiser Costa's guys, but when I see old reports of Siamese Twins turning on eachother on his shows I can't in good conscious say anything bad about the man or his wrestlers.



____________________
Comic Saaaaaannnsss
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Aug 12th, 2010 12:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
BottomlessJack2



Joined: Sat Aug 2nd, 2008
Location: The Isle Of, Tonga
Posts: 1878
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BayouBoogie wrote: Speaking of the Black Scorpion angle and the clues that pointed to the Ultimate Warrior, it is interesting that "the Warrior" in USWA debuted against a familiar looking (the outfit if not the physique) "Scorpion".

I always enjoyed Jim Cornette's dig on WCW by having the "Black Scorpion" job on the first episode of SMW...



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:20 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Worst wrestling characters Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems