WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE To Unify The Titles

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE To Unify The Titles  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Aug 31st, 2010 09:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 48838
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Creative plans as of Monday night was for WWE to unify all of its championships within the next year. There would be one World Championship, one Tag Team Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, and one Women's title. It is said that a WWE/World Title Unification Match will take place at next year's WrestleMania.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 31st, 2010 09:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
freebirdsforever2001

 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
They need to do that to quite a few Titles.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 31st, 2010 09:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 58840
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
beejmi wrote: Creative plans as of Monday night was for WWE to unify all of its championships within the next year. There would be one World Championship, one Tag Team Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, and one Women's title. It is said that a WWE/World Title Unification Match will take place at next year's WrestleMania.
Well they've already done it with the Tag titles and the Women's title unification match was announced for the next PPV, so I could see that this is where they were heading.  I hope this is a precursor to finally dropping the brand extension, but I doubt it.  I guess the champs will just be expected to pull double duty until they OD and die.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 31st, 2010 10:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19360
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
beejmi wrote: Creative plans as of Monday night was for WWE to unify all of its championships within the next year. There would be one World Championship, one Tag Team Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, and one Women's title. It is said that a WWE/World Title Unification Match will take place at next year's WrestleMania.
So I am thinking either Cena vs HHH or Cena vs taker at mania.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016 REBORN 2021
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 31st, 2010 10:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3394
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
So with them dropping half of the current titles, does this mean they will actually book rivalries to fill out PPV's instead of nearly every match being a title match?  (I'm going with no but it sounds good in theory)



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 31st, 2010 11:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5485
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
So I guess the US title in 2010 for WWE is going to end up what the US tag team titles were for WCW in 1992.


Still, going back to having one main title, one tag, title, one secondary title, and one women's title should go a long way to help re-establish them as meaningful again. It will make champions seem more special when half the roster isn't holding a belt of some sort.



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Aug 31st, 2010 11:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Flairfan216



Joined: Tue May 27th, 2008
Location: Ohio USA
Posts: 673
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Well they've already done it with the Tag titles and the Women's title unification match was announced for the next PPV, so I could see that this is where they were heading.
cookie32723 wrote: So with them dropping half of the current titles, does this mean they will actually book rivalries to fill out PPV's instead of nearly every match being a title match?  (I'm going with no but it sounds good in theory)
sek69 wrote: Still, going back to having one main title, one tag, title, one secondary title, and one women's title should go a long way to help re-establish them as meaningful again. It will make champions seem more special when half the roster isn't holding a belt of some sort.
Those



____________________


Gulas sent Tommy Rich to do a tv job for Abby and when Jim Barnett saw him, he nixed it and said, I could do something with him.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Aug 31st, 2010 11:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ChrisOTL

 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1304
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: I guess the champs will just be expected to pull double duty until they OD and die.I'd start watching again.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 1st, 2010 03:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9428
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
beejmi wrote: Creative plans as of Monday night was for WWE to unify all of its championships within the next year. There would be one World Championship, one Tag Team Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, and one Women's title. It is said that a WWE/World Title Unification Match will take place at next year's WrestleMania.
Again?



____________________
"I went to the #6th ranked liberal Arts College in California, I'm smarter than anyone else"(Also found out to be a formerly racist institution-Jeff Forsyth)




Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 1st, 2010 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Super Snott



Joined: Wed Jan 7th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3329
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Keep the main three titles, a women's title, and maybe create a NXT title for the rookies. Heck, bring back the King of The Ring too...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Sep 1st, 2010 10:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Sad_Astronaut



Joined: Wed Jan 13th, 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 800
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I think this is good.

I know they'd never do it because of revenue, but cutting back to 6 PPVs would certainly make revalries and feuds more entertaining as well.



____________________
Everything was better yesterday.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Sep 1st, 2010 11:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6892
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Super Snott wrote: Keep the main three titles, a women's title, and maybe create a NXT title for the rookies. Heck, bring back the King of The Ring too...
Bring back the North American title.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Sep 6th, 2010 09:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
sek69



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posts: 5485
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Anyone catch the mention in one of the WONs that came out last week that the new tag belts were actually made years ago but never used because they were considered too ugly?



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Sep 6th, 2010 05:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Heretic



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 3875
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Ultimark wrote: Super Snott wrote: Keep the main three titles, a women's title, and maybe create a NXT title for the rookies. Heck, bring back the King of The Ring too...
Bring back the North American title.

And Ted DiBiase as the still-reigning title holder.



____________________
Nick Hoodwinkel Jerkwinkel
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Sep 6th, 2010 09:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
amerorig



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Fresno, California USA
Posts: 2995
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Heretic wrote:
Ultimark wrote: Super Snott wrote: Keep the main three titles, a women's title, and maybe create a NXT title for the rookies. Heck, bring back the King of The Ring too...
Bring back the North American title.

And Ted DiBiase as the still-reigning title holder.


Pat Patterson was the last one.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 08:46 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE To Unify The Titles Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems