WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Man Faces Charges After Cooking Own Meal At Denny's

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
TXM



Joined: Fri Jul 29th, 2011
Location: Dubuque, Iowa USA
Posts: 929
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Man Faces Charges After Cooking Own Meal At Denny's



A man claiming to have been sent by the Denny's corporate offices faces charges after cooking his own cheeseburger and fries at the northeast Madison restaurant Tuesday afternoon, according to the Madison Police Department.

Police said the man, identified as James B. Summers, 52, of Madison, came into the restaurant at about 4:30 p.m. carrying a briefcase and wearing a maroon tie and long black trench coat.

He told workers that he was the new general manager and that he had worked for the restaurant chain for 30 years and was starting his new job right away.

The current manager at Thierer Road location said she had not gotten any word from corporate about a new general manager. She proceeded to tell Summers that he had the wrong restaurant.

When the manager started to call her supervisors to prove that Summers made a mistake, Summers started to cook himself a meal, police said. They said he had also grabbed a soft drink and was in the process of eating dinner when the manager told him the jig was up.

Police said Summers was unfazed and continued to say that she had not yet gotten the memo. She called 911 and when police arrived they found Summers walking away from the restaurant. He told police that it was a misunderstanding, that he was the new GM and that there must have been a paperwork mix-up.

The man agreed to return to the restaurant with police to sort out the details, police said. Officers said they were able to determine that Summers was not the new GM. When they took him into custody, they found a stun gun on his belt, which he did not have a permit for, police said.

Summers faces charges of fraud hotel or restaurant keeper, possession of an electric weapon, disorderly conduct and possession of drug paraphernalia.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 60542
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
If you're going to make up a job, you really should aim higher than GM at Denny's.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17574
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: If you're going to make up a job, you really should aim higher than GM at Denny's.actually if you want a free meal, you should aim higher then Denny's

TXM



Joined: Fri Jul 29th, 2011
Location: Dubuque, Iowa USA
Posts: 929
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
mike3775 wrote: srossi wrote: If you're going to make up a job, you really should aim higher than GM at Denny's.actually if you want a free meal, you should aim higher then Denny's

Both are reasons why I think this story is a riot.

Add in the fact that he kept up the story when questioned by the cops, and was carrying a stun gun. Wonder what the guy was planning on doing.

Maybe he ran into trouble when he tried claiming he was the new GM at Chuck E Cheese and decided to bring a little extra heat for this heist.

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3409
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The sad thing is that if he cooked his own burger it was in all probability better than what would have normally came from the kitchen in the first place,as Denny's is shit.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 60542
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Good thing he wasn't black or he wouldn't have been able to serve himself.

stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.

Last edited on Thu Feb 23rd, 2012 04:03 pm by stingmark

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17574
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
stingmark wrote: Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.Let me come to your place, walk to the kitchen, and cook my own meal.  You wouldn't call 911?

stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.Let me come to your place, walk to the kitchen, and cook my own meal.  You wouldn't call 911?


No, id probably issue the person a beating & then call the police, if it were you, Id ask if you wanted to stay for dinner or something. Just absurd that 911 is used so frequently these days, for some of the dumbest, most ridiculous shit.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 60542
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.Let me come to your place, walk to the kitchen, and cook my own meal.  You wouldn't call 911?


No, id probably issue the person a beating & then call the police, if it were you, Id ask if you wanted to stay for dinner or something. Just absurd that 911 is used so frequently these days, for some of the dumbest, most ridiculous shit.

So he was posing no threat and wasn't bothering anyone, but he deserves a beatdown?  Not a call to the proper authorities though, because that would be silly.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17574
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.Let me come to your place, walk to the kitchen, and cook my own meal.  You wouldn't call 911?


No, id probably issue the person a beating & then call the police, if it were you, Id ask if you wanted to stay for dinner or something. Just absurd that 911 is used so frequently these days, for some of the dumbest, most ridiculous shit.
So you would still call the police, which is exactly the same as calling 911 in that situation that occurred.

You contradicted yourself

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 60542
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
mike3775 wrote: stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.Let me come to your place, walk to the kitchen, and cook my own meal.  You wouldn't call 911?


No, id probably issue the person a beating & then call the police, if it were you, Id ask if you wanted to stay for dinner or something. Just absurd that 911 is used so frequently these days, for some of the dumbest, most ridiculous shit.
So you would still call the police, which is exactly the same as calling 911 in that situation that occurred.

You contradicted yourself

Not the same situation at all.  He would only call the police after escalating the situation and probably getting himself and 6 innocent people injured.  Much better solution.

BayouBoogie



Joined: Wed Oct 17th, 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana USA
Posts: 6849
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote:
mike3775 wrote: stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.Let me come to your place, walk to the kitchen, and cook my own meal.  You wouldn't call 911?




No, id probably issue the person a beating & then call the police, if it were you, Id ask if you wanted to stay for dinner or something. Just absurd that 911 is used so frequently these days, for some of the dumbest, most ridiculous shit.
So you would still call the police, which is exactly the same as calling 911 in that situation that occurred.

You contradicted yourself

Not the same situation at all.  He would only call the police after escalating the situation and probably getting himself and 6 innocent people injured.  Much better solution.


Right. He'd have set himself up to possibly be charged with assault and/or battery and maybe other charges depending on the circumstances, almost definitely fired, THEN called the cops. LOL

Road Warrior Yajuta



Joined: Sat Jul 3rd, 2010
Location: D'Iberville, Ms, USA
Posts: 4754
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: If you're going to make up a job, you really should aim higher than GM at Denny's.Eh 50 grand pre-bonuses may not be rich highfalutin money but it isn't bad money either.  My Wife was an assitant manager at a Sonic and made crazy bonus money basing my opinion on that  I wouldn't be shocked if they could double their pay with bonuses. 

stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote:
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.Let me come to your place, walk to the kitchen, and cook my own meal.  You wouldn't call 911?



I was being sarcastic, as i was tying from my phione, and couldnt add the proper emoticon.
No, id probably issue the person a beating & then call the police, if it were you, Id ask if you wanted to stay for dinner or something. Just absurd that 911 is used so frequently these days, for some of the dumbest, most ridiculous shit.

So he was posing no threat and wasn't bothering anyone, but he deserves a beatdown?  Not a call to the proper authorities though, because that would be silly.

stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.Let me come to your place, walk to the kitchen, and cook my own meal.  You wouldn't call 911?


No, id probably issue the person a beating & then call the police, if it were you, Id ask if you wanted to stay for dinner or something. Just absurd that 911 is used so frequently these days, for some of the dumbest, most ridiculous shit.
So you would still call the police, which is exactly the same as calling 911 in that situation that occurred.

You contradicted yourself


Again, I was being sarcastic..... I would call the police, but only if he were doing something to harm someone else, or rob the place. You can call the police w/o using 911 to do so.....who was he harming for them to call 911? thats for emergency's right? a guy making a hamburger isnt an emergency.

Last edited on Thu Feb 23rd, 2012 10:56 pm by stingmark

TXM



Joined: Fri Jul 29th, 2011
Location: Dubuque, Iowa USA
Posts: 929
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: Why would someone call 911 over something like this? I mean, was he posing a threat, or trying to rob the place? No. People crack me up sometimes, jesus christ. People call 911 when their fastfood orders are fucked up, or someone calls them a name, it's pretty stupid. This article acts.like the was a threat to national security or something. Thats 5 minutes of time, I cant get back.Let me come to your place, walk to the kitchen, and cook my own meal.  You wouldn't call 911?


No, id probably issue the person a beating & then call the police, if it were you, Id ask if you wanted to stay for dinner or something. Just absurd that 911 is used so frequently these days, for some of the dumbest, most ridiculous shit.
So you would still call the police, which is exactly the same as calling 911 in that situation that occurred.

You contradicted yourself


Again, I was being sarcastic..... I would call the police, but only if he were doing something to harm someone else, or rob the place. You can call the police w/o using 911 to do so.....who was he harming for them to call 911? thats for emergency's right? a guy making a hamburger isnt an emergency.

Well, the dude was carrying a stun gun too. I'm sure he probably came off as unbalanced. You work in a place where you are responsible for the safety of your patrons and employees, and a weirdo comes in like he owns the place, you probably do whatever is necessary to diffuse the situation in the quickest manner possible.

Calling 911 doesn't seem like a bad call.

If said weirdo comes into your home and starts rustling up some grub, administering a beatdown first might seem more appropriate than picking up a phone and calling the police.

Two different scenarios.



stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
TXM wrote:
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
stingmark wrote: mike3775 wrote:
Well, the dude was carrying a stun gun too. I'm sure he probably came off as unbalanced. You work in a place where you are responsible for the safety of your patrons and employees, and a weirdo comes in like he owns the place, you probably do whatever is necessary to diffuse the situation in the quickest manner possible.

Calling 911 doesn't seem like a bad call.

If said weirdo comes into your home and starts rustling up some grub, administering a beatdown first might seem more appropriate than picking up a phone and calling the police.

Two different scenarios.





True dat. BUT again, this absurdity to always call 911 as if some mergency's taking place, is what i was talking about moreso than anything else. Getting your order wrong @ McDonalds DOES NOT WARRANT a person calling 911, sorry. People take advantage of it, true you never know with kooks like the hamburger guy, but still. Calling 911 b/c your cat gets stuck in a tree is stupid. I bet people have done it too.

beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 50232
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dine & Dash much easier to execute than what this guy did.

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8928
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Stingmark, is the below video something someone should call 911 for?


stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I do think people abuse 911 for downright silly reasons.

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8928
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
stingmark wrote: I do think people abuse 911 for downright silly reasons.
I totally agree with you, especially the example you used of the when the person called 911 about their hamburger, but in the  case of the topic the I think it was legit they called, and I seriously wondered what you thought the people in the Cornette tape should have done.

Much like you, I am a big dude and I also have been a bouncer and security around the country, and would try to handle things myself, (although even at my size, 99.9% of the time I talk the people out of being an idiot without violence) but many times at places like Dennys etc. the staff is either mostly female, teens, or smaller people, and IMO they handled the situation the right way by calling 911.


Last edited on Fri Feb 24th, 2012 07:38 am by stone2k

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17574
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
911 is for emergency calls, and most people use it for that.

Sure there are times that it is used incorrectly, but to say that this case was wrong is stupid, because look at the guy, who knows what he had in mind, and he was found with an illegal stun gun.

Bet your ass I call 911 for anything that happens around my house where the police are needed, because it is much quicker than dialing out a 7 digit phone number to get the same dispatcher

stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
stone2k wrote:
stingmark wrote: I do think people abuse 911 for downright silly reasons.
I totally agree with you, especially the example you used of the when the person called 911 about their hamburger, but in the  case of the topic the I think it was legit they called, and I seriously wondered what you thought the people in the Cornette tape should have done.

Much like you, I am a big dude and I also have been a bouncer and security around the country, and would try to handle things myself, (although even at my size, 99.9% of the time I talk the people out of being an idiot without violence) but many times at places like Dennys etc. the staff is either mostly female, teens, or smaller people, and IMO they handled the situation the right way by calling 911.




I try to handle things myself too, with the least amount of violence. I just thought it was another case of being a little too quick to immediately call 911, as most folks do almost automatically. Its as if thats everyones answer to their problems, calling 911. I get why the folks freaked out, your explanation is why I thought the situation was crazy & why I commented like I did. We've all read where people jump the gun a little too quickly & call 911 for some of the dumbest reasons.

mike3775



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 17574
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
stingmark wrote: stone2k wrote:
stingmark wrote: I do think people abuse 911 for downright silly reasons.
I totally agree with you, especially the example you used of the when the person called 911 about their hamburger, but in the  case of the topic the I think it was legit they called, and I seriously wondered what you thought the people in the Cornette tape should have done.

Much like you, I am a big dude and I also have been a bouncer and security around the country, and would try to handle things myself, (although even at my size, 99.9% of the time I talk the people out of being an idiot without violence) but many times at places like Dennys etc. the staff is either mostly female, teens, or smaller people, and IMO they handled the situation the right way by calling 911.




I try to handle things myself too, with the least amount of violence. I just thought it was another case of being a little too quick to immediately call 911, as most folks do almost automatically. Its as if thats everyones answer to their problems, calling 911. I get why the folks freaked out, your explanation is why I thought the situation was crazy & why I commented like I did. We've all read where people jump the gun a little too quickly & call 911 for some of the dumbest reasons.
Its because of the way the laws are applied.  I cannot legally go up to someone who walks onto my property and deck him when he is trespassing, I will be charged(I have had it happen before), BUT if that person charges at me first, I am allowed to defend myself and not be charged

I am not allowed to shoot someone who is breaking into my car in my garage, but if they charge at me, I am allowed to shoot the person, but I am allowed to shoot the person if they are in my house without them coming at me.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems