WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > The most "Holy Cow" thing you saw in WWE between 1984-1992

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2644
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
What is the single craziest thing you saw in WWE between 1984-1992?





Mine:  The snake biting Macho on tv.  Even now I can hardly believe it happened.

stone2k



Joined: Mon Nov 29th, 2010
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts USA
Posts: 8928
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Piper's Pit with Snuka

Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8407
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Heenan walking onto Prime Time with the NWA belt.

DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6072
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Blazer wrote: Heenan walking onto Prime Time with the NWA belt.
Beat me to it. 

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57476
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
DaNkinator wrote: Blazer wrote: Heenan walking onto Prime Time with the NWA belt.
Beat me to it. 

Thirded

retroken



Joined: Tue Jan 8th, 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1941
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Andre pinning Hogan on SNME a full year after losing at WM3

Count Grog
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC, USA
Posts: 15698
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Butcher Vachon's Weding

Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7561
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: DaNkinator wrote: Blazer wrote: Heenan walking onto Prime Time with the NWA belt.
Beat me to it. 

Thirded

I saw the clip where Heenan was with Monsoon and Neidhart and he had the belt in a bag, then did the whole "ice cream and horse manure" promo until he pulled out the belt and said Flair's name.  I don't know if that happened before or after Prime Time, but that was my moment. 

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19115
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: DaNkinator wrote: Blazer wrote: Heenan walking onto Prime Time with the NWA belt.
Beat me to it. 

Thirded

I saw the clip where Heenan was with Monsoon and Neidhart and he had the belt in a bag, then did the whole "ice cream and horse manure" promo until he pulled out the belt and said Flair's name.  I don't know if that happened before or after Prime Time, but that was my moment. 

It Happen on Wrestling Challenge .

Last edited on Tue Dec 9th, 2014 10:51 pm by bpickering

Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8407
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
That segment was from Challenge during Neidharts short run as a color commentator.  I feel like the Prime Time mention happened first.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57476
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The one I remember is from Primetime and I'm pretty sure that was first.

Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3219
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
All the WWF wrestlers singing together on the Land of a Thousand Dances video. Talk about exposing the business. Ugh.lol  One of the low points in wrestling. Embarrassing stuff.

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3412
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Either Andre pinning Hogan with the twin referee or jake's snake biting Savage.

Super Snott



Joined: Wed Jan 7th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3329
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
bpickering wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: DaNkinator wrote: Blazer wrote: Heenan walking onto Prime Time with the NWA belt.
Beat me to it. 

Thirded

I saw the clip where Heenan was with Monsoon and Neidhart and he had the belt in a bag, then did the whole "ice cream and horse manure" promo until he pulled out the belt and said Flair's name.  I don't know if that happened before or after Prime Time, but that was my moment. 

It Happen on Wrestling Challenge .

I'll say this too. First happened on Challenge, then on a clip on Superstars.

LarrySC



Joined: Mon Mar 21st, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1656
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Blazer wrote: Heenan walking onto Prime Time with the NWA belt.
Oh yeah...has to be this for me as well.  Followed closely by Flair winning the Royal Rumble after entering #3 and facing so many of his past NWA contenders and partners!

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57476
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Which came first, Heenan coming out with the belt on Primetime or Challenge?  I seem to remember the Primetime a lot more vividly.  Does anyone have air dates of the two shows?

Last edited on Fri Dec 12th, 2014 01:52 am by srossi

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19115
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Which came first, Heenan coming out with the belt on Primetime or Challenge?  I seem to remember the Primetime a lot more vividly.  Does anyone have air dates of the two shows?
According history of WWE.com Heenan coming out with NWA title on Challenge happen the show that aired  wwekend of 8/11/91.

The site doesn't have any info of Heenan coming out with the belt on primetime.

I remember Challenge taking place first...

Flair's debut in WWF was on prime Time a month later.





Last edited on Fri Dec 12th, 2014 03:18 am by bpickering

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19115
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I wonder if this aired on All American Wrestling this same weekend of Challenge.


Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7561
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Which came first, Heenan coming out with the belt on Primetime or Challenge?  I seem to remember the Primetime a lot more vividly.  Does anyone have air dates of the two shows?
I'm pretty much 100% sure that Challenge beat Prime Time by three days.  And, the All American promo came after Prime Time the following weekend...at least here in NY.  The reason I remember it so vividly is that Challenge happened the only Saturday I had off the entire summer of '91 and I was watching Prime Time every week.  And I was so excited to see this, I made sure to watch Prime Time that week to see the further developments.

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19115
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
After watching the video again another Holy cow thing was the chair shot Vince took during the Flair/Piper angle on Superstars. Never thought I would see that happening to Vince.

Mysterious



Joined: Mon Aug 22nd, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 1668
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The Macho Man being bitten by Jake Roberts king cobra.



Last edited on Sat Dec 13th, 2014 11:32 am by Mysterious

tamalie
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5144
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Why was Gorilla Monsoon wearing a hat in that Challenge segment with Heenan and Neidhart? I have no recollection of that at all.

tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6678
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
tamalie wrote: Why was Gorilla Monsoon wearing a hat in that Challenge segment with Heenan and Neidhart? I have no recollection of that at all.
That was during the brief time Gorilla had taken over as Mike McGuirk's pimp.

Super Snott



Joined: Wed Jan 7th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3329
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
What about Hulk Hogan losing the WWF Title to Andre The Giant on The Main Event?

Super Snott



Joined: Wed Jan 7th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3329
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Super Snott wrote: What about Hulk Hogan losing the WWF Title to Andre The Giant on The Main Event?
Sorry. Saw it was posted before. But, yeah, Hogan jobbing on TV was pretty shocking.

tofu_chipmunk



Joined: Wed Aug 5th, 2009
Location: Suburban Fatlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 6678
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 

freebirdsforever2001

 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Was also curious of how Flair was received in the WWF lockeroom during that 1st run.

Super Snott



Joined: Wed Jan 7th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3329
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
freebirdsforever2001 wrote: Was also curious of how Flair was received in the WWF lockeroom during that 1st run.
Bret's book had an account of a wild night out in Texas with the boys going to Flair's penthouse and them pissing on his bed.

KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2620
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Count Grog wrote: Butcher Vachon's WedingThe future governor of Minnesota bodyslamming the groom seconds after the ceremony ended.
Classy Fred Blassie caning a midget from behind before completely disrupting the ceremony from beginning to end. 
Lou Albano absolutely smashed and dancing with female midget pressed up against his naked torso.
George Steele seen speaking normally in the background of many shots.
A masked woman, "Mrs. Executioner", being attacked and nearly stripped naked before the boss of the company could pull her away from the perpetrators. 

Yeah, this was it.  To me, the greatest 2 hours of TV from the 80's.

Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7561
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
KGB wrote: Butcher Vachon's Weding
Classy Fred Blassie caning a midget from behind before completely disrupting the ceremony from beginning to end. 


This was fucking hilarious!!!

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2644
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
KGB wrote: Count Grog wrote: Butcher Vachon's WedingThe future governor of Minnesota bodyslamming the groom seconds after the ceremony ended.
Classy Fred Blassie caning a midget from behind before completely disrupting the ceremony from beginning to end. 
Lou Albano absolutely smashed and dancing with female midget pressed up against his naked torso.
George Steele seen speaking normally in the background of many shots.
A masked woman, "Mrs. Executioner", being attacked and nearly stripped naked before the boss of the company could pull her away from the perpetrators. 

Yeah, this was it.  To me, the greatest 2 hours of TV from the 80's.


Anybody got the link to this video lol?

carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12231
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
That was David Shultz who bodyslammed Vachon.

Albano and Blassie were in rare form.

I always got a kick out of Vince directing this nonsense on the fly.

"Yes Alfred, this is a most unusual ceremony." Lol

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57476
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
carpetbeggar wrote: That was David Shultz who bodyslammed Vachon.

Albano and Blassie were in rare form.

I always got a kick out of Vince directing this nonsense on the fly.

"Yes Alfred, this is a most unusual ceremony." Lol

Vince was best as the clueless straight man in the midst of ridiculous chaos.  It was almost vaudevillian. 

KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2620
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
carpetbeggar wrote: That was David Shultz who bodyslammed Vachon.

Albano and Blassie were in rare form.

I always got a kick out of Vince directing this nonsense on the fly.

"Yes Alfred, this is a most unusual ceremony." Lol
You're right, it was Shultz.  Jesse was busy pawing the bride, who was lying prone in the ring!

"Lord Alfred Hayes, as you know, some of the outstanding individuals that have been invited to this wedding include, President and Nancy Reagan, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip (Lord Al, "gosh!"), Cyndi Lauper, Lee Iacocca, Jerry Fallwell, Idi Amin -- I doubt he'll be here -- Clara Peller, Mr. T.  Also to join us, perhaps, Liz Taylor, along with Linda Lovelace -- one of your favorites -- (Lord Al guffaws), Nikita Kruschev, who definitely will not be here, and also Prince, Tip O'Neill, also perhaps to join us, H. R. Haldeman, and maybe even Eddie Murphy!

That sentence alone is like a perfectly preserved time capsule from 1984. 

carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12231
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I always loved the Mrs. Executioner gimmick they had as one of the guests.

I wonder who she was? I assume one of the office secretaries or someone like that. She did have a really nice body on her. She played her part quite enthusiastically too, props for that. Maybe it was Linda McMahon and that is why Vince made the effort to pull her out of the mauling she was getting on the floor by Jesse and some of the other wrestlers.


The scene reminded me of those female joggers that got groped and assaulted in Central Park during the 2000 Puerto Rican Day Parade in Manhattan.


True story....I was actually in Central Park that day when those joggers were assaulted by the roving gang of cretins. Never saw anything to do with it though.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems