WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Trump's First Press Conference As President-Elect

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Trump's First Press Conference As President-Elect  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 09:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8400
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BlueThunder wrote: Loved it. It's refreshing to see a president not take it in the ass from these lying hacks. It was nice to see other reporters applauding Trump after he handed Mr. CNN his ass. That's how these lying vermin need to be treated.
Yep, this is a typical Trump supporter's mindset. Oh well, America had a nice little run there for a while.

If you actually believe that CNN has been providing first class news coverage and can back it up, I'll ride with your comment.  But the reality is, CNN has been a joke for YEARS.  Don't lump this comment in with "typical Trump supporter" because they blow so much it's not funny.  I think that it should be up to CNN to repair whatever damage they have with Trump and not the other way around.  The reaction from Trump was unprofessional and probably unprecedented, but CNN deserved that.  Now, go get a REAL news reporter, send him to the White House, and start reporting to the people on exactly what is going on.  If Trump can't handle it, at least you can face the public and know you are reporting the truth instead of sensationalism.  CNN tries to hide behind their credentials, but they are just TMZ now.

EDIT - One last thing came into my head.  When the President Elect points you out and refuses to accept any of your questions, how does it make you a "Professional" when all you try to do is speak over the other people that are asking the questions?  The CNN guy was a total douche just trying to get himself over.

Last edited on Thu Jan 12th, 2017 09:48 pm by Superstar



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 09:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7904
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Just reinforces even more to the outside world that this is a fucking clown show with Bozo at the helm.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 09:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6898
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Look at the bright side. For the next 4 years, POTUS press conferences and Twitter will never be boring.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 10:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6072
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BlueThunder wrote: What planet are you guys living on? Some shitbag journalist spreads a false story, CNN runs with it, Trump counterpunches, and he's the villain? Peoples lives have been ruined by the lying media. Finally, a real man not only stood up to them, but he pushed back. This was by far his finest moment.



This was almost as good as Dr D and Stossell.

Serious question, where exactly did "CNN run with it"?

Can you point out where CNN claimed that any of it was true or even released the details? Because everything I've seen and read,  CNN didn't publish anything other than to say that they couldn't corroborate.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 10:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 8400
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Principal_Raditch wrote: Just reinforces even more to the outside world that this is a fucking clown show with Bozo at the helm.
You could be right, but it's about time somebody got called out for reporting fake shit.  Meryl Streep made it a major point to "protect the media" but the fuckers have been making shit up literally for YEARS.  It's almost as if the 'internet era' changed news so much that the legit news outlets don't want to be the last one to report things so they roll with rumors that they don't substantiate.  Case in point:  Here in NY, Mike Francesa used to be the first guy to break almost any sports news that happened.  Now, he's usually one of the last to report it.  The reason?  He won't discuss rumors.  He flat out won't talk about trades or signings until he has one of his sources confirm it's legit.  To me, that's real reporting.  I know sports doesn't mean a thing, but I remember when Manny Ramirez went to the Dodgers that Fox Sports was the first to report it by at least an hour- the reason was that somebody on the Dodgers' staff was friends with somebody at Fox Sports and confirmed it to them first...and if I recall, Boston was pissed because they hadn't even spoken directly to Manny yet.  At least Fox had confirmed it though.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 9985
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BlueThunder wrote: What planet are you guys living on? Some shitbag journalist spreads a false story, CNN runs with it, Trump counterpunches, and he's the villain? Peoples lives have been ruined by the lying media. Finally, a real man not only stood up to them, but he pushed back. This was by far his finest moment.



This was almost as good as Dr D and Stossell.

You're missing the greater point, which of course is that Trump is the King of Spreading False News. His adherence to Birtherism will (hopefully) never be topped...but I suppose that was ok, since, you know, it was him saying it. Once false news comes out that paints him in a bad light, it's "OMG THE OUTRAGE!!!"

And you know what...at least Obama disproved what was being said about him. Trump hasn't disproven shit. For all we know, he was under the glass table with the Boogie Woogie Man. 

This cunt is the worst thing to happen to the government since they created AIDS. 

Last edited on Thu Jan 12th, 2017 10:52 pm by dogfacedgremlin34



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 10:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
BlueThunder

 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BlueThunder wrote: What planet are you guys living on? Some shitbag journalist spreads a false story, CNN runs with it, Trump counterpunches, and he's the villain? Peoples lives have been ruined by the lying media. Finally, a real man not only stood up to them, but he pushed back. This was by far his finest moment.



This was almost as good as Dr D and Stossell.

You're missing the greater point, which of course is that Trump is the King of Spreading False News. His adherence to Birtherism will (hopefully) never be topped...but I suppose that was ok, since, you know, it was him saying it. Once false news comes out that paints him in a bad light, it's "OMG THE OUTRAGE!!!"

This cunt is the worst thing to happen to the government since they created AIDS. 


Trump didn't invent that story and he never claimed that Obama wasn't born here. He merely questioned the allegations. Trust me, I wasn't a big fan of him going down that road. He would have ran for President if that idiocy didn't blow up in his face. 

Seriously, this goes for everyone here, what should Trump have done?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 11:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
DaNkinator



Joined: Tue Oct 23rd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 6072
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dude, you're so full of shit, he did way more than just question the allegations. He absolutely claimed that Obama's birth certificate was a fraud, claimed he was possibly a Muslim, and said his investigators had found questionable evidence.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 11:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
dogfacedgremlin34
Will Kick Your Ass At Fantasy Football


Joined: Fri Feb 8th, 2008
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 9985
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BlueThunder wrote: dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BlueThunder wrote: What planet are you guys living on? Some shitbag journalist spreads a false story, CNN runs with it, Trump counterpunches, and he's the villain? Peoples lives have been ruined by the lying media. Finally, a real man not only stood up to them, but he pushed back. This was by far his finest moment.



This was almost as good as Dr D and Stossell.

You're missing the greater point, which of course is that Trump is the King of Spreading False News. His adherence to Birtherism will (hopefully) never be topped...but I suppose that was ok, since, you know, it was him saying it. Once false news comes out that paints him in a bad light, it's "OMG THE OUTRAGE!!!"

This cunt is the worst thing to happen to the government since they created AIDS. 


Trump didn't invent that story and he never claimed that Obama wasn't born here. He merely questioned the allegations. Trust me, I wasn't a big fan of him going down that road. He would have ran for President if that idiocy didn't blow up in his face. 

Seriously, this goes for everyone here, what should Trump have done?

Trump didn't invent the story?  So what? Does that mean he had to pander to every conspiracy theory loving loon out there (i.e., the core of his base) and turn it into something so big?  Of course not.  Besides, CNN didn't invent the story either, they just reported on it. So I guess there's really no difference between what Trump does and what the horrible, horrible MSM does.  

So with this as my logic, I'm now waiting on Trump to disprove all allegations made against him.  Until he does so, I will firmly believe he has in his employ a vast array of hookers whose sole role is to dump a giant Cleveland Steamer on his bloated chest every Saturday night. 



____________________
"I'm putting your worthless fucking ass on ignore so I don't have to read anymore of your pompous arrogant New York big shot bullshit. Good fucking riddance, fuckhead."-Angelic Assassin to rossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7904
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: Principal_Raditch wrote: Just reinforces even more to the outside world that this is a fucking clown show with Bozo at the helm.
You could be right, but it's about time somebody got called out for reporting fake shit.  Meryl Streep made it a major point to "protect the media" but the fuckers have been making shit up literally for YEARS.  It's almost as if the 'internet era' changed news so much that the legit news outlets don't want to be the last one to report things so they roll with rumors that they don't substantiate.  Case in point:  Here in NY, Mike Francesa used to be the first guy to break almost any sports news that happened.  Now, he's usually one of the last to report it.  The reason?  He won't discuss rumors.  He flat out won't talk about trades or signings until he has one of his sources confirm it's legit.  To me, that's real reporting.  I know sports doesn't mean a thing, but I remember when Manny Ramirez went to the Dodgers that Fox Sports was the first to report it by at least an hour- the reason was that somebody on the Dodgers' staff was friends with somebody at Fox Sports and confirmed it to them first...and if I recall, Boston was pissed because they hadn't even spoken directly to Manny yet.  At least Fox had confirmed it though.

I get that the US news as a whole has sucked. I almost never watch national here, and end up watching BBC or CBC for world information as a whole as it doesn't come across as a TMZ report. But when I look at Trump in these interviews, it's like watching a shitty indy wrestler cut a promo. There's no substance to the material. He rehashes the same shit over and over without actually providing useful information. It's hard not to laugh at him (and this is from a person who is pretty much middle of the road and can't vote down here anyways) He's 1985 Vince Mcmahon.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 11:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
BlueThunder

 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BlueThunder wrote: dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BlueThunder wrote: What planet are you guys living on? Some shitbag journalist spreads a false story, CNN runs with it, Trump counterpunches, and he's the villain? Peoples lives have been ruined by the lying media. Finally, a real man not only stood up to them, but he pushed back. This was by far his finest moment.



This was almost as good as Dr D and Stossell.

You're missing the greater point, which of course is that Trump is the King of Spreading False News. His adherence to Birtherism will (hopefully) never be topped...but I suppose that was ok, since, you know, it was him saying it. Once false news comes out that paints him in a bad light, it's "OMG THE OUTRAGE!!!"

This cunt is the worst thing to happen to the government since they created AIDS. 


Trump didn't invent that story and he never claimed that Obama wasn't born here. He merely questioned the allegations. Trust me, I wasn't a big fan of him going down that road. He would have ran for President if that idiocy didn't blow up in his face. 

Seriously, this goes for everyone here, what should Trump have done?

Trump didn't invent the story?  So what? Does that mean he had to pander to every conspiracy theory loving loon out there (i.e., the core of his base) and turn it into something so big?  Of course not.  Besides, CNN didn't invent the story either, they just reported on it. So I guess there's really no difference between what Trump does and what the horrible, horrible MSM does.  

So with this as my logic, I'm now waiting on Trump to disprove all allegations made against him.  Until he does so, I will firmly believe he has in his employ a vast array of hookers whose sole role is to dump a giant Cleveland Steamer on his bloated chest every Saturday night. 


Regarding the birther nonsense, he paid for it, didn't he? Who ended up looking like the ass and who ended up looking like the good guy? Again,Trump deserved every bit of ridicule that was dished out at him by comedians. Even though I didn't vote for Obama, i thought it was funny when he publicly roasted him for jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon. That killed any chance of him running in 12.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 11:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6898
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BlueThunder wrote: dogfacedgremlin34 wrote: BlueThunder wrote: What planet are you guys living on? Some shitbag journalist spreads a false story, CNN runs with it, Trump counterpunches, and he's the villain? Peoples lives have been ruined by the lying media. Finally, a real man not only stood up to them, but he pushed back. This was by far his finest moment.



This was almost as good as Dr D and Stossell.

You're missing the greater point, which of course is that Trump is the King of Spreading False News. His adherence to Birtherism will (hopefully) never be topped...but I suppose that was ok, since, you know, it was him saying it. Once false news comes out that paints him in a bad light, it's "OMG THE OUTRAGE!!!"

This cunt is the worst thing to happen to the government since they created AIDS. 


Trump didn't invent that story and he never claimed that Obama wasn't born here. He merely questioned the allegations. Trust me, I wasn't a big fan of him going down that road. He would have ran for President if that idiocy didn't blow up in his face. 

Seriously, this goes for everyone here, what should Trump have done?
Bullshit

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 11:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
BlueThunder

 

Joined: 
Location:  
Posts: 
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Ultimark wrote: Look at the bright side. For the next 8 years, POTUS press conferences and Twitter will never be boring.

Fixed

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Jan 12th, 2017 11:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Ultimark



Joined: Sun Oct 28th, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6898
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BlueThunder wrote: Ultimark wrote: Look at the bright side. For the next 8 years, POTUS press conferences and Twitter will never be boring.

Fixed
If this cycle taught me anything, it is that it is not impossible.  If GDP is up, UE is about the same, the geopolitical situation is under control, we have a sensible health ins system and the cost of pharm is brought into line, then I could vote for him.  I would like to see him show a little stability.  Maybe too much too ask?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jan 13th, 2017 12:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7904
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I'd watch inflation and interest rates though. If he tried to push his protectionism agenda, that's going to spike pricing.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:50 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Trump's First Press Conference As President-Elect Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems