WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu May 6th, 2021 04:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1291st Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9101
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Bully Ray blasted AEW for the way the Impact World title was carried last night on Dynamite. Omega wore the AEW belt around his waist but his lackey Michael Nakazawa carried the Impact, TNA, and AAA belts. Bully Ray said "perception is reality" and was upset that the Impact title was treated as not being valuable enough for Omega himself to carry. It's odd he would pick on this one thing considering how Impact has been treated in general for months now.

Omega is a heel. What's the problem with his lackey carrying some of his belts? Is Omega supposed to walk around like Ultimo Dragon with the J-Crown 24/7?



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 6th, 2021 04:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1292nd Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9101
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
wittman2 wrote: How on earth did Pac and Orange Cassidy become number one contenders, despite neither having won a match lately?

Did you watch the two shows before this week's?



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 6th, 2021 06:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1293rd Post
bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 18966
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
pwinsider.com

Last night's AEW Blood and Guts match last night was live, but the remainder of the show was pre-taped. AEW chose to pre-tape the remainder of the show due to the logistics of setting up the two cages so it didn't eat into TV time. AEW offered refunds to fans who came believing they were getting a complete live broadcast



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016 REBORN 2021
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 6th, 2021 08:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1294th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2214
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: I thought AEW knew that one of the secrets of wrestling is that it doesn't matter how screwy the match is, you need to end it in the middle of the ring. I don't know about anyone else, but the ending of that main event felt really flat, especially for a match that we've been waiting over a year for. I've never liked the "submit or I do something heinous" finish. It just screams WWE booking. Without commentary, the crowd didn't even realise what was happening, so you didn't even get a real reaction to Jericho being thrown off the cage. It would have come off much better if Jericho had told his guys to keep fighting and sacrificed himself. It was also really obvious that Jericho had landed on a big soft pillow, so they should have worked out their camera angles better for that. The match was awesome before the finish, though.
My homie finally gave AEW some real criticism i guess the Khan money dried up:) .... i know it hurt you to write that but i am proud of you :):):)
The ending hurt the match but also like you pointed out it should have been in the middle of the ring and Jericho landing on cardboard really hurt...i think what would have been better if they wanted that ending was Tully passing handcuffs out and they handcuff the 4 members of the Inner Circle leaving Jericho to fend for himself and the Pinnacle beating the living daylights out of Jericho and then when the set up a MJF to hit Jericho with a massive chair headshot...Sammy handcuffed pleads and gives up ...and MJF still goes thru with it....

This can then lead to the Sammy vs MJF blood fued...which could lead to Jericho turning on Sammy for Sammy being weak and Jericho always knew in his heart Sammy never had what it took to be a star that's why he wanted MJF in the Inner Circle in the first place...

that's how i would have booked it the actual match...but hopefully that's what they go thru with the second part... but still a great match also we can let the the 8 guys laying down in the ring just chilling part slide because it is still TV and they need to capture the storyline part for the audience with MJF vs Jericho on top of the cage.

Last edited on Thu May 6th, 2021 08:09 pm by krazykid18

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri May 7th, 2021 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
1295th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56371
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Last night’s Dynamite drew 1.1 million viewers and for the 1st time ever was the #1 show in all of cable television in the 18-49 demo. TNT sent out a press release and are reportedly ecstatic with AEW’s numbers since NXT moved.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri May 7th, 2021 02:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
1296th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7245
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
krazykid18 wrote: Kriss wrote: I thought AEW knew that one of the secrets of wrestling is that it doesn't matter how screwy the match is, you need to end it in the middle of the ring. I don't know about anyone else, but the ending of that main event felt really flat, especially for a match that we've been waiting over a year for. I've never liked the "submit or I do something heinous" finish. It just screams WWE booking. Without commentary, the crowd didn't even realise what was happening, so you didn't even get a real reaction to Jericho being thrown off the cage. It would have come off much better if Jericho had told his guys to keep fighting and sacrificed himself. It was also really obvious that Jericho had landed on a big soft pillow, so they should have worked out their camera angles better for that. The match was awesome before the finish, though.
My homie finally gave AEW some real criticism i guess the Khan money dried up:) .... i know it hurt you to write that but i am proud of you :):):)
The ending hurt the match but also like you pointed out it should have been in the middle of the ring and Jericho landing on cardboard really hurt...i think what would have been better if they wanted that ending was Tully passing handcuffs out and they handcuff the 4 members of the Inner Circle leaving Jericho to fend for himself and the Pinnacle beating the living daylights out of Jericho and then when the set up a MJF to hit Jericho with a massive chair headshot...Sammy handcuffed pleads and gives up ...and MJF still goes thru with it....

This can then lead to the Sammy vs MJF blood fued...which could lead to Jericho turning on Sammy for Sammy being weak and Jericho always knew in his heart Sammy never had what it took to be a star that's why he wanted MJF in the Inner Circle in the first place...

that's how i would have booked it the actual match...but hopefully that's what they go thru with the second part... but still a great match also we can let the the 8 guys laying down in the ring just chilling part slide because it is still TV and they need to capture the storyline part for the audience with MJF vs Jericho on top of the cage.
Why does this storyline need swerves and turns?  Can’t it just be two groups that hate each other?  Not every angle involving multiple people on both sides needs a heel or face turn.  The future would be MJF and Sammy.  Don’t have Sammy submit - have an older guy submit.  Would anybody think any less of Jake Hager if he submitted?  He’s kicking the shit out of people in Bellator - if he submits to keep Jericho from getting hurt, it’s basically his JOB.  His first night in was to be Jericho’s hit man and backup.  So he could submit and get away with it by saying he gets paid to protect Chris.  Also, you really don’t want MJF in a blood feud yet.  He is worth too much down the road.  Stop going all Vince Russo here - let this burn slowly and enjoy the ride.  In 1979, Ole Anderson set up his heel turn on Dusty Rhodes very subtly.  But the seeds were planted.  Then in 1980, he just destroyed the Dream at the Omni in a cage.  It drew money for a YEAR.  Don’t start the Sammy/MJF program now - plant the seeds.  As far as what happened in the match?  If Jericho is going to get destroyed, it needs to be in the ring, as you and everyone else said.  



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun May 9th, 2021 02:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
1297th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56371
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Last night on NJPW Strong, they set up the next Dynamite with Jon Moxley teaming with Chris Dickerson to beat Yuji Nagata and Ren Narita. After the match there was a pull-apart brawl between Moxley and Nagata. I wish AEW had plugged that at all but they didn’t bother.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon May 10th, 2021 02:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1298th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56371
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
AEW will begin taking Dynamite on the road again starting in July, with tickets now on sale. I'm really surprised that WWE let AEW get the jump on them on this. I feel like 10 years ago WWE would've made sure they were already doing shows in front of crowds. Plenty of states are open now.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue May 11th, 2021 07:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
1299th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9101
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Some great promos on the YouTube side of AEW so far this week. Matt Jackson and Christopher Daniels had a couple of great promos on BTE hyping their match on tomorrow night, with Matt giving a proverbial middle finger to people who complain about storyline progression that doesn't happen on Dynamite (which popped me, at least).

Elevation (they seem to have dropped the "Dark" from the show name) had a great Eddie Kingston promo. I know, that's like saying water is wet, but it's worth watching.

Thunder Rosa was interviewed. She talked about the NWA title and Serena Deeb, who is away "taking care of other business." Not sure if they were referencing her injury or the fact that she has a title match with Kamille in NWA to get through first. Maybe both. There was no explicit mention of any NWA programming.

I know we'd all love "The Forbidden Door" to swing open, but I think we have to accept now that we're going to get wrestlers and titles crossing between origanisations, but they aren't going to be hyping each other's shows. I can understand from this, though. With taping schedules and live shows, you maybe don't want to be trying to tie different shows together too much. The crossover stuff is for the hardcore fans who watch everything, and we don't need them to tell us in detail what's going on. The TV companies will have something to say about this as well, I doubt they want other networks heavily promoted.

It's a bit like the MCU (and I know srossi wanted them to connect their franchises together more, but hey...). The movies and the ABS shows and the Netflix shows and the Hulu shows and the Freeform shows and the Disney+ shows are all part of the same world, and if you are a superfan you can spot all the connections, but it's not so connected that you HAVE to watch everything, or so connected that it becomes a huge hassle to keep the stories straight.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue May 11th, 2021 02:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1300th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56371
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: It's a bit like the MCU (and I know srossi wanted them to connect their franchises together more, but hey...). The movies and the ABS shows and the Netflix shows and the Hulu shows and the Freeform shows and the Disney+ shows are all part of the same world, and if you are a superfan you can spot all the connections, but it's not so connected that you HAVE to watch everything, or so connected that it becomes a huge hassle to keep the stories straight.
Don't even get me started on "Agents of SHIELD" and how somehow the events of Infinity War were ignored.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed May 19th, 2021 04:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1301st Post
bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 18966
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Warner Media just issued the following:

AEW Franchise Continues Domination and Expands to TBS in 2022
“AEW: Rampage” Premieres August 13th on TNT, Joining Wrestling’s #1 Show “AEW: Dynamite”
TNT to Showcase Four New Annual Wrestling Specials

LOS ANGELES (May 19, 2021) – The All Elite Wrestling (AEW) franchise will grow its footprint with a move of “AEW: Dynamite” to TBS in January 2022.

Until then, presence on TNT remains robust in 2021 with the addition of the new hour-long series “AEW: Rampage.” Debuting on August 13 at 10 p.m. ET, “AEW: Rampage” is a third hour of high-octane wrestling featuring the world renowned stars of AEW. In addition, TNT will debut four new professional wrestling specials annually, continuing to garner and grow AEW’s audience until the move to TBS in 2022.

“It’s a pleasure to be able to help Tony Khan expand his wrestling fiefdom across our networks and bring more content to our fans that fits the thrill ride brand of TNT and good time of TBS,” said Sam Linsky, Associate General Manager, SVP, Programming and Operations, TBS, TNT and truTV. “It’s Wednesday. You know what that means.”

“As a lifelong wrestling aficionado who is privileged to present AEW to longtime and new fans alike, it means a lot to me – personally and professionally – to share the news that All Elite Wrestling will call TBS home beginning in 2022,” said Tony Khan, CEO, GM and Head of Creative of AEW.

“The history of wrestling in the United States cannot be told without acknowledging the contributions of TBS, which as WTBS years ago delivered wrestling to the Southeast and eventually to a massive national audience. TBS has the same passion for wrestling today, but will offer AEW and our fans more prime time programming, content and global opportunities that will establish TBS as the world’s undisputed destination for wrestling.

“And, while we’re looking forward to our arrival on TBS, we’re not saying goodbye to our original and current home of TNT, which will air four new special supercard events annually. Plus, the financial upside to our new agreement will give us the opportunity to continue to invest in and grow AEW to serve the most important people in our industry: our fans, our wrestlers, our staff and our sponsors. With All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite and Rampage taking center stage via our new agreement on TBS next year, and the new quarterly supercards launching on TNT, our exposure and our opportunities to grow AEW are greater than ever!”

As AEW continues to deliver the best matches and most entertaining moments in professional wrestling today, tune in to the all new “AEW: Dynamite” tonight at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on TNT.

In addition to being wrestling’s most watched show, “AEW: Dynamite” was the No. 1 program on Wednesday, May 5, on cable among A18-49, a first-time triumph for the wrestling franchise. In April, the electrifying wrestling show achieved its most-watched episode since the series launched on October 2, 2019, with over 1.2 million viewers tuning in.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016 REBORN 2021
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed May 19th, 2021 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1302nd Post
bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 18966
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
pwinsider.com

The word making the rounds is that between the switch to TBS, Rampage and the new quarterly specials on TNT, All Elite Wrestling is receiving in the area of an "eight figure payday" from WarnerMedia.

A big part of the move was brought about by WarnerMedia making their deal with the NHL.

Internally within AEW, this is being seen as a positive and a way to increase the company's footprint on multiple networks and additional content to produce.



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016 REBORN 2021
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed May 19th, 2021 11:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1303rd Post
martini
Wrestling Classics Owner


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4205
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
TBS and wrestling does feel right. Not sure that this TBS and that wrestling feels right, though.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu May 20th, 2021 01:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
1304th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56371
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Why in the fuck is Jon Moxley’s new theme song “Wild Thing”? It’s so cheesy and doesn’t fit at all. What did I miss?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu May 20th, 2021 02:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
1305th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12192
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
bpickering wrote: pwinsider.com

The word making the rounds is that between the switch to TBS, Rampage and the new quarterly specials on TNT, All Elite Wrestling is receiving in the area of an "eight figure payday" from WarnerMedia.

A big part of the move was brought about by WarnerMedia making their deal with the NHL.

Internally within AEW, this is being seen as a positive and a way to increase the company's footprint on multiple networks and additional content to produce.Okay, if we are to believe Meltzer, did he not report that AEW had signed a deal with Turner/Warner that was worth around forty/forty-five million back when they first debuted 'Dynamite'?It was either then, or shortly thereafter, I thought Meltzer reported that they signed an extension...but either way, I thought a forty-something million dollar number was reported and part of the deal was that AEW was to debut a second show on the Turner networks sometime in 2021.What I'm saying is that if what Dave reported was factual, AEW already had an "eight figure payday" signed with Turner/Warner.
Did Pwinsider and Wade back up what Dave originally reported about the forty something million dollar deal back when Dave reported that?Or am I wrong, and did Dave, or any of the "respected" wrestling reporters NOT report that forty something million dollar figure?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 02:59 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread) Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems