WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  160  161  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread)  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 01:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
2326th Post
One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 15329
Status: 
Online
Mana: 

A fun little promo battle between Brandi Rhodes and Dan Lambert concludes with Lambert sending Paige VanZant out and there is a brief skirmish.    The locker room empties with mostly women in non-wrestling attire to separate them.  I didn't recognize any of them, but it was an awesome way to do a fashion show.  Nobody was clamoring to see Rene Goulet and Jay Strongbow here.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 02:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
2327th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61563
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
What a match between Punk and MJF. More wrestling a storytelling in this one match than on Raw and NXT combined this week.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 07:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
2328th Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 1052
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I'll apologize for covering old ground but thanks to botchamania I was finally able to clearly hear the taunt that led to Moxley dropping an F bomb and getting someone kicked out.

"Get a garbage truck and get that trash out of the ring"

It was not anything obscene or personal and it sounds to me like a fairly harmless taunt. How this would warrant the actions that Moxley took is beyond me and indicates that the guy is really kind of a pussy.

Last edited on Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 08:32 am by BitterOldMan



____________________
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 08:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
2329th Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 1052
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Anyone else think AEW missed the boat with Leva Bates? Make her a dominatrix named Mistress Bates and Avalon as her partner Master...

Might be the only gimmick that Jim Cornette and Vince Russo would agree upon.



____________________
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 09:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
2330th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10803
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BitterOldMan wrote: Anyone else think AEW missed the boat with Leva Bates? Make her a dominatrix named Mistress Bates and Avalon as her partner Master...

Might be the only gimmick that Jim Cornette and Vince Russo would agree upon.

They'd both agree that you stayed up way too late past your bed time tonight.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 01:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2331st Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2573
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: What a match between Punk and MJF. More wrestling a storytelling in this one match than on Raw and NXT combined this week.
Was a lil too long for my liking and the restart while understood why they did it to add more heat and give the crowd the feeling Punk would win but it wasn't needed, again the Wardlow stuff it is too overbooked  for my liking....

AEW cameras needs better direction, we shouldn't see MJF thanking CM Punk for giving him the rub and carrying him to a good match..

Last edited on Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 01:41 pm by krazykid18

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 10:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2332nd Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1789
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: What a match between Punk and MJF. More wrestling a storytelling in this one match than on Raw and NXT combined this week.

Just watched the show. Brilliant, from two absolutely brilliant workers. They do that not many do and it shows up a lot of the rest.

Also a great example of how an excellent match can happen in spite of a bad commentary team, a little but of screwy booking and probably the worst referee I've ever seen in my life.

AEW normally drop angles after one match but they can't do it here. This stuff is too good and these guys are perfect for one another.

Last edited on Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 11:03 pm by Jim_Irish

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 10:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2333rd Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1789
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Rest of the show...

First match was OK, Moxley's marches aren't annoying me so far since he's been back. Danielson was great as always.

Tag match was pretty good I thought, though I don't like the angle at all.
Skipped the women's match. 
Man, that Lance Archer gets blown up very very easily.
The crowd was great for the Brandi shit show. Lambert was funny, despite way too much insider talk from both of them.

Last edited on Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 10:41 pm by Jim_Irish

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Feb 3rd, 2022 10:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2334th Post
Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1789
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
And maybe I don't need to say this but MJF wrestles so little and talks so much I think some people may not appreciate how good he is in the ring. He's amazing.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Feb 4th, 2022 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
2335th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61563
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Lars Frederickson of Rancid was obviously at Dynamite last night and was shown on camera several times. He’s the one who tweeted at Ruby Riott even before she signed with AEW that she could use the Ruby Soho name and song for free.  And believe it or not, he just met her in person for the first time last night. He did all that just because he was a fan. He put AEW over big and also Tony Schiavone:

“Ok. This was another big moment for me. Thanks @tonyschiavone24 for being such a down to earth rad guy. Took the time to meet me and talk to me and I’ll never forget it. He was one of the voices of my childhood. @AEW rules. I love this stuff”



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Feb 4th, 2022 03:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
2336th Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3617
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Lars Frederickson of Rancid was obviously at Dynamite last night and was shown on camera several times. He’s the one who tweeted at Ruby Riott even before she signed with AEW that she could use the Ruby Soho name and song for free.  And believe it or not, he just met her in person for the first time last night. He did all that just because he was a fan. He put AEW over big and also Tony Schiavone:

“Ok. This was another big moment for me. Thanks @tonyschiavone24 for being such a down to earth rad guy. Took the time to meet me and talk to me and I’ll never forget it. He was one of the voices of my childhood. @AEW rules. I love this stuff”

Such an easy thing for Schiavone to have a good time meeting and have a positive interaction with Lars, and Lars genuinely appreciated it. No way something like this happens in WWE these days. They have to micromanage and overproduce everything so much that nothing is organic anymore. 



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Feb 4th, 2022 08:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2337th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10803
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
From everything I've read today, I'd be very surprised if we don't see Keith Lee in AEW very soon.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Feb 4th, 2022 08:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2338th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61563
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: From everything I've read today, I'd be very surprised if we don't see Keith Lee in AEW very soon.
What did you read?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Feb 4th, 2022 08:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2339th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 10803
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: From everything I've read today, I'd be very surprised if we don't see Keith Lee in AEW very soon.
What did you read?


Lee's 90 days expired yesterday. Meltzer said he may already be signed in the way he says things that he knows but isn't supposed to say outright. Tony Khan did an interview and said that he had signed new wrestlers who will debut very soon. He also said the Forbidden Door will be opening again. Okay is coming eventually, I think, but they might be waiting for Omega to return for that. Might be Josh Alexander.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Feb 4th, 2022 08:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2340th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61563
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: From everything I've read today, I'd be very surprised if we don't see Keith Lee in AEW very soon.
What did you read?


Lee's 90 days expired yesterday. Meltzer said he may already be signed in the way he says things that he knows but isn't supposed to say outright. Tony Khan did an interview and said that he had signed new wrestlers who will debut very soon. He also said the Forbidden Door will be opening again. Okay is coming eventually, I think, but they might be waiting for Omega to return for that. Might be Josh Alexander.

They name-dropped Alexander this week and no one deserves the exposure more than him. He’s the most anonymous top worker in the business today. I hope this means they’ll pick up the relationship with Impact again, but at the moment their shows are already dominated by ROH and NJPW talent and WWE ass-kissing so there’s not much room left for AEW guys to come back too. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 04:27 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  151  152  153  154  155  156  157  158  159  160  161  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > All Elite Wrestling Discussion (Megathread) Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems