WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Corona Virus...Real or Fake News

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Corona Virus...Real or Fake News  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 03:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1666th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7406
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Got the Pfizer vaccine this morning. I'll let you know if I grow a 2nd dick or something.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 05:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1667th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2424
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
After Wuhan reopened in April, a massive, massive study was undertaken to see what happened with regards to the spread of the disease in the city.  The researchers got 93% of the city's population above the age of 6, just shy of 10 million people, to get screened for the Wuhan flu (Chinese language newspapers in Taiwan and Hong Kong continue to use that term to describe SARS-CoV2.  Who knew they were so racist against...their fellow Chinese? Out of curiosity, I checked the NYC Chinese dailies and they all appear to use the term "novel Corona virus").  Here are the main takeaways:

There were 10,652,513 eligible people aged ≥6 years in Wuhan (94.1% of the total population). The nucleic acid screening was completed in 19 days (from May 14, 2020 to Jun 1, 2020), and tested a total of 9,899,828 persons from the 10,652,513 eligible people (participation rate, 92.9%). Of the 9899,828 participants, 9,865,404 had no previous diagnosis of COVID-19, and 34,424 were recovered COVID-19 patients.

The screening of the 9,865,404 participants without a history of COVID-19 found no newly confirmed COVID-19 cases, and identified 300 asymptomatic positive cases with a detection rate of 0.303 (95% CI 0.270–0.339)/10,000. The median age-stratified Ct-values of the asymptomatic cases were shown in Supplementary Table 1. Of the 300 asymptomatic positive cases, two cases came from one family and another two were from another family. There were no previously confirmed COVID-19 patients in these two families. A total of 1174 close contacts of the asymptomatic positive cases were traced, and they all tested negative for the COVID-19. There were 34,424 previously recovered COVID-19 cases who participated in the screening. Of the 34,424 participants with a history of COVID-19, 107 tested positive again, giving a repositive rate of 0.310% (95% CI 0.423–0.574%).


Read that underlined sentence again.  It's not that asymptomatic transmission was low or even rare.  It didn't exist.  At least not in this gargantuan sized sample.  The WHO has made similar pronouncements about asymptomatic transmission, although they settled for calling it "very rare" and then scrambled to put the toothpaste back in the tube.  Why is that important?  Because it undercuts the primary rationale for universal masking.  Thus, you won't see anything about this study on network or cable news.  TPTB and their willing slaves in the populace have so much invested in the mask theater that to now admit they got it wrong might cause a psychotic break among millions.  They'll continue to play the "me or your lying eyes?" game for as long as it takes.  


https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w#change-history



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 07:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1668th Post
The Ultimate Sin
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 10720
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Principal_Raditch wrote: Got the Pfizer vaccine this morning. I'll let you know if I grow a 2nd dick or something.
Would you consider that a positive or a negative?



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Dec 22nd, 2020 08:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1669th Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 1172
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
My Father-In-law reads the Epoch times and he says that 80% of the viruses cases are false.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 23rd, 2020 12:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
1670th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2424
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
freebirdsforever2019 wrote: My Father-In-law reads the Epoch times and he says that 80% of the viruses cases are false.
The Epoch Times is not always the most trustworthy source, although sometimes their non-mainstream take puts them ahead of the curve.  I wouldn't say 80% of the "cases" are false but if you're relying on PCR tests above 30 cycles a very good percentage of them might well be.  

Here's another study, from the University of Florida and published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, that found asymptomatic transmission is statistically insignificant.  Of course the pinheads who put this together conclude "that households are and will continue to be important venues for transmission, even in areas where community transmission is reduced," rather than concluding that since asymptomatic transmission is so rare the mask-and-distance in public voodoo is a waste of time.  Even Nipsy Cuomo, in a rare moment of lucidity, pointed out months ago that it seemed a very large chunk of transmission was occurring at home.  He then demanded everyone stay home and chastised other leaders for being incapable of learning from their mistakes.  

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2774102



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Dec 25th, 2020 11:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1671st Post
Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8138
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Comments sections on Youtube are a fun place to be now. This is copied from a random NBC news video about the new UK strain:


There is no pandemic this is a depopulation agenda via vaccination orchestrated by these agents of satan/new world order. More fearmongering by the msm to push ppl to get their poison vaccine. Massive vaccine deaths will be blamed on covid getting worse or new covid21 virus. Tighter and tighter restrictions will be coming meanwhile our rights freedoms and liberties will be stripped from us. This is tyranny disguised in the form of "helping ppl". They will keep us on lockdown until the us and world economy crashes. Cash will be obsolete bc they will say its dirty carrier of the virus. Transitioning us to a cashless society using digital currency via rfid chip implants aka mark of beast. Without this no man can buy or sell. Revelations 13. Jesus christ is coming back for the rapture(this decade) dont get left behind from rapture to face great tribulation coming to earth. Nwo beast system led by antichrist obama and false prophet pope francis ready to take over after rapture. Dont believe the coming massive deception of alien abduction explanation for rapture from obama Vatican and united nations. Fema concentration camps will be activated around the world post rapture. Thousands of guillotines and coffins are staged in these concentration camps. Refuse coming vaccine and rfid chip implant aka mark of beast at all costs.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Dec 26th, 2020 02:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1672nd Post
Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 2992
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
330,000 gone now. Meanwhile Trump has been golfing and complaining his wife was not featured on as many magazines as past first ladies. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Dec 27th, 2020 01:57 am
  PM Quote Reply
1673rd Post
Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8138
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Japan has closed its borders as a precaution to the new strain. They generally don't fuck around on stuff like this.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Dec 27th, 2020 02:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
1674th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7406
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
11/24 of our beds on my unit this morning were covids.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Dec 27th, 2020 01:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1675th Post
KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2424
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Principal_Raditch wrote: 11/24 of our beds on my unit this morning were covids.

Give us some context.  Are all 11 there for ILI or are there any that were admitted for other reasons but have a positive test?  What kind of test, PCR or antigen?   In the middle of the normal flu season, what would be the normal capacity of your unit?  How many of those would be there for respiratory infections?  



____________________
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 28th, 2020 02:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
1676th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7406
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
KGB wrote: Principal_Raditch wrote: 11/24 of our beds on my unit this morning were covids.

Give us some context.  Are all 11 there for ILI or are there any that were admitted for other reasons but have a positive test?  What kind of test, PCR or antigen?   In the middle of the normal flu season, what would be the normal capacity of your unit?  How many of those would be there for respiratory infections?  


So when I left tonight, all 12 ICU beds were filled (I'm in a smaller hospital 12 ICU, 30 Intermediate and 31 Med/Surge Intermediate. Of the ICU's all but 1 were on a vent. THe only one who wasn't was the only non Covid. Intermediate had @ 14/30 beds with covids. I can't give you context since I don't work on those units. ICU I knew about since I had to transfer one of hte covids I had down there today because of rapid decline.

Pretty much all the positives are PCR. The only rapids that are done are if surgery is required. We were at 12/31 on my floor at the end of hte day, but also had 4 more PUI's waiting on results. 

Normal flu season would see at best...maybe 6 cases on my floor and even less on intermediate or ICU. It's almost always an med surge admission. We're running full almost constantly. I know there were 7 holds in the ER because we ran out of beds. That's the better indicator of census. In a given fall/winter you'll have a day or two a week with some holds...but it'll be 2 or 3. I'm coming in and we have 7-10 holds. Last sat it was 10 holds to start shift. That's not normal numbers for us ever. 

General respiratory infections would make up maybe 25% at most of the floor...but i couldn't tell you hard numbers since that just general recollections based on prior years. 
The bigger problem is going to be staffing. So nurses are quitting a higher rates than i've ever seen. My floor usually carries @ 16-20 on days to staff properly. We've had 7 day nurses quit/transfer in the last 8 weeks. That's what we'd normally see over 9-12 months. We won't be able to fill that for at least 6 months or more if we're lucky. So if we can't staff, then we have to cap...even if there are open beds. 

Just in a general sense, i've never in my career gone 6 months straight with almost 90-100% capacity filled...that's 25 years. 

Last edited on Mon Dec 28th, 2020 02:47 am by Principal_Raditch

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 28th, 2020 12:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1677th Post
gwlee7
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Lewisville, Texas USA
Posts: 5533
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Principal_Raditch wrote: KGB wrote: Principal_Raditch wrote: 11/24 of our beds on my unit this morning were covids.

Give us some context.  Are all 11 there for ILI or are there any that were admitted for other reasons but have a positive test?  What kind of test, PCR or antigen?   In the middle of the normal flu season, what would be the normal capacity of your unit?  How many of those would be there for respiratory infections?  


So when I left tonight, all 12 ICU beds were filled (I'm in a smaller hospital 12 ICU, 30 Intermediate and 31 Med/Surge Intermediate. Of the ICU's all but 1 were on a vent. THe only one who wasn't was the only non Covid. Intermediate had @ 14/30 beds with covids. I can't give you context since I don't work on those units. ICU I knew about since I had to transfer one of hte covids I had down there today because of rapid decline.

Pretty much all the positives are PCR. The only rapids that are done are if surgery is required. We were at 12/31 on my floor at the end of hte day, but also had 4 more PUI's waiting on results. 

Normal flu season would see at best...maybe 6 cases on my floor and even less on intermediate or ICU. It's almost always an med surge admission. We're running full almost constantly. I know there were 7 holds in the ER because we ran out of beds. That's the better indicator of census. In a given fall/winter you'll have a day or two a week with some holds...but it'll be 2 or 3. I'm coming in and we have 7-10 holds. Last sat it was 10 holds to start shift. That's not normal numbers for us ever. 

General respiratory infections would make up maybe 25% at most of the floor...but i couldn't tell you hard numbers since that just general recollections based on prior years. 
The bigger problem is going to be staffing. So nurses are quitting a higher rates than i've ever seen. My floor usually carries @ 16-20 on days to staff properly. We've had 7 day nurses quit/transfer in the last 8 weeks. That's what we'd normally see over 9-12 months. We won't be able to fill that for at least 6 months or more if we're lucky. So if we can't staff, then we have to cap...even if there are open beds. 

Just in a general sense, i've never in my career gone 6 months straight with almost 90-100% capacity filled...that's 25 years. 

So, based on your actual experience in the field and having worked as a health professional in an actual hospital for 25 years, is this worse than the flu?



____________________
I just think it's amazing that Trump is really on Twitter all day, personally writing this shit. He's about 3 beers away from joining S&W and getting into a flame war with Ports.----srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 28th, 2020 01:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1678th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7406
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
I"m at the point where I just look at this from a numbers game at work. How many beds do we have free within the system. What's happening is that the longer you hold patients (any patients, not specifically covids) in the ER vs a floor, the bigger risk it is. ER nurses are used to dealing with short term stabilization, not extended periods of care. There's also a trickle down effect from ICU. As an example. A few weeks back I had a severe alcohol withdrawl patient. This guy was so fucked up he needed to be on a precedex drip and put into the ICU. No beds...So here I am, 2 levels of care below ICU, taking care of a guy who is beyond my skillset, and running 5 patients in total (ICU nurses run 2 patients) I can't adequately do my job at that level for anyone since I disproportionately am stuck with one person. This is becoming more common...

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Dec 28th, 2020 02:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1679th Post
Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8138
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Interesting take. This guy basically says this is all a sham:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/05/15/we-could-open-up-again-and-forget-the-whole-thing/



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Dec 28th, 2020 03:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1680th Post
Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3645
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Blazer wrote: Interesting take. This guy basically says this is all a sham:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/05/15/we-could-open-up-again-and-forget-the-whole-thing/
This guy lost my attention at:

"Now, as we know, children and young adults do not end up in hospitals. It is only those who are both elderly and have comorbidities that do."

I did a quick calculation for the reported deaths here in Maryland and 694 out of 5571 (approximately 12%) were patients less than 60 years of age. This does not factor in the number of patients who were admitted to the hospital and survived. The numbers I used for my calculations are posted at the bottom of this link: https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/12/28/covid-19-in-maryland-hospitalizations-increase-as-1-9k-more-cases-28-more-deaths-reported/). Unfortunately, the statistics provided do not provide information on co-morbidities (such as diabetes, obesity, etc).


However, he did make a good point about people dying of other causes (such as heart attack, stroke, etc) since they did not go to the hospital. I don't think there is any way to quantify those cases. It may be possible to compare depression/suicide rates pre-COVID vs post-COVID though.


According to our governor, Maryland has done a fairly good job at keeping our COVID numbers low. I would be curious to see the numbers for other states and the US as a whole. The media makes it sound like some areas such as New York and California have been hit very hard. Additionally, I would like to see the numbers on patients who survived COVID but are now in much worse health as a result.


If another pandemic that was predicted to be as deadly as COVID was to come along in the next 20 years or so, what do you think the response would be? Strict lockdowns? Live life as normal? I am thinking the world hasn't learned much from this and will have the same divided attitude and wildly differing, inconsistent responses that we have had during this pandemic.


Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:19 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Corona Virus...Real or Fake News Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems