WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Bruce Mitchell fired from PWtouch

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Bruce Mitchell fired from PWtouch  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Dec 30th, 2020 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56352
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
On a serious note, has anyone asked Dr. CM his medical opinion on all of this? We know he was "phlegmy", but does validate Dr. Mitchell's diagnosis? Did thee two noted medical professionals ever confer?



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 30th, 2020 07:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7240
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I saw that CM Punk is donating all of the proceeds to his t-shirt sales to the Huber family for the next month. AEW is donating a portion of the merch proceeds plus 100% of the Dark Order merch proceeds to the Huber family for an undisclosed amount of time. I think that's genuine and great. I don't even know how well Punk knew him, but it shows that unlike so many wrestlers that pay lip service, he actually follows through. Good for everybody, and I hope that all of these wrestlers that say they will take care of the wife and kids actually follow through with whatever they can - financial or not - the way Punk is doing. Wouldn't shock me at all either if Tony Khan paid out the remainder of the contract.



____________________
"Jack Brisco grabbed my testicles once but I told him "Brisco, you have exactly 15 minutes to get your hands off my balls"." -WongLee 7/22/2017
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 30th, 2020 08:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
kargol



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Brum, United Kingdom
Posts: 5015
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
It would be a ballsy move to have Mitchell turn up in AEW as new Dark Order leader...



____________________
superfunkymean
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 30th, 2020 08:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
tamalie
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Mon Oct 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5139
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I saw nothing wrong with this column. He asked a question that is yet unanswered but was worth asking and he did so in a reasonable manner with a goal of looking for a Covid connection, even if indirect, to Brodie Lee’s death that could motivate the WWE and AEW to take greater concern and responsibility towards their personnel who have contracted and may yet contract this illness. Brodie’s widow being upset is completely understandable. His death is and will be a sore subject with her for a long time and possibly forever. She is under no obligation to say anything about how he died that she doesn’t want to. However, that shouldn’t preclude Bruce, Wade, Dave, Alvarez, Bix, Sempervive, Scherer or anyone else from asking the question.

Regarding Wade Keller firing Bruce Mitchell over this piece, did Bruce have the ability to publish articles without Wade’s prior knowledge and consent? If Wade had a say in advance, and therefore presumably read the article and gave it a green light as is instead of saying no to publishing it or asking for rewrites, why is Bruce taking the heat?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 30th, 2020 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56352
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: I saw that CM Punk is donating all of the proceeds to his t-shirt sales to the Huber family for the next month. AEW is donating a portion of the merch proceeds plus 100% of the Dark Order merch proceeds to the Huber family for an undisclosed amount of time. I think that's genuine and great. I don't even know how well Punk knew him, but it shows that unlike so many wrestlers that pay lip service, he actually follows through. Good for everybody, and I hope that all of these wrestlers that say they will take care of the wife and kids actually follow through with whatever they can - financial or not - the way Punk is doing. Wouldn't shock me at all either if Tony Khan paid out the remainder of the contract.
Mick Foley is doing the same.  I doubt either Punk or Foley knew him well, but it's a classy move.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 30th, 2020 08:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56352
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
tamalie wrote: Regarding Wade Keller firing Bruce Mitchell over this piece, did Bruce have the ability to publish articles without Wade’s prior knowledge and consent? If Wade had a say in advance, and therefore presumably read the article and gave it a green light as is instead of saying no to publishing it or asking for rewrites, why is Bruce taking the heat?
It's Wade's site and he's supposed to be the editor and the supervisor.  It seems that Mitchell is able to post things directly to the site without Keller's approval.  If Keller was a real editor, obviously he'd never allow that to happen.  Or worse, Keller gave it a quick glance and allowed it to be posted. 

This is a bit like the Jim Cornette/NWA situation, although maybe not as bad.  In that case they had weeks to edit out the comments and obviously no one saw anything wrong with it until the backlash started on Twitter.  Everyone who saw the show ahead of time, from production staff right up to Billy Corgan, would've had to be removed as well if it was that bad.  In this case, Keller was negligent in his editorial duties and he should accept blame as well.  It's easy to fire the employee for a perceived lapse, not so easy to take responsibility for running your company and keeping the staff in line. 

Last edited on Wed Dec 30th, 2020 08:25 pm by srossi



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 30th, 2020 08:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Erick Von Erich

 

Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2015
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 851
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Whoa, whoa... the thread said he was fired from PWTOUCH. 
That's a naughty site, isn't it? Who knows what those perverts were getting into.



____________________
http://www.dawrestlingsite.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Dec 30th, 2020 10:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
martini
Wrestling Classics Owner


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4204
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Erick Von Erich wrote: Whoa, whoa... the thread said he was fired from PWTOUCH. 
That's a naughty site, isn't it? Who knows what those perverts were getting into.
I believe Rob Feinstein owns that domain name.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Dec 30th, 2020 11:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8138
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: tamalie wrote: Regarding Wade Keller firing Bruce Mitchell over this piece, did Bruce have the ability to publish articles without Wade’s prior knowledge and consent? If Wade had a say in advance, and therefore presumably read the article and gave it a green light as is instead of saying no to publishing it or asking for rewrites, why is Bruce taking the heat?
It's Wade's site and he's supposed to be the editor and the supervisor.  It seems that Mitchell is able to post things directly to the site without Keller's approval.  If Keller was a real editor, obviously he'd never allow that to happen.  Or worse, Keller gave it a quick glance and allowed it to be posted. 

This is a bit like the Jim Cornette/NWA situation, although maybe not as bad.  In that case they had weeks to edit out the comments and obviously no one saw anything wrong with it until the backlash started on Twitter.  Everyone who saw the show ahead of time, from production staff right up to Billy Corgan, would've had to be removed as well if it was that bad.  In this case, Keller was negligent in his editorial duties and he should accept blame as well.  It's easy to fire the employee for a perceived lapse, not so easy to take responsibility for running your company and keeping the staff in line. 

Pretty sad that Wade's been working with Mitchell for almost 30 years now on the Torch and can't trust him enough to post shit on his own without Wade having to proof-read it and babysit him.
I heard Mitchell interviewed once.  Might have been on Between the Sheets.  Listening to him speak, along with his mannerisms and interactions (with Bix and Zelner, mind you, who have their own issues), I wasn't left with a great impression of him.   



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Dec 31st, 2020 01:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 7406
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
How long before Bix begs for the slot?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Dec 31st, 2020 03:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
freebirdsforever2019



Joined: Sat Nov 23rd, 2019
Location:  
Posts: 1172
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: I saw that CM Punk is donating all of the proceeds to his t-shirt sales to the Huber family for the next month. AEW is donating a portion of the merch proceeds plus 100% of the Dark Order merch proceeds to the Huber family for an undisclosed amount of time. I think that's genuine and great. I don't even know how well Punk knew him, but it shows that unlike so many wrestlers that pay lip service, he actually follows through. Good for everybody, and I hope that all of these wrestlers that say they will take care of the wife and kids actually follow through with whatever they can - financial or not - the way Punk is doing. Wouldn't shock me at all either if Tony Khan paid out the remainder of the contract.
nm

Last edited on Thu Dec 31st, 2020 03:35 am by freebirdsforever2019

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Dec 31st, 2020 01:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
martini
Wrestling Classics Owner


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4204
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
So Dr. Mask isn't weighing in much over at WC, but Nurse O'Sullivan sure is in on journalistic integrity (LOL) on Bruce Mitchell.



____________________
Shaken, but not stirred.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Jan 1st, 2021 10:47 am
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
yellowdog



Joined: Fri Mar 5th, 2010
Location: New Bern, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3840
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
tamalie wrote: I saw nothing wrong with this column. He asked a question that is yet unanswered but was worth asking and he did so in a reasonable manner with a goal of looking for a Covid connection, even if indirect, to Brodie Lee’s death that could motivate the WWE and AEW to take greater concern and responsibility towards their personnel who have contracted and may yet contract this illness. Brodie’s widow being upset is completely understandable. His death is and will be a sore subject with her for a long time and possibly forever. She is under no obligation to say anything about how he died that she doesn’t want to. However, that shouldn’t preclude Bruce, Wade, Dave, Alvarez, Bix, Sempervive, Scherer or anyone else from asking the question.

Regarding Wade Keller firing Bruce Mitchell over this piece, did Bruce have the ability to publish articles without Wade’s prior knowledge and consent? If Wade had a say in advance, and therefore presumably read the article and gave it a green light as is instead of saying no to publishing it or asking for rewrites, why is Bruce taking the heat?
thank you Tamalie for being the voice of reason in this debate.  As for Bruce's firing... this has been a long time coming...the most recent event just a tipping point in their relationship giving Wade a convenient out.  



____________________
"It's a Dog Eat Dog World"
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Jan 3rd, 2021 08:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56352
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dave Scherer has weighed in on Mitchell:

As anyone who has followed my work for a while knows, I have always had zero respect for Bruce Mitchell due to the things he written, as well as personal interactions I have had with him. For instance, in the past, he referenced a female valet as “stick girl” and inferred she had an eating disorder, just because she was thin. Having known her personally, and broken bread with her many times, I know for a fact that wasn’t true but even if I didn’t, he surely didn’t know what he wrote WAS true. His words hurt that woman, and he clearly couldn’t care less. So sadly, when he wrote the hideous, horrible column that he did, I was not surprised. The fact that he would write that column while a widow was grieving loss of her husband, at Christmas no less, and then felt forced to defend herself is heinous and completely and utterly rotten. I am also not surprised that despite being taken to task by pretty much everyone in the wrestling business and online for what he wrote, he doubled down and defended it. That is just despicable and shows how self absorbed and lacking empathy he is. I was glad to see him delete his Twitter account. I am not one to say someone should be blackballed but I will say that any site that hires him is hurting their credibility. In a perfect world, we have heard the last of him. The world does not ever need to hear from him again.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Jan 4th, 2021 03:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8138
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Guessing Scherer is referencing Beulah there.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 11:11 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > Bruce Mitchell fired from PWtouch Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems