WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Cops Railroad Bruce Springsteen

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56737
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It turns out that Springsteen's arrest for a DWI was totally bogus.  Probably some Nazi cops still upset over "41 Shots".  Springsteen was stone cold sober when he tried to be nice to some fans and pulled over to take pics with them.  One offered him a shot of tequila.  The cops saw this and arrested him even though the shot was only drink in his system and he blew a 0.2, a quarter of the legal limit, which is 0.8.  That's getting thrown out immediately.  You absolutely can drive after ONE shot, otherwise everyone would be in jail. 

To make matters worse, Cancel Culture even got involved in this nonsense and Jeep dropped him from their new Super Bowl ad without even knowing any of the facts. 

What a complete microcosm of right and left hysteria simultaneously. 

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9227
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Maybe they finally worked out what Born in the USA is about.

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Home Of The Redskins, You Candy Asses. , Washington USA
Posts: 8458
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
What? The cops ran a train on Bruce Springsteen? Gross.


Overzealousness on the cops part no doubt and likely gets the cops some photo ops and or publicity as the cops that brought down big, bad Bruce "Al Capone" Springsteen.


Then the cops get to tell the tale, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, kids, grandkids and their fellow officers with the tale becoming a bigger piece of fiction with each retelling.

Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3664
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: ...To make matters worse, Cancel Culture even got involved in this nonsense and Jeep dropped him from their new Super Bowl ad without even knowing any of the facts.

A Jeep ad with Bruce Springsteen ran during the Super Bowl. I don't think he got dropped by Jeep.

khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 17826
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
You'd love our Drinking and Driving laws in Ontario. You can get fined or suspended license between (as I recall) .03 and .07 to varying degrees, but .08 is the actual "You're driving drunk" line. It's a complete money grab, in theory one drink can get you a fine.

I'm actually an advocate for making it 0.0 to drive here because of this. If it's not ok to drive after one drink, so you get a fine and possibly more, make it zero and be done with it. But, money money money...can't collect bogus fines and points on a driver if you do that.

What happened to Springsteen is an embarrassment, funny enough I never heard anything about it until I caught an article on that yesterday. Should've been a tip off that it was a bogus situation to begin with, a Bruce DUI should have been big news (maybe it was and I missed it).

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56737
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Big Garea Fan wrote: srossi wrote: ...To make matters worse, Cancel Culture even got involved in this nonsense and Jeep dropped him from their new Super Bowl ad without even knowing any of the facts.

A Jeep ad with Bruce Springsteen ran during the Super Bowl. I don't think he got dropped by Jeep.

That's what I said.  The ad ran during the Super Bowl, this news broke a day or two later, and then Jeep dropped it.

Married Jo



Joined: Fri Dec 21st, 2007
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 7195
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Eh, they should have arrested him years ago for his shitty music and thrown him under the jail.

Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3664
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Big Garea Fan wrote: srossi wrote: ...To make matters worse, Cancel Culture even got involved in this nonsense and Jeep dropped him from their new Super Bowl ad without even knowing any of the facts.

A Jeep ad with Bruce Springsteen ran during the Super Bowl. I don't think he got dropped by Jeep.

That's what I said.  The ad ran during the Super Bowl, this news broke a day or two later, and then Jeep dropped it.

Oh ok, my bad. I interpreted your post as Jeep dropped Springsteen from their Super Bowl ad before it aired.


The DWI he is charged with was in November and hasn't gone to trial yet. I guess nobody is presumed innocent anymore.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56737
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Big Garea Fan wrote: srossi wrote: Big Garea Fan wrote: srossi wrote: ...To make matters worse, Cancel Culture even got involved in this nonsense and Jeep dropped him from their new Super Bowl ad without even knowing any of the facts.

A Jeep ad with Bruce Springsteen ran during the Super Bowl. I don't think he got dropped by Jeep.

That's what I said.  The ad ran during the Super Bowl, this news broke a day or two later, and then Jeep dropped it.

Oh ok, my bad. I interpreted your post as Jeep dropped Springsteen from their Super Bowl ad before it aired.


The DWI he is charged with was in November and hasn't gone to trial yet. I guess nobody is presumed innocent anymore.

They have no case.  It will be dropped before it gets to court.  They can try to pursue a misdemeanor since drinking in public is technically illegal and they saw him take the shot, but there’s nothing here that can stick in any really way. 

Last edited on Thu Feb 11th, 2021 06:24 pm by srossi

WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 8034
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Somebody DM me when we get to the part where we wish and fantasize about jailhouse rape for Bruce.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56737
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WongLee wrote: Somebody DM me when we get to the part where we wish and fantasize about jailhouse rape for Bruce.
Do you want me to have katook DM you his fantasies directly?

Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7388
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
WongLee wrote: Somebody DM me when we get to the part where we wish and fantasize about jailhouse rape for Bruce.Would have loved a 1991 Mike Tyson and 2021 Bruce Springsteen during a cell.  I can only imagine the job that “The Boss” would do for “The Baddest Erection On The Planet”.
...does that get things started, WongLee?

khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 17826
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
“Hey Brooth, c’mere, I wanna Futh you up the athhh!”

WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 8034
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: WongLee wrote: Somebody DM me when we get to the part where we wish and fantasize about jailhouse rape for Bruce.Would have loved a 1991 Mike Tyson and 2021 Bruce Springsteen during a cell.  I can only imagine the job that “The Boss” would do for “The Baddest Erection On The Planet”.
...does that get things started, WongLee?
Ummmm.......yeah...................................

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3390
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I missed Rossies Katook comment.My only fantasies involve you, your friend CM, and some bondage with props such as dead kittens, nightsticks,and handcuffs.Bruce Springsteen never entered my thoughts, but if you want to invite him a little extra company won't hurt.Just don't tell anybody, we'll keep it our little secret.

katook



Joined: Tue Sep 21st, 2010
Location: In A Trailerpark Filled With Rednecks, North Carolina USA
Posts: 3390
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Oh yeah, and Dr. Delaware can film it for underground distribution on the internet's

brodiescomics



Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3442
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
DUI was dropped.

https://news.yahoo.com/springsteen-fined-540-drinking-tequila-172210341.html

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 56737
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
brodiescomics wrote: DUI was dropped.

https://news.yahoo.com/springsteen-fined-540-drinking-tequila-172210341.html

The cops are the ones who should be forced to pay the court fees.  What a fucking waste of time, especially during Covid when cases are back-logged like crazy. 



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems