WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
WWE on Peacock  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Apr 7th, 2021 04:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
121st Post
sportatorium roach



Joined: Tue Oct 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1140
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: sportatorium roach wrote: More has been added, I'm currently going through Raw starting in 1996. And so far none of the Golddust and Razor stuff has been edited.Is that the footage where Dustin was being a bit "overzealous" in his portrayal of Goldust?  As in, he was basically dry humping Hall in every sequence?  I remember that time.
Yes, very overzealous is the right word. Also, it's been years since I watched that era of Raw and the PPVs, but I like the weird mix of new generation cartoon stuff and early attitude era.  I think I'll continue to watch, unless they all the sudden put up some World Wide Wrestling episodes from the second half of the '80s lol.

Last edited on Wed Apr 7th, 2021 04:22 pm by sportatorium roach

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 9th, 2021 01:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
122nd Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55961
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Today I got a notification that WWE were refunding me a whopping $2.57 for the early termination of my connection to the Network this month. Going forward everything will be billed with Peacock if you subscribed. So make sure you get your pocket change back. I'm actually surprised they did this and wasn't expecting it, but depending on when your billing period begins, almost no one got a full month this month.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 9th, 2021 01:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
123rd Post
cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3257
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Today I got a notification that WWE were refunding me a whopping $2.57 for the early termination of my connection to the Network this month. Going forward everything will be billed with Peacock if you subscribed. So make sure you get your pocket change back. I'm actually surprised they did this and wasn't expecting it, but depending on when your billing period begins, almost no one got a full month this month.
I got an email yesterday saying I’m getting $0.34 back. Feels just like I’m getting an extra stimulus check. 



____________________
If data, science, and logic offends someone, then they probably need to be offended.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 9th, 2021 06:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
124th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55961
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Peacock emailed me that today is the last day to sign up for 4 months for $9.99. The deal changed so many times and eventually became available to everyone without a password, but it’s finally ending. The problem is you get stuck with commercials for 4 months if you take this deal.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Apr 10th, 2021 11:58 am
  PM Quote Reply
125th Post
glc

 

Joined: Sat Mar 5th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 89
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
sportatorium roach wrote: I fished around and clicking on Starrcade 94, I saw earlier "seasons" of Starrcade on there.
Yup. All the way back to Starrcade 83 - listed as Season 1, Episode 1. Starts right before the bell for Match 1 (Rufus R. Jones & Bugsy McGraw vs The Assassins)
Pretty sure that's the earliest content right now. Although it appears they are adding 80's NWA stuff (Starrcade, Great American Bash). Don't think they were there before (although, as stated, the menus are frustrating as hell to navigate.)
EDIT: They don't seem to editing for blood. In match 2, Scott McGhee is bleeding like a stuck pig, and it's not even digitized.

Last edited on Sat Apr 10th, 2021 12:12 pm by glc

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sun Apr 11th, 2021 05:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
126th Post
bpickering
Hall Of Famer


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 18890
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The Steve Austin-Chris Jericho Broken Skull Sessions podcast is already up on Peacock



____________________
"22 years of my fucking life just got fucking ruined!!!!"---Fan outside Wrestlemania XXX

PRO WRESTLING HALL OF FAME: http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/old (updated September 2 2018)

RIP UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 1776-2016 REBORN 2021
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sun Apr 11th, 2021 06:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
127th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55961
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
bpickering wrote: The Steve Austin-Chris Jericho Broken Skull Sessions podcast is already up on Peacock
They never advertised it at all. 



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 14th, 2021 12:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
128th Post
Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 8971
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE released their SEC filings yesterday. Of interest was this:

"Their management incentive plan (MIP) payouts (between 50-100% of salary) are based on a point system on the following personal and company-wide performance metrics: 40% strategic objectives (viewership with a benchmark of certain key TV ratings); 40% for the next iteration of WWE Network (acquiring a domestic network license); 10% for sponsorship business opportunities; and 10% for brand strength measurements (increasing WWE ratings among sports fans)."

So 40% of management bonus was for "acquiring a domestic network license" which means that selling the WWE Network was a stated objective for 2020.



____________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 14th, 2021 01:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
129th Post
srossi
Hall Of Famer
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55961
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: WWE released their SEC filings yesterday. Of interest was this:

"Their management incentive plan (MIP) payouts (between 50-100% of salary) are based on a point system on the following personal and company-wide performance metrics: 40% strategic objectives (viewership with a benchmark of certain key TV ratings); 40% for the next iteration of WWE Network (acquiring a domestic network license); 10% for sponsorship business opportunities; and 10% for brand strength measurements (increasing WWE ratings among sports fans)."

So 40% of management bonus was for "acquiring a domestic network license" which means that selling the WWE Network was a stated objective for 2020.

I vaguely remember this being talked about a year or two ago.  That's been an incentive for a while.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Wed Apr 14th, 2021 02:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
130th Post
Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3568
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Big Garea Fan wrote: Boz1515 wrote: srossi wrote: So apparently you get the discounted rate of $9.99 for 4 months no matter what now. Their promo code of PEACOCKMANIA doesn’t work and the deal is automatic, so what was the point of advertising the promo code every week for 2 months? Then I tried to sign up and I already had an account from the free version so it didn’t let me. Then I had to upgrade my account instead and the autofill inexplicably didn’t work. So after filling in everything again they finally took my money. And the platform sucks. My wife is using the account to watch the reboot of “Saved By the Bell” right now so it’s clearly money well spent.
I had a very similar problem.  Peacock insists that I automatically have Peacock Premium since I'm an Xfinity customer, and it won't allow me to use the promo code to pay $2.50 a month for the first 4 months.  It acts like I already have access to everything for free as an Xfinity customer, but that can't be right.


I think Xfinity is right. They have sent numerous e-mails stating that if you are an Xfinity customer (even if you only have Internet service) then you get Peacock Premium for free. I think that you might need the Xfinity Flex device to access it though. The Flex device should also be free, you just need to order it from Xfinity.

I finally got around to ordering the Xfinity Flex device. I have Xfinity for Internet but not for cable TV so the Flex device was free and also came with a free Peacock Premium subscription. I installed the Flex device but it would glitch every 3-5 seconds so I uninstalled it. I was able to install the Peacock app on my Roku TV and then log into the free Peacock Premium account using the username that had been set up on the Flex device (Xfinity didn't tell me what the password was for the Peacock subscription but I was able to change it using the PeacockTV website). So now I can watch WWE on Peacock (and other Peacock Premium programs) using my Roku TV at no additional charge.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Wed Apr 14th, 2021 04:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
131st Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2447
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Big Garea Fan wrote: Big Garea Fan wrote: Boz1515 wrote: srossi wrote: So apparently you get the discounted rate of $9.99 for 4 months no matter what now. Their promo code of PEACOCKMANIA doesn’t work and the deal is automatic, so what was the point of advertising the promo code every week for 2 months? Then I tried to sign up and I already had an account from the free version so it didn’t let me. Then I had to upgrade my account instead and the autofill inexplicably didn’t work. So after filling in everything again they finally took my money. And the platform sucks. My wife is using the account to watch the reboot of “Saved By the Bell” right now so it’s clearly money well spent.
I had a very similar problem.  Peacock insists that I automatically have Peacock Premium since I'm an Xfinity customer, and it won't allow me to use the promo code to pay $2.50 a month for the first 4 months.  It acts like I already have access to everything for free as an Xfinity customer, but that can't be right.


I think Xfinity is right. They have sent numerous e-mails stating that if you are an Xfinity customer (even if you only have Internet service) then you get Peacock Premium for free. I think that you might need the Xfinity Flex device to access it though. The Flex device should also be free, you just need to order it from Xfinity.

I finally got around to ordering the Xfinity Flex device. I have Xfinity for Internet but not for cable TV so the Flex device was free and also came with a free Peacock Premium subscription. I installed the Flex device but it would glitch every 3-5 seconds so I uninstalled it. I was able to install the Peacock app on my Roku TV and then log into the free Peacock Premium account using the username that had been set up on the Flex device (Xfinity didn't tell me what the password was for the Peacock subscription but I was able to change it using the PeacockTV website). So now I can watch WWE on Peacock (and other Peacock Premium programs) using my Roku TV at no additional charge.

Nice.  Yeah, it happens to be available on this Vizio tv I got last year.  I noticed the picture quality frequently blurred when I was watching Wrestlemania, but hey, it's free.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 15th, 2021 12:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
132nd Post
sportatorium roach



Joined: Tue Oct 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1140
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Nice to see the first season of Wrestling Challenge is back up since I just started on it before the change over.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 15th, 2021 02:48 am
  PM Quote Reply
133rd Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 14269
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Wrestlemania 37 was the only thing I watched on Peacock and I got my flex device about 6 months ago.



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Apr 15th, 2021 10:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
134th Post
Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2447
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
sportatorium roach wrote: Nice to see the first season of Wrestling Challenge is back up since I just started on it before the change over.
Yeah that's a great sign.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Apr 15th, 2021 11:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
135th Post
Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3568
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Are the old MSG / Spectrum / Cap Center house shows on the WWE on Peacock? If so, I can't find them.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 08:10 pm Page:  First Page Previous Page  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE on Peacock Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems