WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Pro Wrestling > WWE Hall of Fame 2021

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE will stream a Hall of Fame ceremony on Tuesday 4/6 on Peacock.The plan is to include the 2020 Hall of Fame class members that did not yet get to have their official inductions due to the COVID-19 pandemic as well as new members for 2021.



First Member of Class of 2021 
Molly Holly 


Class of 2020 

NWO, Batista, JBL, Davey Boy Smith, Jushin "Thunder" Liger,  The Bella Twins 

Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8402
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
So this will be a 13 hour show this year? :)

martini
Wrestling Classics Owner


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4222
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Do you think they burn a bonafide main eventer this year with no chance to draw a crowd?

One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 7635
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
It's a good year to do posthumous inductions, like 3-4 that would take up only 5 minutes of airtime. It could even be a late celebrity that fits like Regis Philbin.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Do they need to add more this year? They're already running out of anyone remotely HOF-worthy, so why not skip a year and just put on last year's show? It's a good excuse to slow down and not run out of people by 2025 because no one is looking forward to the surprise return and induction of Zack Ryder. And that's where we're heading.

Also, you can’t help but think that Christian was a slam dunk this year, right?  Unless they were going to hold off because they were expecting him to return to the ring full-time for them. 

One Fan Gang



Joined: Wed Apr 22nd, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 7635
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
With all the technological advances today they can have a room full of Deep Fake seat fillers and everyone from Haystack Calhoun to Giant Baba to Otto Wanz can sit side by side while anyone they choose to exhume for the honors will be up there delivering their Titan-approved acceptance speech. Actually that may be their next way to monetize their library; custom dream matches using classic stars competing as projected onto modern bodies.

Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8402
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
One Fan Gang wrote: It's a good year to do posthumous inductions, like 3-4 that would take up only 5 minutes of airtime. It could even be a late celebrity that fits like Regis Philbin.

Regis is actually a great choice.  I know these celebrity spots usually go to someone who made a couple of Wrestlemania appearances (Trump, Mr. T, Pete Rose, Uecker).  I guess Regis only made one, but he did MORE for wrestling with all of the guest interviews on his show than all of those other HOFs combined.  Regis sold a lot of tickets for Vince.  

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
One Fan Gang wrote: It's a good year to do posthumous inductions, like 3-4 that would take up only 5 minutes of airtime. It could even be a late celebrity that fits like Regis Philbin.
This would be a good plan.  They should put King Kong Bundy in, and move Davey Boy to this category as well.


Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote:  They're already running out of anyone remotely HOF-worthy, so why not skip a year and just put on last year's show? 
You’re not wrong, but I won’t feel satisfied until these guys go in:
King Kong Bundy
Ken Patera
Slick
One Man Gang
Demolition

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Blazer wrote: One Fan Gang wrote: It's a good year to do posthumous inductions, like 3-4 that would take up only 5 minutes of airtime. It could even be a late celebrity that fits like Regis Philbin.

Regis is actually a great choice.  I know these celebrity spots usually go to someone who made a couple of Wrestlemania appearances (Trump, Mr. T, Pete Rose, Uecker).  I guess Regis only made one, but he did MORE for wrestling with all of the guest interviews on his show than all of those other HOFs combined.  Regis sold a lot of tickets for Vince.  

Regis would be a good one for the celebrity spot.  Since Mr. T's induction, I think the most glaring omission in this category is now Cyndi Lauper.

Infamous
必 勝


Joined: Mon Oct 25th, 2010
Location: Slums Of Shaolin
Posts: 2646
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Lex Luger
Keiji Mutoh
Ronnie Garvin

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9474
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I hope WWE fans really like wrestling:

MON - Raw
TUE - Hall of Fame
WED - NXT TakeOver Night 1 (USA)
THU - NXT TakeOver Night 2 (Peacock)
FRI - Smackdown
SAT - WrestleMania Night 1
SUN - WrestleMania Night 2
MON - Raw
TUE - NXT (First Tuesday show)

Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7553
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame?

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9474
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame?
Sable isn't in the HOF. She probably deserves to be as much as Torrie Wilson. Also Terri Runnels, but I think all the other women who wrestled before 2002 are in now.

khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 18008
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame?Sigh. It's because EVERY WOMAN IN THE WWE EVER IS/WAS STRONG AND BRAVE!(Well except for Moolah, she's cancelled I think because pimping or something...Plus those pointy boobs are just unsightly.)

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame
If you were a female born before 1980, you were a trailblazer.  You were also a racist.  Unless you're black.  But either way, you're definitely transphobic.

Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7553
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame
If you were a female born before 1980, you were a trailblazer.  You were also a racist.  Unless you're black.  But either way, you're definitely transphobic.
It's really hard to keep up with the woke movement.  It changes every day.

WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 8074
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame
If you were a female born before 1980, you were a trailblazer.  You were also a racist.  Unless you're black.  But either way, you're definitely transphobic.
It's really hard to keep up with the woke movement.  It changes every day.
Why are you making such a hateful statement? Trans-racist much? You sound like someone who's self loathing because they know that deep down they're binary fluid and aren't courageous enough to admit it to your grandparents. It's 2021. If you don't feel raped after watching a Harvey Weinstein movie then you may as well go back to making sculptures of Robert E. Lee.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WongLee wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame
If you were a female born before 1980, you were a trailblazer.  You were also a racist.  Unless you're black.  But either way, you're definitely transphobic.
It's really hard to keep up with the woke movement.  It changes every day.
Why are you making such a hateful statement? Trans-racist much? You sound like someone who's self loathing because they know that deep down they're binary fluid and aren't courageous enough to admit it to your grandparents. It's 2021. If you don't feel raped after watching a Harvey Weinstein movie then you may as well go back to making sculptures of Robert E. Lee.

Harvey Weinstein = bad
Harvey Wippleman = trans trailblazer

khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 18008
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame
If you were a female born before 1980, you were a trailblazer.  You were also a racist.  Unless you're black.  But either way, you're definitely transphobic.
It's really hard to keep up with the woke movement.  It changes every day.
Why are you making such a hateful statement? Trans-racist much? You sound like someone who's self loathing because they know that deep down they're binary fluid and aren't courageous enough to admit it to your grandparents. It's 2021. If you don't feel raped after watching a Harvey Weinstein movie then you may as well go back to making sculptures of Robert E. Lee.

Harvey Weinstein = bad
Harvey Wippleman = trans trailblazer
Harvey Firestein = Stunning and Brave?

WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 8074
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
khawk wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame
If you were a female born before 1980, you were a trailblazer.  You were also a racist.  Unless you're black.  But either way, you're definitely transphobic.
It's really hard to keep up with the woke movement.  It changes every day.
Why are you making such a hateful statement? Trans-racist much? You sound like someone who's self loathing because they know that deep down they're binary fluid and aren't courageous enough to admit it to your grandparents. It's 2021. If you don't feel raped after watching a Harvey Weinstein movie then you may as well go back to making sculptures of Robert E. Lee.

Harvey Weinstein = bad
Harvey Wippleman = trans trailblazer
Harvey Firestein = Stunning and Brave?
Now you're catching on!

khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 18008
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
khawk wrote: srossi wrote: WongLee wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame
If you were a female born before 1980, you were a trailblazer.  You were also a racist.  Unless you're black.  But either way, you're definitely transphobic.
It's really hard to keep up with the woke movement.  It changes every day.
Why are you making such a hateful statement? Trans-racist much? You sound like someone who's self loathing because they know that deep down they're binary fluid and aren't courageous enough to admit it to your grandparents. It's 2021. If you don't feel raped after watching a Harvey Weinstein movie then you may as well go back to making sculptures of Robert E. Lee.

Harvey Weinstein = bad
Harvey Wippleman = trans trailblazer
Harvey Firestein = Stunning and Brave?
Harvey Milk = Brave until shot Dead

Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7553
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WongLee wrote: Superstar wrote: srossi wrote: Superstar wrote: I just have to say this and I don't want to make it sound like I'm knocking anybody - but is it just me or is every single woman from the Attitude Era in the Hall of Fame now? I know that Kat isn't, and neither is Tori, but they were in and out pretty quickly. Who's left? And for that matter, how many females from the 2000s are left before they induct all of them? Mickie James and Victoria will eventually go in. I get it, the Hall of Fame is for fun and there's no real criteria, but when the entire roster ends up in the Hall of Fame, why have a Hall of Fame
If you were a female born before 1980, you were a trailblazer.  You were also a racist.  Unless you're black.  But either way, you're definitely transphobic.
It's really hard to keep up with the woke movement.  It changes every day.
Why are you making such a hateful statement? Trans-racist much? You sound like someone who's self loathing because they know that deep down they're binary fluid and aren't courageous enough to admit it to your grandparents. It's 2021. If you don't feel raped after watching a Harvey Weinstein movie then you may as well go back to making sculptures of Robert E. Lee.
Before I sculpt my Robert E Lee tribute sculptures, I make sure to squirt some of my binary fluid into the mix.  Does this make things any less hateful?  I also let everybody know that I don't condone the actions of Harvey Weinstein the night that he bent Ashley Judd over and violated her with the tennis ball off of the bottom of his walker leg.  Everything up until that point was consensual, you know - he's an honest man, and she's one of them money grubbin' wimmins.

broke



Joined: Tue Jan 22nd, 2008
Location: Bolton, ON
Posts: 3409
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Ixnay on Whippleman. We already proved his connection with the elite left.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Eric Bischoff is the latest inductee for 2021, and you have to wonder if the deal includes Bischoff no longer appearing in AEW.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9474
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Eric Bischoff is the latest inductee for 2021, and you have to wonder if the deal includes Bischoff no longer appearing in AEW.

That would be height of pettiness. Bischoff probably also has to agree to have his head shaved and be thrown in the garbage again.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: Eric Bischoff is the latest inductee for 2021, and you have to wonder if the deal includes Bischoff no longer appearing in AEW.

That would be height of pettiness. Bischoff probably also has to agree to have his head shaved and be thrown in the garbage again.

WWE has been much more petty in the past.  I could see them being annoyed that Bischoff keeps appearing on Dynamite and using the HOF and a legends contract with this contingency as a way to stop it. 

martini
Wrestling Classics Owner


Joined: Fri Aug 13th, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 4222
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Eric Bischoff is the latest inductee for 2021, and you have to wonder if the deal includes Bischoff no longer appearing in AEW.I would highly doubt that. Bischoff ain't gonna move a ratings needle enough to worry about in 2021. 

Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3217
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
eric definately desrves to be in there. Molly though? i am surprised Tony Garea was not put in at some point.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
So Bischoff goes in on his own in the class of 2021, but he was omitted from the 2020 nWo induction that will be happening the same day?  Ok then.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Rob Van Dam will be inducted this year.

Batista is out though. He's filming overseas and can't attend this year. They will try to induct him again next year. Third time's the charm. He was quietly removed from the HOF section.

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kane will be in this years class

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Great Khali. LOL

khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 18008
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Great Khali. LOLSeriously?

Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8402
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
You're joking me.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
No joke. Reported by Bleacher Report.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
khawk wrote: srossi wrote: Great Khali. LOLSeriously?

Yeah that's right.  Demolition, Slickster, King Kong Bundy, Ken Patera, Rick Martel, One Man Gang, step aside.  The Great Khali is coming through.

khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 18008
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Speaking of which, are there any Old-Old School wrestlers going in this year? Maybe someone they will announce shortly?

cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3311
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The Hall of Existence just keeps getting better and better.

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Hall of fame will not be live as they are taping the HOF Tuesday March 30 & Thursday April 1st

Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3217
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jim Cornette said if Khali is going in you might as well induct David Arquette and Vince Russo. he is right. when is El Gigante going in? 

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9474
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Spatulapup wrote: Jim Cornette said if Khali is going in you might as well induct David Arquette and Vince Russo. he is right. when is El Gigante going in? 
Khali is going in because it will be a big deal in India. It's purely a marketing tactic.


Last edited on Sun Mar 28th, 2021 06:59 pm by Kriss

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Spatulapup wrote: Jim Cornette said if Khali is going in you might as well induct David Arquette and Vince Russo. he is right. when is El Gigante going in? 
Khali is going in because it will be a big deal in India. It's purely a marketing tactic.

They just did the deal with all of his students on a WWE Network special in an attempt to break into the Indian market. This is clearly related. 

Spatulapup

 

Joined: Mon Nov 22nd, 2010
Location:  
Posts: 3217
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I realize that but that should not be the reason to go in.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9474
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: Spatulapup wrote: Jim Cornette said if Khali is going in you might as well induct David Arquette and Vince Russo. he is right. when is El Gigante going in? 
Khali is going in because it will be a big deal in India. It's purely a marketing tactic.

They just did the deal with all of his students on a WWE Network special in an attempt to break into the Indian market. This is clearly related. 

Have WWE really been tricked by the "there are 1.3 billion people in India, it's a huge market" spin? About 1/5 of them live in poverty by Indian standards, let alone US standards. 1.2999 billion Indians aren't going to spend even one rupee on WWE.

Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8402
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Three Indian guys running two million computer bots with IPs originating from India.

Big Garea Fan

 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 3731
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: Spatulapup wrote: Jim Cornette said if Khali is going in you might as well induct David Arquette and Vince Russo. he is right. when is El Gigante going in? 
Khali is going in because it will be a big deal in India. It's purely a marketing tactic.

They just did the deal with all of his students on a WWE Network special in an attempt to break into the Indian market. This is clearly related. 

Have WWE really been tricked by the "there are 1.3 billion people in India, it's a huge market" spin? About 1/5 of them live in poverty by Indian standards, let alone US standards. 1.2999 billion Indians aren't going to spend even one rupee on WWE.
Whatever happened to Ring Ka King?

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Former WWE Champion Rob Van Dam, who was one of the most popular figures in the history of Extreme Championship Wrestling, was officially revealed for the 2021 WWE Hall of Fame Class today. WWE released the announcement via FOX Sports.

The Hall of Fame induction was initially revealed last week by Van Dam's longtime friend and partner Sabu.

RVD joins Eric Bischoff, Molly Holly and Kane in the 2021 Class, who will be inducted alongside the 2020 Class in a broadcast presentation on Tuesday 4/6 on the WWE Network and Peacock.

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE announced today that iconic Star Trek actor William Shatner will be the 2021 Celebrity Wing inductee into the 2021 WWE Hall of Fame Class. The announcement was made via USA Today.

"It's very much the same, the approbation, the joy," Shatner told USA Today. "The enthusiasm the wrestling audience shows toward its favorite people is not dissimilar to the enthusiasm 'Star Trek' fans show."

Shatner has made numerous appearances on WWE programming over the years. In 1995, he appeared on Monday Night Raw in an in-ring King's Court segment where he nailed Jerry Lawler with a monkey flip.

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE taped portions of the Hall of Fame today for the Class of 2020.

-Jerry Lawler hosted the proceedings.

-Diana Hart, Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Georgia Smith accepted on behalf of Davey Boy Smith. They had a bulldog with them.

-Sean Waltman was honored as a member of the NWO alongside Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.

-Jushin Liger was not present.

Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9474
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Add Ozzy Osbourne to this year's Hall of Fame. This is all taped now, and Ozzy was not there in person.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: Add Ozzy Osbourne to this year's Hall of Fame. This is all taped now, and Ozzy was not there in person.
Would anyone have been able to understand anything in his acceptance speech?  Maybe it was for the best lol.  

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: Kriss wrote: Add Ozzy Osbourne to this year's Hall of Fame. This is all taped now, and Ozzy was not there in person.
Would anyone have been able to understand anything in his acceptance speech?  Maybe it was for the best lol. 

What's the point of rushing him in with 86 other people if he's not even going to show up?

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: Kriss wrote: Add Ozzy Osbourne to this year's Hall of Fame. This is all taped now, and Ozzy was not there in person.
Would anyone have been able to understand anything in his acceptance speech?  Maybe it was for the best lol. 

What's the point of rushing him in with 86 other people if he's not even going to show up?

Good question.  I'm guessing since they are doing two classes at once, they thought they needed another celebrity, preferably someone who couldn't show up to speed the show up.  It still seems silly.  

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Titus O'Neil has been named the recipient of the 2020 Warrior Award

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
bpickering wrote: Titus O'Neil has been named the recipient of the 2020 Warrior Award
I hope Titus tries to shake Vince's hand on stage and he runs away shrieking "GET THE BLACK OFF ME!!!" like last time.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
PWInsider:

When WWE taped the WWE Hall of Fame proceedings last week, they were different from any previous HOF presentation in that there were no official inductors for the Hall of Fame inductees. PWInsider.com is told that in many, if not all cases, WWE ran a video package for each inductee then introduced them to give a speech accepting the honor.

Due to the sheer amount of talents involved this year with the company inducting the 2020 and 2021 Classes, the speeches were kept to a very brief minimum, in some cases as short as 4-5 minutes. We are told that for speeches that ran long, there will likely be editing involved.

Jushin Liger was not in attendance and accepted via video.

William Shatner is considered part of the 2020 Class, which had not announced an official Celebrity inductee last year before it was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

stingmark

 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cop City, California USA
Posts: 9397
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I'm not sure how badly Demolition has pissed off Vince, but it couldn't have been as bad as UW to not be inducted yet. JFC, Vince is running out of people to make his HOF relevant and worthy. Both Darsow and Eadie have said they'd go in if asked to.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
stingmark wrote: I'm not sure how badly Demolition has pissed off Vince, but it couldn't have been as bad as UW to not be inducted yet. JFC, Vince is running out of people to make his HOF relevant and worthy. Both Darsow and Eadie have said they'd go in if asked to.
Yeah ridiculous.  No way they are on worse terms than Warrior, Bruno, and Billy Graham were before they went in.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: stingmark wrote: I'm not sure how badly Demolition has pissed off Vince, but it couldn't have been as bad as UW to not be inducted yet. JFC, Vince is running out of people to make his HOF relevant and worthy. Both Darsow and Eadie have said they'd go in if asked to.
Yeah ridiculous.  No way they are on worse terms than Warrior, Bruno, and Billy Graham were before they went in.


The lawsuit is very recent. I think they were still suing as of last year. Give it another year. 

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WWE issued the following:

Long-Time WWE® Employee Rich Hering to Receive “Warrior Award”
04/06/2021

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that Rich Hering has been named the recipient of the 2021 Warrior Award. Named after WWE Hall of Famer The Ultimate Warrior®, The Warrior Award is presented to an individual who has exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of The Ultimate Warrior.

As WWE’s Senior Vice President of Government Relations and Risk Management, Hering began his career more than 50 years ago with Vince McMahon’s father, Vincent J. McMahon, and helped WWE expand from a regional promotion into the juggernaut it is today. Whether it is leading security efforts, working with state athletic commissions and other organizations on WWE events or overseeing the health and well-being of WWE talent and fans, Hering has consistently gone above and beyond the call of his day-to-day responsibilities.

“On behalf of everyone at WWE, we are proud to present Rich Hering with this incredible honor,” said Stephanie McMahon, WWE Chief Brand Officer. “Rich has dedicated more than half a century to WWE and the WWE Universe, and has truly seen and done it all. From ensuring the health and safety of WWE Superstars and employees; presiding over the wedding of Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth; and being an ‘uncle’ to Dana Warrior and her children, Mattie and Indy, there is no one more deserving of this accolade.”

The Warrior Award presentation will be part of the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, streaming tonight exclusively on Peacock at 8 pm ET in the U.S. and on WWE Network everywhere else.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It sounds like this is the guy who negotiated the Saudi Arabia blood money deal. Glad such an upstanding fellow is finally getting his just reward.

Erick Von Erich

 

Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2015
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 875
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Actually, looks like he was the inspiration for Papa Smurf:

Attachment: hering-papa-smurf.jpg (Downloaded 27 times)

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Trying to watch this shit and forgot that Peacock won’t let you pause “live” TV even though this was actually taped. I’m just going to turn it off because I can’t possibly watch it for 4 hours straight right now. This platform is a fucking disaster.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Yeah when I logged in it looked like it had some type of countdown screen that ran for about 45 minutes before the show actually started.  JBL went in first, no inductee, just Jerry Lawler bringing him out.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: Yeah when I logged in it looked like it had some type of countdown screen that ran for about 45 minutes before the show actually started.  JBL went in first, no inductee, just Jerry Lawler bringing him out.
It said the show was starting “in seconds” and they had that up a full hour before it started. I thought it was starting at 7pm the way the home screen looked, but it started at 8pm. How the hell is this the best platform that a mega-corporation like NBC Universal come up with?

cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3311
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Yeah this sucks live. And the fake crowd reactions are terrible. What used to be an awesome night isn’t the same with fucking video screens and piped in reactions.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: Yeah when I logged in it looked like it had some type of countdown screen that ran for about 45 minutes before the show actually started.  JBL went in first, no inductee, just Jerry Lawler bringing him out.
It said the show was starting “in seconds” and they had that up a full hour before it started. I thought it was starting at 7pm the way the home screen looked, but it started at 8pm. How the hell is this the best platform that a mega-corporation like NBC Universal come up with?

So far Peacock looks like a big miss, not as good as the old Network even at the start way back in 2014, which is just embarrassing.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Bulldog went in second, Liger 3rd.  Long interview segments with current talent between inductions that seem unnecessary.  William Shatner is next.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Shatner did his from home, and his acceptance speech had to be less than a minute.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cookie32723 wrote: Yeah this sucks live. And the fake crowd reactions are terrible. What used to be an awesome night isn’t the same with fucking video screens and piped in reactions.
Definitely not as good as the live ones with a crowd, but somehow I've been looking forward to this far more than Wrestlemania.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Legacy inductions:  Ray Stevens, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Baron Michele Leone, Gary Hart, Brickhouse Brown.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Here come the Bella Twins next.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: Legacy inductions:  Ray Stevens, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Baron Michele Leone, Gary Hart, Brickhouse Brown.


Brickhouse Brown?  Is he the least heralded legacy HOFer ever?  Who inside of WWE pushed for him?  There’s no way Vince even knows who he is. He was never even a top 5 star in any of the smaller territories. 

cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3311
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: cookie32723 wrote: Yeah this sucks live. And the fake crowd reactions are terrible. What used to be an awesome night isn’t the same with fucking video screens and piped in reactions.
Definitely not as good as the live ones with a crowd, but somehow I've been looking forward to this far more than Wrestlemania.

Yeah I agree, I always look more forward to the HOF than Mania. I just really don’t like this year’s production with no live crowd. With them wanting the first live crowd for Mania I guess there was no other alternative since they weren’t going to do this after Mania. 

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cookie32723 wrote: Boz1515 wrote: cookie32723 wrote: Yeah this sucks live. And the fake crowd reactions are terrible. What used to be an awesome night isn’t the same with fucking video screens and piped in reactions.
Definitely not as good as the live ones with a crowd, but somehow I've been looking forward to this far more than Wrestlemania.

Yeah I agree, I always look more forward to the HOF than Mania. I just really don’t like this year’s production with no live crowd. With them wanting the first live crowd for Mania I guess there was no other alternative since they weren’t going to do this after Mania. 

From what I saw of JBL’s speech, it was edited so severely and incoherently that it was barely worth watching. It’s painfully obvious it’s not live and was chopped to bits. 

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Boz1515 wrote: Legacy inductions:  Ray Stevens, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Baron Michele Leone, Gary Hart, Brickhouse Brown.


"Brickhouse Brown?  Is he the least heralded legacy HOFer ever?  Who inside of WWE pushed for him?  There’s no way Vince even knows who he is. He was never even a top 5 star in any of the smaller territories. 


Probably wanted to recognize an African American.  Titus is getting the Warrior Award, but of course that isn't based on wrestling accomplishments.







Last edited on Wed Apr 7th, 2021 01:23 am by Boz1515

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Titus' speech is the best so far, not even close in my opinion.  He also knocked it out with a lot of details in a very efficient manner.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
nWo closes the first show of course, no one revealing anything new as part of the induction speeches.  All of them looked to be in pretty good health.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The first show ran a little over an hour and a half I think.  They second one is hosted by Corey Graves and Kayla Braxton.  First inductee is Rob Van Dam.

cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3311
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I think the worst part is that everyone has obviously been told to keep their speeches short so nobody is really telling any of the stories that have made the HOF so great in previous years.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cookie32723 wrote: I think the worst part is that everyone has obviously been told to keep their speeches short so nobody is really telling any of the stories that have made the HOF so great in previous years.
Yeah, it feels kind of "paint by numbers," everyone hitting the high spots and moving on.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Rob Van Dam is kind of rambling, talking about "energy," and "changing energy," but he did get his thank you's in toward the end.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Several ads for Wrestlemania here tonight.  The thing is, if you're watching this show, then you already have Peacock and they don't need to be running these same tired commercials.  They already have this audience locked in.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Between inductions, Sasha Banks indicated how "Holly Molly" is so deserving of this HOF induction.  

cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3311
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: cookie32723 wrote: I think the worst part is that everyone has obviously been told to keep their speeches short so nobody is really telling any of the stories that have made the HOF so great in previous years.
Yeah, it feels kind of "paint by numbers," everyone hitting the high spots and moving on.

It’s like a Young Bucks match. Superkick...superkick...superkick...

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Molly Holly was brief, but she did mention the names of all the people who work in the back.  As always, she comes across as a genuinely nice and humble individual.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cookie32723 wrote: Boz1515 wrote: cookie32723 wrote: I think the worst part is that everyone has obviously been told to keep their speeches short so nobody is really telling any of the stories that have made the HOF so great in previous years.
Yeah, it feels kind of "paint by numbers," everyone hitting the high spots and moving on.

It’s like a Young Bucks match. Superkick...superkick...superkick...

Excellent comparison lol.  

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The Great Khali is next, he does his speech from India via video.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The video package for Ozzy was really good.  Tons of the talent have a picture with him and they showed a whole bunch of those.  He had a quick video from home where he thanked Vince and Hunter and said he doesn't deserve the honor, but it's all about the fans.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: Between inductions, Sasha Banks indicated how "Holly Molly" is so deserving of this HOF induction.  
She’s no Cold Stone. 

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Legacy Inductions for 2021:  Dick The Bruiser, Pez Whatley, Buzz Sawyer, Ethel Johnson, Paul Boesch.  

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Bischoff was next, I think he should have gone on last and been given more time.  His was pretty quick and looked heavily edited for time.

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
They put in the guy who worked for the company for 51 years that I've never heard of with the Warrior Award, and finally they finish with Kane.  He also had a pretty good video package.

sportatorium roach



Joined: Tue Oct 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 1193
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I put as much stock in the WWE Hall of Fame as I do in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, but I'm glad to hear Bischoff is in.

Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8402
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: Legacy Inductions for 2021:  Dick The Bruiser, Pez Whatley, Buzz Sawyer, Ethel Johnson, Paul Boesch.  
Pez and Buzz got in? Wow.  

Blazer
MR HOCKEY


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 8402
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
And Brickhouse Brown?

Boz1515



Joined: Sat May 26th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 2643
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Blazer wrote: Boz1515 wrote: Legacy Inductions for 2021:  Dick The Bruiser, Pez Whatley, Buzz Sawyer, Ethel Johnson, Paul Boesch.  
Pez and Buzz got in? Wow.  

Yeah, there were certainly some surprises on that.  Especially Brickhouse Brown.

bpickering
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Tue Nov 13th, 2007
Location: Highspire, Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 19112
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Molly Holly shares full WWE Hall of Fame duction speech


Kriss
Citizen of nowhere


Joined: Wed Dec 12th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 9474
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
"There are only two people to have their head shaved bald at WrestleMania." No love for Adrian Adonis from Molly Holly there.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Kriss wrote: "There are only two people to have their head shaved bald at WrestleMania." No love for Adrian Adonis from Molly Holly there.
Brian Pillman somehow got erased from WWE history last night.  Nothing of him in the Davey Boy Smith video package, OK not a huge deal there.  But then they omitted him from Jushin Liger's video tribute?!  His whole career in America was built off of those early matches, then they did it again on the debut of Nitro.  And WWE mentioned much lesser-known matches with "WWE legends" like Dean Malenko.  WTF?  Who did Pillman piss off after dying?  I can never tell if stuff like this is Vince micro-managing his pettiness, or if Vince is just completely in outer space now and these mistakes are the work of interns getting paid minimum wage who know nothing about wrestling and are just trying to slap something together with minimal effort and zero product knowledge.  Kane put over the "best production team in the world", and they did a great job on his video, but man they phone it in a lot these past 20 years or so. 

kargol



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Brum, United Kingdom
Posts: 5125
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Is Molly Holly the person who has come out of wrestling looking the best? Normally people finish off looking Luger-wrecked but even allowing for makeup she's looking ubergorgeous. Maybe Trish?

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
kargol wrote: Is Molly Holly the person who has come out of wrestling looking the best? Normally people finish off looking Luger-wrecked but even allowing for makeup she's looking ubergorgeous. Maybe Trish?
Most of them have aged well.  Victoria doesn't look much different.  Torrie Wilson, Kelly Kelly, etc. still looking good.

Superstar
'18-'19 POTY, 1st Ballot HOFer


Joined: Thu Jan 31st, 2008
Location: Dickshooter, Idaho USA
Posts: 7553
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: Kriss wrote: "There are only two people to have their head shaved bald at WrestleMania." No love for Adrian Adonis from Molly Holly there.
Brian Pillman somehow got erased from WWE history last night.  Nothing of him in the Davey Boy Smith video package, OK not a huge deal there.  But then they omitted him from Jushin Liger's video tribute?!  His whole career in America was built off of those early matches, then they did it again on the debut of Nitro.  And WWE mentioned much lesser-known matches with "WWE legends" like Dean Malenko.  WTF?  Who did Pillman piss off after dying?  I can never tell if stuff like this is Vince micro-managing his pettiness, or if Vince is just completely in outer space now and these mistakes are the work of interns getting paid minimum wage who know nothing about wrestling and are just trying to slap something together with minimal effort and zero product knowledge.  Kane put over the "best production team in the world", and they did a great job on his video, but man they phone it in a lot these past 20 years or so. 
To eliminate Brian Pillman from Davey Boy's video is not a problem - they truly only crossed paths for a few months in 1997, while Davey Boy spent almost 20 years with WWF and WCW.  Even though to most fans, the '97 version of the Hart Foundation was awesome and the Canadian Stampede PPV was one of the best of it's time, you can say that they just went in a different direction with Bulldog.  To eliminate Flyin Brian from Jushin Liger's video means it's intentional.  As you say, Pillman basically got Liger over in the States and vice versa because they could go toe to toe.  And nobody here can honestly say that they knew who would win any match that they went against each other - these two traded pinfalls all over the world.  One of the best matches I ever saw was those two at the Meadowlands in '91.  Stan Hansen was in the Gorilla Position watching from behind the curtain and only about 10% of the crowd could see him watching in his street clothes, he wasn't on the card.  I was thinking he either was on his way to or from Newark Airport for a Japan tour.

WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 8074
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Boz1515 wrote: Legacy Inductions for 2021:  Dick The Bruiser, Pez Whatley, Buzz Sawyer, Ethel Johnson, Paul Boesch.  I did a bench workout with Pez and Arn Anderson at Golds Gym in Garden City Park I wanna say around 1995. The gym was where all the boys in both WCW and WWF worked out when they had a Nassau Coliseum shot. Pez and Arn were both nice fellas even though I don't think Arn said more than three words. Their gym etiquette was excellent unlike Bill Goldberg a few years later. Pez seemed like a very strong dude even though he didn't show off. I never worked out with Ethel Johnson...or Van Johnson either.

WongLee
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Fri Oct 19th, 2007
Location: Coram, New York
Posts: 8074
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The white man keeping the black woman down again. This would be funny if it wasn't so inept.

https://twitter.com/missezrenee/status/1379794903388028929?s=21

Y’all need to fix this because if you’re going to use my aunt Ethel in the hall of fame at least reach out to the family! And the video you guys used isn’t her!

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 57440
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
WongLee wrote: The white man keeping the black woman down again. This would be funny if it wasn't so inept.

https://twitter.com/missezrenee/status/1379794903388028929?s=21

Y’all need to fix this because if you’re going to use my aunt Ethel in the hall of fame at least reach out to the family! And the video you guys used isn’t her!

In before KGB says "Give Vince a break, they all look a like anyway."



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems