WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Murder most foul, in song

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Murder most foul, in song  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 16th, 2021 09:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 55978
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Franchise wrote: Franchise wrote: Big Garea Fan wrote: One Fan Gang wrote: Big Garea Fan wrote: If suicide counts as murder, then "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam.



I just followed BGF's precedent.   And to continue, I'll add Ode to Billie Joe.
The stories that I have read online say that "Jeremy" was written about a student committing suicide in a classroom in front of his classmates. However, when I read the lyrics, it sounds to me as if Jeremy may have gunned down his classmates instead:

At home drawing pictures
Of mountain tops
With him on top
Lemon yellow sun
Arms raised in a V
And the dead lay in pools of maroon below

What say you? Suicide or school shooting mass murder?


School shooter 


Just watched the video, its a suicide. I never noticed the part where be sticks the gun in his mouth. 


The song is inspired by the real life story of Jeremy Wade Delle, who was 16 and killed himself in English class in 1991. 

http://www.fivehorizons.com/songs/aug99/jeremy_article.shtml



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 16th, 2021 11:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4942
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Hey man nice shot - Filter



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Sat Apr 17th, 2021 01:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
BuddyPSHayes



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Anywhere I Damn Well Please
Posts: 4081
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Timothy - The Buoys



____________________


"The only area I can think of to avoid in Houston is Houston." - srossi
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Sat Apr 17th, 2021 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
carpetbeggar
The Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla


Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Dangling From A Rope Of...CONFETTI!!!
Posts: 12185
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
"All Murder, All Guts, All Fun" by Samhain


"Horror Business" by The Misfits


"Skincarver" by Danzig

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Apr 19th, 2021 01:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
glc

 

Joined: Sat Mar 5th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 89
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BuddyPSHayes wrote: Timothy - The BuoysNice one. Not only do we get a murder, but cannibalism on top of it.
BTW, written by Rupert Holmes (The Pina Colada Song guy)

Last edited on Mon Apr 19th, 2021 01:57 pm by glc

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 19th, 2021 02:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
glc

 

Joined: Sat Mar 5th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 89
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
glc wrote: Tom Dooley - The Kingston Trio
Gotta Get A Message to You - Bee Gees
BTW, both songs are 2 for 1. In each case, the protagonist is about to be executed for the murder that he committed.

Last edited on Mon Apr 19th, 2021 02:04 pm by glc

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Mon Apr 19th, 2021 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
The Ultimate Sin
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 10675
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia. I haven't heard it in years, but the cheatin' wife kills Andy.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Mon Apr 19th, 2021 09:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 45640
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The Ultimate Sin wrote: The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia. I haven't heard it in years, but the cheatin' wife kills Andy.

I thought it was Seth who was killed. Not by the cheatin' wife but by Andy's sister.





Well, they hung my brother before I could say
The tracks he saw while on his way
To Andy's house and back that night were mine
And his cheating wife had never left town
That's one body that'll never be found
You see little sister don't miss when she aims her gun

Last edited on Mon Apr 19th, 2021 09:12 pm by lobo316

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 20th, 2021 04:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
The Ultimate Sin
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 10675
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
lobo316 wrote: The Ultimate Sin wrote: The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia. I haven't heard it in years, but the cheatin' wife kills Andy.

I thought it was Seth who was killed. Not by the cheatin' wife but by Andy's sister.





Well, they hung my brother before I could say
The tracks he saw while on his way
To Andy's house and back that night were mine
And his cheating wife had never left town
That's one body that'll never be found
You see little sister don't miss when she aims her gun


Starts at 3:18... but I think I cued it up correctly.



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 20th, 2021 12:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
glc

 

Joined: Sat Mar 5th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 89
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Another one about murder/cannibalism...

"Nantucket Sleighride" by Mountain

A Nantucket Sleighride is the term referring to the experience of a whaling vessel being towed along by a whale they harpooned.

The song is based on a true story that happened back in 1820. The whaling ship Essex was rammed and sunk by a sperm whale. In the aftermath of the wreck, sailor Owen Coffin was shot and eaten by his shipmates. The First Mate survived and wrote a book about the incident.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Tue Apr 20th, 2021 08:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
lobo316



Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Raptorville
Posts: 45640
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Stagger Lee - various singers
Gotta Get A Message To You - Bee Gees
Don't Take Your Gun To Town - Johnny Cash
Midnight Rambler - Rolling Stones
Bonnie & Clyde - Georgie Fame



Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Tue Apr 20th, 2021 08:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
Erick Von Erich

 

Joined: Thu Mar 26th, 2015
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 840
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Slayer has quite a few, but the one that sticks out to me is "Dead Skin Mask" about Ed Gein.



____________________
http://www.dawrestlingsite.com
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 23rd, 2021 12:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 686
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Franchise wrote: Franchise wrote: Big Garea Fan wrote: One Fan Gang wrote: Big Garea Fan wrote: If suicide counts as murder, then "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam.



I just followed BGF's precedent.   And to continue, I'll add Ode to Billie Joe.
The stories that I have read online say that "Jeremy" was written about a student committing suicide in a classroom in front of his classmates. However, when I read the lyrics, it sounds to me as if Jeremy may have gunned down his classmates instead:

At home drawing pictures
Of mountain tops
With him on top
Lemon yellow sun
Arms raised in a V
And the dead lay in pools of maroon below

What say you? Suicide or school shooting mass murder?


School shooter 


Just watched the video, its a suicide. I never noticed the part where be sticks the gun in his mouth. 

That was edited from a version of the video so it's understandable.



____________________
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Apr 23rd, 2021 12:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
BitterOldMan



Joined: Thu Jun 30th, 2016
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 686
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Franchise wrote: Hey man nice shot - FilterThat's about the suicide of R. Budd Dwyer



____________________
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Apr 23rd, 2021 01:56 am
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 4942
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
BitterOldMan wrote: Franchise wrote: Hey man nice shot - FilterThat's about the suicide of R. Budd Dwyer

It certainly is, i was aware of this back story 



____________________
"Beginning this week, Nitro is going head-to-head with Thunder in Australia" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 22, 2001
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:45 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > Murder most foul, in song Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems