WowBB Forums Home 
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > General Discussion > CDC: BEWARE THE MONKEYPOX VIRUS

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi  
AuthorPost
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 51029
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/index.html

Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1772
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Fuck off to the CDC and the WHO.

KGB

 

Joined: Wed Jul 4th, 2012
Location:  
Posts: 3491
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
The AIDS playbook will be trotted out again. No effort will be spared by TPTB to craft a narrative that monkey pox strikes everyone, everywhere. No mention will be made of the fact that if you're not a man who sticks your cock into the anus of another man, you're pretty much in the clear.


And in the end, it's not like this is a deadly plague.

Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1772
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
That was reported over here. I almost immediately say an article on a big Irish news site about how racism and homophobia needs to be avoided when reporting on the Monkeypox, which apparently started at some gay festival in Spain.

That article seems to have disappeared since.

Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1772
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Also, the thing that's not in any headlines,which you mention: even if you get it you'll probably be fine in a few weeks.

srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61482
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The CDC and WHO have in the past 24 hours emphasized more that this is affecting gay men and are starting awareness campaigns in those communities. They are saying this is not an STD though since it transmits through nasal passages and open sores rather than sexual fluids, but again this is a situation where your odds of getting it are extremely low and your odds of being absolutely fine if you do get it are extremely high. This is not stopping hand-wringing from several of the straight middle-aged women that I'm Facebook friends with who are still in fear of Covid and now think this is going to kill them too.

Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1772
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
I've heard a few women I work with also very concerned about this AND still shitting themselves about Covid. I have Covid again and told me boss who is now terrified of getting it before she gets her 4th (?) shot.

Some people are not ever gonna go back to where they were before Covid.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 10697
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jim_Irish wrote: I've heard a few women I work with also very concerned about this AND still shitting themselves about Covid. I have Covid again and told me boss who is now terrified of getting it before she gets her 4th (?) shot.

Some people are not ever gonna go back to where they were before Covid.


They would probably go back to where they were if people like you did not want to turn every thread into Covid-related thread.  Its about Monkeypox dammit!  Monkeypox, I say! Not covid.  
“The grass is green.”

“Well, yeah, I saw a bunch of people standing by a grass lot waiting to get a covid test.  Have I told you all lately that some people are still in quarantine afraid of Covid and they had their two regular shots and 10 boosters.  And by the way, speaking of green…my friend got his 12th Covid booster and the syringe was green.  Can you believe that?  Just thought I would throw that in here.” 

Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1772
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
I wasn't the one that brought Covid into it, and it is relevant to the media coverage of medical issues like this.

cookie32723



Joined: Thu Oct 18th, 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3609
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
They’re going to push a monkeypox vaccine now that most people have moved on from the Covid vaccines 🤔

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 5848
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Papa Voo wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: I've heard a few women I work with also very concerned about this AND still shitting themselves about Covid. I have Covid again and told me boss who is now terrified of getting it before she gets her 4th (?) shot.

Some people are not ever gonna go back to where they were before Covid.


They would probably go back to where they were if people like you did not want to turn every thread into Covid-related thread.


Seems like a hard thing to walk away from for some certainly those that got covid related tats and turned in neighbors for breaking rules.

Are you normally a believer that if people just stop talking about something other impressionable people will go back to how they used to be?  

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 10697
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Franchise wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: I've heard a few women I work with also very concerned about this AND still shitting themselves about Covid. I have Covid again and told me boss who is now terrified of getting it before she gets her 4th (?) shot.

Some people are not ever gonna go back to where they were before Covid.


They would probably go back to where they were if people like you did not want to turn every thread into Covid-related thread.


Seems like a hard thing to walk away from for some certainly those that got covid related tats and turned in neighbors for breaking rules.

Are you normally a believer that if people just stop talking about something other impressionable people will go back to how they used to be?  


No, but I believe that every thread should revolve around Covid. 

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 10697
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jim_Irish wrote: I wasn't the one that brought Covid into it, and it is relevant to the media coverage of medical issues like this.

Ok. Keep hijacking with Covid talk. 

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 5848
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Papa Voo wrote: Franchise wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: I've heard a few women I work with also very concerned about this AND still shitting themselves about Covid. I have Covid again and told me boss who is now terrified of getting it before she gets her 4th (?) shot.

Some people are not ever gonna go back to where they were before Covid.


They would probably go back to where they were if people like you did not want to turn every thread into Covid-related thread.


Seems like a hard thing to walk away from for some certainly those that got covid related tats and turned in neighbors for breaking rules.

Are you normally a believer that if people just stop talking about something other impressionable people will go back to how they used to be?  


No, but I believe that every thread should revolve around Covid. 


You got some work to do, I see a lot of threads in the Wrestling section without Covid references  

Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1772
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Papa Voo wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: I wasn't the one that brought Covid into it, and it is relevant to the media coverage of medical issues like this.

Ok. Keep hijacking with Covid talk. 

Thank you. 

Big Garea Fan
MR BASKETBALL
 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4506
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
cookie32723 wrote: They’re going to push a monkeypox vaccine now that most people have moved on from the Covid vaccines 🤔
Yep, the US government has spent $119 million for 13 million monkeypox vaccines. Plus, it has the option to buy $180 million more if desired. Gonna push hard to get people to roll up their sleeves to justify the expenditure. The vaccine manufacturer (Bavarian Nordic) must think it has hit the lottery.


https://fortune.com/2022/05/19/monkeypox-vaccine-purchase-2022-us-government/
 

Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1772
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
OK, I'm not following this in any great detail but doesn't the smallpox vaccine give protection against the Monkeypox virus? I thought I read it was 75% effective or something like that.

Big Garea Fan
MR BASKETBALL
 

Joined: Wed Mar 4th, 2009
Location:  
Posts: 4506
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Jim_Irish wrote: OK, I'm not following this in any great detail but doesn't the smallpox vaccine give protection against the Monkeypox virus? I thought I read it was 75% effective or something like that.

Per the CDC, smallpox vaccine is 85% effective against monkeypox


https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/clinicians/smallpox-vaccine.html

Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1772
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
OK, thanks. I knew I'd seen something to that effect.

Papa Voo



Joined: Thu Jan 17th, 2008
Location: Right Outside The Burgh, USA
Posts: 10697
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Franchise wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Franchise wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: I've heard a few women I work with also very concerned about this AND still shitting themselves about Covid. I have Covid again and told me boss who is now terrified of getting it before she gets her 4th (?) shot.

Some people are not ever gonna go back to where they were before Covid.


They would probably go back to where they were if people like you did not want to turn every thread into Covid-related thread.


Seems like a hard thing to walk away from for some certainly those that got covid related tats and turned in neighbors for breaking rules.

Are you normally a believer that if people just stop talking about something other impressionable people will go back to how they used to be?  


No, but I believe that every thread should revolve around Covid. 


You got some work to do, I see a lot of threads in the Wrestling section without Covid references  


Good one, Francis.

gwlee7
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Lewisville, Texas USA
Posts: 5793
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I am way more afraid that some yahoo with a gun is gonna shoot up a school I work at than any I am of Covid, monkeypox, or any person who is gay or trans. These folks shooting up schools need to go the fuck on.

Angelic Assassin



Joined: Mon Dec 27th, 2010
Location: Home Of The Redskins, You Candy Asses. , Washington USA
Posts: 10170
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 

Franchise
Low key big hog


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Cincy, Ohio
Posts: 5848
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
Papa Voo wrote: Franchise wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Franchise wrote: Papa Voo wrote: Jim_Irish wrote: I've heard a few women I work with also very concerned about this AND still shitting themselves about Covid. I have Covid again and told me boss who is now terrified of getting it before she gets her 4th (?) shot.

Some people are not ever gonna go back to where they were before Covid.


They would probably go back to where they were if people like you did not want to turn every thread into Covid-related thread.


Seems like a hard thing to walk away from for some certainly those that got covid related tats and turned in neighbors for breaking rules.

Are you normally a believer that if people just stop talking about something other impressionable people will go back to how they used to be?  


No, but I believe that every thread should revolve around Covid. 


You got some work to do, I see a lot of threads in the Wrestling section without Covid references  


Good one, Francis.


Is that regional saying or more of an old time thing? 

beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 51029
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
With this Monkeypox outbreak, is it still ‘Pride’ month?

beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 51029
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I don't get how (COVID) we can shut down businesses, shut down churches, have people lose their jobs if they don't get vaxxed but we can't tell people 'no gay orgys'

Jim_Irish

 

Joined: Wed Mar 3rd, 2021
Location:  
Posts: 1772
Status: 
Online
Mana: 
beejmi wrote: I don't get how (COVID) we can shut down businesses, shut down churches, have people lose their jobs if they don't get vaxxed but we can't tell people 'no gay orgys'
You don't understand The Science™. 



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems