WowBB Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > CELTICS COACH IN HOT WATER

 Moderated by: Ron, brodiescomics, beejmi Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
CELTICS COACH IN HOT WATER  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 22nd, 2022 12:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
beejmi
THE BIG KAHUNA


Joined: Sat Oct 13th, 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 51462
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
ESPN Sources: Boston Celtics coach Ime Udoka is facing possible disciplinary action – including a significant suspension – for an unspecified violation of organizational guidelines. Discussions are ongoing within the Celtics on a final determination.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Sep 22nd, 2022 12:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61912
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
He slept with a staffer last season, but no further details yet.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Sep 22nd, 2022 02:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2590
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
if they are not going to fire him why did they leak this to the media?


If he broke a company conduct code then he can be easily fired with no issue, so why break this to the media if you don't want to fire him.


He is dating Nia Long but he ain't married to her unless he got the female pregnant, i don't understand why did they release this to the media

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Sep 22nd, 2022 06:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 19430
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I do. If they terminate him it comes out anyways, so by doing this they’re ahead of the game and staying consistent with their own internal policies.

They want him around for a while so a year off saves them having to can him should they have chosen not to say or do anything.

The PC police are less likely to call for his head given the relationship was consensual and he’s black.

This also keeps it from coming back to bite them five years from now, which happens in daily life now and has to be considered.

They think they have a gem for a coach here and because it was an internal conduct violation they should be ok. I hate that they felt a year off was necessary but that year prevents the PC cunt backlash if it had only been for part of a season (like the deshaun Watson initial suspension turned into).



____________________
"It never hurts to use plain language when people are fucking stupid."--gwlee

"wrestling fans need to start taking showers it makes no sense to smell the way they smell"--kk18

"Lard is a food group in Arkansas."-Raditch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Thu Sep 22nd, 2022 10:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Benlen



Joined: Sun Oct 21st, 2007
Location: Milpitas, California USA
Posts: 15336
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: He slept with a staffer last season, but no further details yet.I don't  see why that is a problem unless one or both  were married.



____________________
Only thing harder than achieving excellence is maintaining it.
Dream Well. It may come true.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Thu Sep 22nd, 2022 10:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Principal_Raditch



Joined: Mon Feb 18th, 2008
Location:  
Posts: 8047
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Benlen wrote: srossi wrote: He slept with a staffer last season, but no further details yet.I don't  see why that is a problem unless one or both  were married.
That shit goes on at my work all the time. I know of at least 3 Rn's I've worked with directly who were married, and slept with MD's who were married and no one got fired. In one instance, the husband of one of the RN's found out about her affair with one of our surgeons. He then decided to make printed copies of a naked photo he'd taken of her at some point in their marriage and put a copy under everyone's windshield in our employee parking lot calling her a whore etc..

Last edited on Thu Sep 22nd, 2022 10:34 pm by Principal_Raditch

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 12:32 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 19430
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
It’s not a problem for any other reason that it’s in their team/org code of conduct.
Being a big time sports franchise means shit like that matters, no matter how ridiculous.



____________________
"It never hurts to use plain language when people are fucking stupid."--gwlee

"wrestling fans need to start taking showers it makes no sense to smell the way they smell"--kk18

"Lard is a food group in Arkansas."-Raditch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 02:28 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
The Ultimate Sin
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Sri Lanka
Posts: 11134
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Principal_Raditch wrote: Benlen wrote: srossi wrote: He slept with a staffer last season, but no further details yet.I don't  see why that is a problem unless one or both  were married.
That shit goes on at my work all the time. I know of at least 3 Rn's I've worked with directly who were married, and slept with MD's who were married and no one got fired. In one instance, the husband of one of the RN's found out about her affair with one of our surgeons. He then decided to make printed copies of a naked photo he'd taken of her at some point in their marriage and put a copy under everyone's windshield in our employee parking lot calling her a whore etc..

How were the pics?



____________________
May I offer you some salt and vinegar chips?
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 02:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Dr. Strangelove



Joined: Fri May 26th, 2017
Location:  
Posts: 583
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
khawk wrote: It’s not a problem for any other reason that it’s in their team/org code of conduct.
Being a big time sports franchise means shit like that matters, no matter how ridiculous.
If a boss or manager sleeps with one of his/her employees, it may also cause an unfair advantage when it comes to times of promotion. 

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 03:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 19430
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dr. Strangelove wrote: khawk wrote: It’s not a problem for any other reason that it’s in their team/org code of conduct.
Being a big time sports franchise means shit like that matters, no matter how ridiculous.
If a boss or manager sleeps with one of his/her employees, it may also cause an unfair advantage when it comes to times of promotion. 
Yeah true.
I'm already rolling my eyes at the youngsters in the sports media speculating about the boss/employee dynamic here and wondering aloud if this should be considered rape. Fucking cunts.



____________________
"It never hurts to use plain language when people are fucking stupid."--gwlee

"wrestling fans need to start taking showers it makes no sense to smell the way they smell"--kk18

"Lard is a food group in Arkansas."-Raditch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 02:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2590
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
khawk wrote: I do. If they terminate him it comes out anyways, so by doing this they’re ahead of the game and staying consistent with their own internal policies.

They want him around for a while so a year off saves them having to can him should they have chosen not to say or do anything.

The PC police are less likely to call for his head given the relationship was consensual and he’s black.

This also keeps it from coming back to bite them five years from now, which happens in daily life now and has to be considered.

They think they have a gem for a coach here and because it was an internal conduct violation they should be ok. I hate that they felt a year off was necessary but that year prevents the PC cunt backlash if it had only been for part of a season (like the deshaun Watson initial suspension turned into).

I disagree if he broke any conduct that can get him suspended for a yr, then they can easily fire him. 

They should've just had him sign NDA, come to reasonable buyout of his contract and then come up with a PR reason why he was let go like he had a medical emergency or family shit and keep it pushing, but this issue will linger for two seasons now .. 

Last edited on Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 02:36 pm by krazykid18

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 02:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
khawk
HALL OF FAMER


Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 19430
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
NDAs don’t work anymore if the government and higher ups get involved. It comes out one way or another and the team is disgraced in the media. Celtics won’t allow for that.

They should probably have fired him given the backlash they’ll get for this though, yeah.



____________________
"It never hurts to use plain language when people are fucking stupid."--gwlee

"wrestling fans need to start taking showers it makes no sense to smell the way they smell"--kk18

"Lard is a food group in Arkansas."-Raditch
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 05:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Blazer
Head Auditor, CPA


Joined: Sun Sep 4th, 2011
Location:  
Posts: 9435
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dr. Strangelove wrote: khawk wrote: It’s not a problem for any other reason that it’s in their team/org code of conduct.
Being a big time sports franchise means shit like that matters, no matter how ridiculous.
If a boss or manager sleeps with one of his/her employees, it may also cause an unfair advantage when it comes to times of promotion. 

Not enough details, but was this chick in the basketball operations department or some hot piece of ass from marketing or ticket sales?  If she was in another division, who cares.  If she was in basketball operations, just more of the bullshit consequences involved with trying to shoehorn women into a men's field all for the sake of diversity or equality or whatever.  Red Auerbach wasn't trying to bang Tommy Heinsohn or KC Jones.  Dude was winning titles.  No distractions necessary at work.



____________________
"Well, maybe I like the nightlife just a little bit more than I like the damn gym, jack! And when you're makin' $500,000 a year, there ain't no reason to change what you're doing." - Dusty Rhodes, 1/4/1986
Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

 Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 06:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
srossi
HALL OF FAMER
 

Joined: Sun Oct 14th, 2007
Location: New York USA
Posts: 61912
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The fact that no one knows anything hasn’t stopped Stephen A. Smith from having his usual horrible takes on this.



____________________
This thread was great before AA ruined it.
Back To Top PM Quote Reply

 Posted: Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 06:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
krazykid18
The Prophet
 

Joined: Mon Oct 15th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 2590
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
srossi wrote: The fact that no one knows anything hasn’t stopped Stephen A. Smith from having his usual horrible takes on this.
explain the horrible take... because he is right just fire him no need to drag this for two seasons... i don't get how that is a horrible take.
but i do agree we might never know how did it get to this point...

Last edited on Fri Sep 23rd, 2022 07:15 pm by krazykid18

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 05:07 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
WowBB Forums > Sports And Wrestling > Sports Talk > CELTICS COACH IN HOT WATER Top




UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2013 Data 1 Systems